Your worst crash

it looks bad, and the insurance had to pay quite a lot, but the little thing got fixed up and is up an running :)

But you had a head on crash in a smart car, by Final Gear engineering logic you are now dead.

Posting while deceased is no longer the challenge it used to be. :D

In addition, if I recall his post correctly, he didn't hit something on par with the size of an F150 or F350, which usually results in dead Smart car occupants.

Worst car crash hey.....

I got T-boned by a moron trying to run a red light and going way over the limit.

Mum suffered 4 broken ribs, shoulder damage, slight back damage, lots of cuts and bruising. I smakced my head against the b-pillar very hard, and my knee and back at the moment is still undergoing treatment whilst I suffer from very mild memory problems as a result of the accident (ie I sometimes have trouble remembering recent things).

So, please don't drive like a fucktard on the road people. Or you might end up turning someone else into another me.

Your horror-story has gotten my girlfriend to start wearing her seatbelt more often, if she still wears it incorrectly. It really frightens me, half the time she used to just pull it out and sit on the end because she thinks it's uncomfortable to wear. And when she does actually clip it in half the time again she flips the shoulder strap behind her because - again - it's uncomfortable.
Break harder, then she'll get it. She may get angry at you, so do it at your own risk. ;)

Heres mine, wasnt driving at the time but was passenger in a mates car, stopped on a hill waiting for trafic to clear so we could pull into driveway and POW, Right in the kisser. sorta

Rear ended. We were in the blue holden sedan and the person that hit us in the corolla

http://img147.imageshack.**/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscf1214a.jpg

When i got into a chain collision with my Opel:

Car that my car hit from behind
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/15/Dsc00233.jpg

My car from the front...
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/15/Dsc00234.jpg

... and behind
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/15/Dsc00235.jpg

The BMW that was pushed into me
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/15/Dsc00241.jpg

And the hungarian saab that crashed at full speed into the bmw:
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/15/Dsc00240.jpg

My car was repaired, but i don't want to think what would happen if i get rear ended again... I was unhurt btw. Saw in the mirror what's gonna happen and braced for impact.

Last edited:
But you had a head on crash in a smart car, by Final Gear engineering logic you are now dead.

i never said i wasn't :p

Posting while deceased is no longer the challenge it used to be. :D

In addition, if I recall his post correctly, he didn't hit something on par with the size of an F150 or F350, which usually results in dead Smart car occupants.

it was only a fiat punto... harmless!

Is that your friend walking away from the crash on the third picture?

yeah neither of us had a scratch on us. The scary thing is, I had my backpack in the front seat with me. After the crash, I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked under the car and there it was. I reckon if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt, thats where I would have been.

My worst accident was about 16 years ago, I think, and embarrassingly enough, I was on a bright yellow Honda Melody. I had just come off the traffic lights on Torquay sea front in the inside lane and was coming up to a junction when the car in the outside lane decided to cut straight across me to turn into the junction. Fortunately I wasn't going very fast (not that you can go fast on a Melody, meaning that for once I was grateful not to be on the H100S...) but I didn't have a chance to pull the moped around to avoid him. As it was, I didn't hit him head-on, but my right knee took almost all the impact and I hit what I would have expected to be the passenger door... but it wasn't. The car was LHD. The driver had wound down the window, so when my knee struck the door, the glass shattered and sprayed out everywhere, my right hand went through a rear window and I went flying over the top, which hurt rather a lot, especially the bit where I landed and came to in a puddle full of shattered glass.

The driver got out and began to babble incoherently at me, which scared me a bit because I'd just had quite a knock on the head. Then his wife got out, and I could understand her. I'd somehow had the misfortune to be in a collision with that most rare of things, a Dutch person who couldn't speak English :rolleyes: It did make it clear what had happened though; a simple mistake that anyone driving on the opposite side of the road from the one they're used to on a road with more than one lane could make. He wanted to turn left, so had looked to his left to see if there was any traffic coming towards him, hadn't seen any and so had turned across the lane. Of course, the reason there was no traffic approaching was because it was coming up behind him...

It's funny the way the mind works at a time like that. As I gathered my wits, I heard my engine still running (the joy of a small automatic engine) and I was absolutely CONVINCED it was going to explode or something, so I crawled through the rain and the glass and shut it off. It was only then that I realised my right knee was made of agony and I began to yell, and then I think I might have passed out a bit. I came to this time with a big pregnant belly looming over me. In a rather handy coincidence, my bosses son was taking his sister to hospital for an ante-natal checkup and they'd been in the car behind the one that wiped me out, so he took charge of sorting things out!

I got carted off to hospital, where I ended up spending a week being immobilised before being put into an ankle-to-hip brace. The impact did a lot of soft tissue damage including almost completely destroying a cruciate ligament. To add further humiliation to injury, back then all-in-one underwear was popular - kind of like a lace leotard - and some of the glass that sprayed out of the door went down the neck of my jacket and into my undies. This meant that whenever they put me on the bedpan over the next couple of days, bits of glass that had gone down my underwear kept working their way out of my, er, ladies area (thank god it was safety glass with no seriously sharp edges). Again, this was a tad uncomfortable.

