Your worst crash

I hit a pole in a parking lot once. There's a little dent in my left rear passenger door. Never been in another accident though so it's pretty boring. My worst actual crash was on a mountain bike, we were riding down a steep dirt road on camp, and I'm not good on a bike, got the wheel caught in a deep gully in the track and went off the side down a rather sheer drop, but luckily got caught in a very spiky tree.

Some of you know my story, so I won't bore you with all the details again. I'll just give you the nutshell version for those who haven't heard it. To make a long story short, My girlfriend and I rolled an '84 Toyota pickup about 6 times at 65mph, and idiotically enough, neither of us were wearing seat belts (too high to care, I guess....when you're 17, you think you're invincible). We were both thrown out of the car and I don't remember exactly what happened, but they think the truck may have rolled over me as it crushed my spine at the chest level, cracked my sternum and several ribs, etc. etc. After getting my spine fused back together and supported by two steel rods, I spent the next 3 months in the hospital paralyzed from the chest down along with massive chest trauma (lungs collapsing, respiratory arrest, etc.)......almost died twice until I finally was able to go home and have been in a wheelchair ever since (that was 11 years ago). Anyway, my girlfriend (who was driving) only had a few minor injuries. Amazingly, we've been together ever since, married 9 years now.

The truck was totaled of course. Unfortunately (or thankfully?) I don't have any pictures.

So that was my worst crash. Hopefully I'll never top that one :lol:

Last edited:

i hope no-one top's that one evah :(

this was my first time to hear about your crash.

i am out of words.

I've only been a passenger in an accident once, sadly in my own car before I was allowed to drive without an adult. My mate put his foot down while exiting a roundabout... in the wet... with a RWD Bluebird. The rear went out, my friend didn't brake and he had no idea about oversteer. So we slid right into the rear of a parked Nissan Maxima! We were left the wrong way round, inches away from a Citroen C3 Pluriel. He'd only driven a Ford Focus and an Audi A4 Quattro Diesel, so he thought there was something wrong with my car when the rear suddenly lost traction in the wet after he flattened it out of the round about... *smacks head*

Still thinks there was something wrong with the car to this day.

Funny thing is that he's bought a VT Commodore V6 without traction control. Should be interesting...

Last edited:
I'm only driving for three months as of now, so I haven't had time to crash yet. I did sort-of crashed my mountain bike, going on a slightly moist asphalt and talking on the phone (yes, I'm so intelligent, right? :lol:). I noticed I was getting to close to a parked car and pressed the front brake (was holding the phone in my right hand). ofc I lost control immediately, and slided about 3 meters on the asphalt. The bicycle was completely fine, and I had some nasty bruise on my right knee. when I got home, I found out that some of my jeans got stuck to it, so it was a jeans-textured bruise :p

It didn't happen to me, but rather my mom and sister. The short version is that I spent the summer of 07 bringing my mom's 97 Ford Taurus back from the dead, and it was promptly rear ended at 45mph by some old cocksucker in a Lexus GS300. They still have lingering injuries from the impact.

FordCrash1.JPG

FordCrash2.JPG

FordCrash3.JPG

FordCrash4.JPG

FordCrash5.JPG

FordCrash6.JPG

FordCrash10.JPG

FordCrash11.JPG

FordCrash12.JPG

FordCrash13.JPG

FordCrash14.JPG

FordCrash15.JPG

FordCrash16.JPG

FordCrash17.JPG

FordCrash18.JPG

FordCrash19.JPG

FordCrash20.JPG

Many years ago I had an old car with drum brakes. Drove through some standing water and thought nothing of it. A stop later I plowed into the side of a crossing car, turns out them old drums dont work very well when stuff gets into them. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast and nobody was seriously hurt.

Most recently I had an OAP in his Honda CRV plow into the back of my truck while I was queued at a toll booth. I had some minor scrapes on my bumper, but he hit it with his front grille and his CRV came off worse for wear. Shouldn't be glad for that, but meh. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
...hasn't happened yet :D

x2

Altho I've had my license for only 10 months but apparently this is the most likely period for a driver to crash, so I'm driving carefully. :)

Last edited:
7 years without a crash..

