Your useless knowledge?

I could tell whether a train is a Hitachi, Comeng or Siemens model on the Frankston Line.

But can you tell how many losers the train holds just by looking at it?

Generally on my train line, stating the capacity would be fairly accurate.

My useless knowledge is that I can write code fairly well in about half a dozen languages (and more I know bits of and others that would be fairly straight forward to learn) Useless because I hate programming.

I have a nearly encyclipedic knowlegde of all WW2 hardware, from tanks to weapons to airplanes.

actually, i know a shitton about guns in general.

plus i can name most classic rock songs within the first three notes.

and im a huge star wars nerd.

and im a trekkie

and ive seen close to a thousand movies.

Personally i blame genetics. my dads nickname in highschool and college was Captain Trivia so there was really no hope for me.

Star Wars nerd, eh? We may have to have a nerd-off.

And I am known as "Mr. know-it-all" since I also retain worthless trivia.

I know that the word "facetious" is one of two words that has every vowel, in order.

I know a crapload about the Chernobyl accident. Still haven't found a way to use it though. :p

to be honest im ashamed to say my knowlegde of star wars EU doesnt go much further than the yuzon vong invasion. mostly due to my shitastic local library that hasnt bought a new star wars novel in like 3 years.

But pretty much anything before that and im gold. ive still got both old and new essential guides to weapons, droids, etc. and yes, seeing ep 3 at the midnight premier with a bunch of friends all having lightsabers is still one of my fondest memories from highschool.

I don't know if this is the right moment, but I must admit, I have never seen star wars

*hides*

I could tell whether a train is a Hitachi, Comeng or Siemens model on the Frankston Line.

Hitachi is easy.

Weekday morning or afternoon peak is the only times they can run :p
And very occasionally something like New Year's Eve.

Siemens not too hard either, only train with two doors per side of a carriage (4 sets of doors total per carriage) which is very annoying for loading times in peak hour. Trust me, look at a Williamstown or Werribee train at peak hour at only North Melbourne station, takes ages.

Then you've got the break issues too :p

My useless knowledge is I can tell what suburban trains are nearby just by the horns, however I live on the Belgrave/Lilydale so I don't get Siemens, but they are quite distinct.

I can print out "Hello world!" on 7 programming languages.

I don't know if this is the right moment, but I must admit, I have never seen star wars

*hides*

culturally deprived

*hides*

You can already see moltitudes of enraged nerds standing up in shame before this intolerable situation, all screaming "the dark side is powerful in her" and "may the Force be with us".

:p

But apart from that, If you like science fiction, you may want to watch the first two episodes (the first two from the seventies). They are quite good.

Last edited: