Your unique alcoholic concoctions.

Jay

the fool on the hill
The wife came up with this!

1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate.
Vodka.
A can or bottle of beer, any kind*.
Frozen strawberries.

Using a pitcher that can be sealed, pour in lemonade concentrate, then using the can, two cans of water. pour vodka into the can and pour into pitcher. Pour in a can or bottle of beer (*a Weiss or witbier is recommended, like Blue Moon), and then stir it all up. Use frozen strawberries in substitute of ice cubes. For beer we used Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss.

It is damn tasty! Bitter and tart at first, it will start to grow on you, and the strawberries will smooth out the taste when they start to thaw out. Using pink lemonade will make less tart.

Do you have any unique mixes you would like to share?

One Pint (UK - US is too small) glass full of Lager - type immaterial, schooner glass of cointreau - sip out some lager. Carefully drop in the whole galss with the cointreau in it into glass of lager - drink.

Er do not blame me for the consequences if you try this!

I am neither a qualified Doctor or Barman and know nothing about alcobol at all.

Last edited:
I really wish I had some good and orginal suggestions but all I can say is vodka and orange juice.

It just tastes like orange juice.

Starry Night: Half Goldschlager, half Jagermeister

Also, you'll have to go easy on the rum in it (BOO!), but you can turn any Long Island Iced Tea into a Three Mile Island Iced Tea with blue curacao. :cool:

The otherday I had a sort of malibu-tea kind of contraption

Mix with ice:
1.5 parts of Malibu or other coconut flavor rum.
1.5 parts of ice tea (no bubbles) or make your own fruit tea (raspberries or strawberries work nice)
1.0 part of Wodka

last add tonic or soda to your taste :D

Last edited:
If you want a treat of a shot go Bailey's-Kalua-Bacardi 151, set ablaze, and down the hatch:D.

3822063397_0e5281f27f_o.gif

I still have that in my fridge. Anyone got an idea what to do with it?

Get an absinthe spoon, some cold water, and a sugar cube then enjoy...however I think the effects of Absinthe are greatly over exaggerated.

Get an absinthe spoon, some cold water, and a sugar cube then enjoy...however I think the effects of Absinthe are greatly over exaggerated.

I had a friend in 6th grade who was a humongous bullshitter and slightly dyslexic. I remember one afternoon he was telling us about his brother's, secret stash of Abstinence that he got in Windsor. Dude, you guys gotta come over and have some Abstinence it's the shit. :lol:

Famous last words... :lol:

I had it a couple of times when I traveled around Europe my semester abroad. I found the effects to underwhelming.

I had it a couple of times when I traveled around Europe my semester abroad. I found the effects to underwhelming.

Allot of the absinthe they sell doesn't actually have the working ingredient in it. You can get some great ones in slovakia though, they will leave you wondering what you did last week.

Jayhawk, I have had a very simliar mix. It was a mix of beer, strawberry vodka, and lemonade. Unfortunately it mostly ended up tasting like water and being very soft on the alcohol. Definately had potential though.

Sky Vanilla and Coke/Pepsi. My friends agree Pepsi works better, ends up tasting like Vanilla Coke (no error there).

It's probably not very unique, but I like to take some Kahlua, vodka, and vanilla ice cream and run it through a blender. Good for a 100?+ F summer like we get here in Sacramento.

You can also add a dash of Bailey's (Or any equivalent Irish cream liqueur) for a frozen Mudslide.

Not very unique but very tasty:

Take a half Watermelon, cut in the flesh deep and often. sip the juice or store it for later use. Fill up with Vodka, eat some flesh fill up again. Best enjoyed in groups outside because of the certain spillage. really refreshing

Not very unique but very tasty:

Take a half Watermelon, cut in the flesh deep and often. sip the juice or store it for later use. Fill up with Vodka, eat some flesh fill up again. Best enjoyed in groups outside because of the certain spillage. really refreshing

Another take on that, although I'm sure everyone old enough to go to college/uni knows this, is get a whole watermelon, cut a cork-sized hole into it to the center, fill with vodka, plug hole back, tape it up and set it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Another take on that, although I'm sure everyone old enough to go to college/uni knows this, is get a whole watermelon, cut a cork-sized hole into it to the center, fill with vodka, plug hole back, tape it up and set it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.

:thumbup:This was done quite often when I was in college!

the starry night is really good and its also a good way to have a nice smell and also get drunk.