1) slid in the rain in an old Pug 306 Estate... back end went and made friends with brick wall...
sort of my fault for driving too fast round the corner, but had I known my boss only ordered 2 new front tyres instead of the 4 new ones I'd ordered, I wouldn't have gone so quick.... :roll:

I was fine, aside from some headache and killer muscle ache from the seatbelt. Car was totalled

2) same car, before the other incident obviously. Standing still at the lights, some dude hits me from the rear quite hard (I think he was still doing 40ish kph). No real issue there with me either, but my car's boot wouldn't close anymore

come to think of it the rear end of that car must not have liked me...
Thankfully that is all... I had some bumps and scrapes like people running into me at parking lots, and someone just not stopping in time, but that's all boring and non spectacular

Also, Ice wins this thread, even if he hasn't posted yet :p

Yeah, but that's a title nobody wants...

My worst crash damage-wise was understeering into my neighbour's steel fence post while attempting to park my car in the driveway. I had forgotten there was snow and ice on the road. Luckily, I was too slow for the airbags to go off. So I had it fixed for about 300? for used parts (bumper, bonnet and some related stuff) and a case of beer for the people who did the work.

The worst for my own body was a bicycle fall, but even that only resulted in heavy bruises on my right arm and leg.

No crashes, only a couple of dings. Reversed the Bluebird into a tree once, but only got superficial damage; also ploughed the Sunny into a snow bank shortly after getting my licence, no damage.

No crashes, only a couple of dings. Reversed the Bluebird into a tree once, but only got superficial damage; also ploughed the Sunny into a snow bank shortly after getting my licence, no damage.

Same here, I scraped my mirror a bit on an old and rusty Vw transporter. It didn't leave a mark worth talking about on the transporter, and it was so rusty and shitty I didn't even bother leaving a note. Also ploughed this Volvo 940 into a snowbank at 50kph:
http://img504.imageshack.**/img504/2664/pakoputki006.jpg

Pictured after the crash. You can just about see that the block heater plug is slighty bent, and the licence plate is missing a bit of paint. Volvos are crap to drive, but atleast the older ones are very sturdy :)

I have had my license for like 5 years now, and I never managed to crash yet. I avoided a lot of crashes though... Hope I'l do the same for the next 50 years.. :)

Yeah, I've had mine for 6,5 years and there hasn't been a big shunt. Either I'm skilled or there's just a major one still coming. =P

I suppose my worst crash would probably be 2 years ago when I tried to drive up this washout and in the process smashed my passenger right side fender, pushed both windows out of my hardtop and cracked it in 3 places.

I avoided a lot of crashes though... Hope I'l do the same for the next 50 years.. :)
Well, unfortunately even if you are the best driver in the world sometimes you just can't avoid a crash when somebody loses control of his car and comes fishtailing towards you...

If you can top that you're going to come out of it as the 6 Million Dollar Man. :p

This just happened last night:

011small.jpg

004small.jpg

It's almost funny, because this is the second wreck I've had with a dumb blonde who was driving a white Oldsmobile Alero in a gas station parking lot.

i hope no-one top's that one evah :(

Agreed :)

Sorry, but I think that title goes to Jeffy.

Yeah, but that's a title nobody wants...

I'll hold the title as long as it means no one here has to go through worse. I wouldn't wish what I went through upon even my worst enemy. Besides almost dying on the operating table from respiratory arrest, I've never told you guys about the first week in Intensive Care: my central nervous system was in severe shock, plus I was so drugged up on morphine, demoral, etc. So because of the combination of shock and meds, the result was that I went into what they call ICU psychosis, causing me to severely hallucinate. I sincerely thought all the nurses were demons trying to kill me. I didn't sleep for days while being tortured by these hallucinations, and at one point I ripped out my chest tubes, IVs, and oxygen mask to try and kill myself to get it over with....then they had to tie my hands down, which made my hallucinations seem even more legit (because it actually seemed like I was being tortured).

Thankfully they slowed the medications down after a few days (and I've never wanted pain meds again, because of the hallucinations), but that first week in the hospital was like hell on earth. Fortunately, the remainder of the three months wasn't nearly as bad, although I did almost die again a couple weeks later when my spinal incision ended up with a staph infection that spread to my blood and almost made it into the bone. So for the first year and a half after the accident, I was basically deathly ill while trying to adjust to life in a wheelchair and only being able to feel/move about one third of my body. But, I thank god at least I'm alive.... My perspective is that things could always be worse. It's amazing how one day can change your life forever, which ris why I always tell people to be thankful for what you have now, because there's always the possibility you won't have it for too long....

Anyway, I'm rambling now....and I said before I wasn't going to bore you with the details :lol:

Last edited: