Your useless knowledge?

I have so much, I haven't the time or energy to even attempt to list it all.

I know that the space between Bilbo leaving the Shire and Gandalf returning to send Frodo off with the Ring (spoilers) is 17 years.

I only say that because I'm in the middle of my yearly LOTR read.

Most useless piece of knowledge I possess: How to dismantle, service and rebuild a mimeograph machine.

I can guess a womans bra size simply by touch !

I remember most of what I read so that means I have a ton of information regarding various useless topics cataloged in my melon. Star Wars come to mind - I could write a dissertation on the subject from memory. Sad, I know.

The ability to recognize any (pretty much, including cars overseas) on sight and to (usually) be able to produce all of that car's relevant info upon request.

Also, an encyclopedic knowledge of futurama (because nobody does it like molten boron) and bollywood cinema.

Finally, the ability to remember and produce seemingly useless tidbits of info that I learned years ago when they become relevant. When Millionaire was still on TV, I'd pretty much always make it to 500k at least (I was 12-ish).

Nothing too special or exotic, just 75 digits of pi. It is not completely useless; I use it to make my password sometime. :rolleyes:

Same here! 8th grade math, I needed to boost my grade up to get an A. My teacher said if I memorized her poster on the wall of the pi digits, I would get enough extra cred points to bump it to an A-.

We also had a history class in 7th grade where the teacher wanted to go by "Dr. Hom" rather than "Mrs. Hom". So did she have a PhD in history? Nope, she had it in music and so she played the piano every freaking day and we had to sing different songs. Because of endlessly singing one of the songs, I remember the US states in alphabetical order.

Now today here, I can't remember some of the best memories of my life and certain peoples'/friends' names. But I still remember these fucking things <_<

Last edited:
I can count to POTATO.

I studied history, so everything i learned in college is useless :)

Bwahaha. I can count...alllllll the way......

...to schfifty-five.

I know exactly which one of our neighbours is leaving / coming home in our street by the sound of their car and how fast (or not) they take off or come into the street. Although several are absolutely unmistakable: in the house opposite ours - everyone there, including their visitors, drive like an idiot in hurry.

I can do the same for my friends when they come to visit.

For example, Kellie's Lanos makes practically no noise at all, but she always pulls up slowly, so I know it's her. Casey comes in a bit faster and her Commodore makes an odd whistling noise when decelerating etc, and Alex's Lancer has a slightly rumbly exhaust note thanks to the exhaust system the previous owner fitted to it (which he likes, but I think sounds a bit too much like your typical fart-can :lol: ).

I know all the news you never knew that you knew you never needed to know. And I like saying that because people never catch all of it the first two times through.

Only two times is world class. I needed six...

-----------------------------------------------

Being a coin collector, I can identify what country the coin comes from by simply looking at its national side. Even at a three feet distance. Works with euro only, sadly.

I also know that Bujumbura is the capital of Burundi.

Oh, I forgot:

I know who the Stig is not.