Both of these serve... Well, a crapton of people. We made up two of these and it lasted 2 days of epic parties and there were still about 2 gallons left (but we also made just one and it only lasted 1 night with 4 raging alcoholics)

Lemonadey-shit (Mixed in a 5 gallon sports drink cooler thing) - This is a variant on the "Hop Skip and Go Naked":
1) Pour in 15 cans Coors Light (Used as a slightly alcoholic filler water-like filler)
2) Pour in 1 entire handle of the shittiest vodka you can buy (We used Vladimir - again, this is used as a 3)highly alcoholic water-like filler)
4) Dump in 1 ENTIRE 19oz thing of Country Time lemonade powder
5) Wait for the head to go down and stir vigorously. If you haven't thought ahead and found a stirring implement big enough to use in the cooler, you may need to just man up and stick your entire arm in.
6) Crush a 12oz frozen concentrate limeade thing and throw it in. It'll probably sink and dissolve over the evening - but the tap on these coolers is at the bottom so it's all cool.
6) Drop in a bag of ice, stir vigorously to cool shit off.
7) Add any other white liquors (we've used white rum, gin, even more vodka, everclear) to taste, remembering to stir between tastings and fill. If you get in a bad spot, you can add more powder to back off the liquor taste, but we've never had a problem with it.
8) If your ice has melted, re-ice it now. Another whole bag will do.

It tastes, no shit, literally just like lemonade. The booze is barely detectable. Ours ended up filled to the 15L mark on the cooler.

Fruit-punchy-shit (Mixed in a 5 gallon sports drink cooler thing) - this is a variant on the "Jungle Juice":
1) Add a bag of ice to the empty cooler.
2) Pour in 256oz of red Hawaiian Punch (128oz bottles, we don't know the exact flavor but there can only be so many red ones... Right?)
3) Pour in 128oz of orange Hawaiian Punch (128oz bottle, again, we guessed at the flavor.)
4) Pour in two fifths of Bacardi 151 (don't forget to make jokes about the "Flammable Liquid" warnings on the label)
5) Stir (again, if you failed at planning you may need your entire arm), and taste because you actually have a viable (though not terribly alcoholic) beverage here. We, however, were not satisfied.
6) We added about half a fifth of (luscious branded, I think) Raspberry Liquer (it was what we had left)
8) At this point, it's probably still not very alcoholic. We've tried several options and they all worked well - we've done an extra bottle of 151, we've done various amounts of everclear, and we've also done vodka (cheap Vladimir crap works). Just go to taste and don't forget to stir. If you get backed into a corner, add more orange Hawaiian Punch.
9) At this point, you're going to have like no ice left whatsoever unless you refrigerated your ingredients ahead of time. Throw another bag of ice in.

It tastes like a cross between Hawaiian Punch and a Grateful Dead. Delicious. Again, you should end up somewhere around the 15L mark.

These are actually rather tasty, chick-compatible, rather inexpensive alternatives to a keg. and have been a standard since we stopped Epic Partying with glass bottles (we had some incidents). We figure one of each of these, plus a case or two of canned domestic is good for about 40 20-somethings for a hellza pool party, and has a staying power of about 2 days (just remember to stir and re-ice before reusing)

For general concocting and experimenting, we find that working in bulk allows WAY more freedom than working in a glass or two. One error (most commonly assuming that something can be made better by adding Jose Cuervo) in a small quantity situation will result in something that tastes a lot like... Well, we have a term for this particular phenomenon, and it's called "Jose Muerto". It's also a good idea to keep any and all gold tequilas (and also Jose Cuervo white) WELL AWAY from the experiment area, just in case they accidentally get added in bulk. Gold tequila ruins everything it touches and only belongs in shot glasses, as does Cuervo white. GOOD white tequilas can be used to excellent effect at times, however.

Last edited:
Here's something a bit more... different.

couple years ago i got this box of cacao nibbs from williams sonoma. which is well, coarsly ground unprocessed chocolate. so its very very very bitter.

since i couldnt think of enough things to use them for, i had alot left over.

so, i made this lil concoction!

get a bottle of clear rum. and some simple syrup (dissolve 2:1 sugar:water over a simmer and let cool), also a vanilla bean.

in a large enough bottle, jar, something with a good lid.. pour in the rum. for proportions sake, i never measured, but i did use a 1 liter bottle. i put in about, i want to say it was a 750ml bottle of rum. then about 3/4th cup (give or take.. heh) worth of the cacao nibbs. add vanilla bean, and then pour in the cooled simple syrup to nearly top off the bottle.

shake the bottle then store in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks. shaking it every other day. after 2 weeks, strain it out into a clean bottle.

you now have the best chocolate liqueur in the world. putting that godiva garbage to the shame it is.

essentially, this is same basis used for making flavoured vodkas. however, since rum is made from sugar, i felt it would better compliment chocolate. and the simple syrup is just an easy way to add a bit more sweetness (else it'd end up bitter to hell). the vanilla bean is just there to help round off the flavour.

and random bit of trivia, put a vanilla bean in a container of sugar for a couple weeks, and you'll have vanilla sugar (great for baking, or coffee, etc!) :p