It took a year of physio and surgery for me to walk unaided again, by which point I was too scared to get back on two wheels, or indeed, to drive at all. On several occasions since then I've tried to learn to drive, but it's only recently that I've managed to make any headway at all, because the psychological effects of what happened had never been addressed. Fortunately, I now have an instructor who is also a therapist, and I'm taking my test next month. And although I've not had control of a bike myself, I recently sat on a motorcycle for the first time since the accident. It was quite scary even though it wasn't moving, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Who knows? I may yet get back on two wheels.

A friends car a few months ago:

mzc0m2i2mjy0otk0m2vhogzhmwy3yzk3nmzknzllzdg.jpg

Needless to say, none of us were in the car :D And I don't suppose it classifies as an "accident" since someone did it.. For the fun of it I guess :p

I found it quite entertaining I have to admit. He had just parked outside our highschool because of a party, and had intended on getting it the next day. I so would've liked to see the look on his face when he found out :)

Insurance took care of it. :)

I haven't had any serious accidents in my driving career. In fact, my only one was a slight parking incident. It was compeltely my fault, with a little help from the nasty weather at the time.

I was having a really bad day, everything was going the wrong way. On top of all it was raining like hell. So I get in my car and while backing out I rolled (no throttle at all) into the door of a Mazda 3.
This is the damage that I caused to the Mazda:
http://img245.imageshack.**/img245/3461/dsc00693xs.jpg

My Volvo didn't feel a thing. Nothing was bent, nothing was scraped...it looked like nothing happened.
Maybe the crash could've been avoided if the my car had a rear windscreen wiper. Why do sedan cars don't have those by the way?

My Volvo didn't feel a thing. Nothing was bent, nothing was scraped...it looked like nothing happened.
Maybe the crash could've been avoided if the my car had a rear windscreen wiper. Why do sedan cars don't have those by the way?

Mostly because due to the shape, the wind tends to lift the blade away from the glass at best and rips it right off the car at worst. And nobody seems to want to buy a sedan with a roof deflector as is needed for one.

Wyvern, private message me - I'm curious as to the aftereffects of your crash and want to do a little note comparing, if you feel up to it.

Last edited:
I was accident-free up until November of last year. I tell this story with slight embarrassment, since it probably does me very little credit, but it is reminiscent and relevant to the incident that recently happened to Blind_Io and his Honda Civic. I used to work up in Fremont and commuted back home to Saratoga every day (basically, a good 25 miles across the San Francisco Bay Area in California). A 10 mile length of my commute was pretty much always backed up, but one Tuesday was a serious case of stop-and-go traffic which I'm not used to since Northern Californian drivers usually keep a good distance from the driver in front of them and allow the traffic to go slowly but surely without stopping.

Well, it was 6:00pm so it was nighttime. When my lane started moving again, I went fiddling with my car radio and when I looked up, the huge gap I had set of 20 meters had been reduced to like 2 and there was this big bulk of metal in my face. Obviously, I hit the brakes but by then, it was too late. The rear-end impact was about 15-25 MPH. Luckily the car I hit (a 2006 Chevy Malibu) had put some distance from the car in front of it, otherwise it could easily have been a multi-car accident.

I vividly recall the feelings rushing through me. I was embarrassed at myself and worried for the driver. But moreover, I was kicking myself in the pants. Of my family of four, I, the youngest, had to be the first one to directly cause an accident and not be the recipient of one.

We were on the inside lane, so we parked along the center divide (which I know now to never do!) to trade information. The driver was of Indian descent and felt fine, but the damage to the Chevy, I could tell, involved the rear bumper, the tail light covers, and possibly the bits behind it. My car (a 1986 Nissan Maxima) suffered externally a slightly angled front bumper, some split metal panels, a loose right headlamp, a slightly compressed forward right wheelarch, and a cracked windshield.

Fortunately, both cars could drive okay. And the fellow was kind enough to help me find out what information I needed to get from him (after all, it was my first accident).

But it wasn't until we continued along the traffic for another mile when he called me up on my cell to ask about his missing driver's license! Seems in my shame to write up everything onto a pad, I held onto his license and took it with me. We arranged to stop at a local gas station I'm familiar with during my commute and I returned it to him.

I don't believe this follow-up incident made him think any more less of me.

In the aftermath, my fear of losing my livelihood from being sued for medical and automotive compensations went unrealized. My parent's insurance covered everything (the car technically belongs to them), but the Nissan became a salvage title after undergoing inspection. The cost to repair would've been about $1,500 because supposedly the inner frame around the engine was bent too.

The car is still with my parents. Old Japanese cars are tough like bricks, but its radio has always annoyed me, pitching static the moment its half-raised antenna bent slighty. So forgive me when I say the radio was partly to blame for the accident. And with peeling paint, dent bodywork, one inoperative electric window (rear driver side), and now this, I was especially motivated to find and buy the car I'm driving currently - which I'm even more careful with not because I paid for it with my own money, but because of the fear, the shame, and the experience I kept denying would ever happen to me but did.

Please drive carefully!

My first car was a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. Once I realized I was spending nearly $200 a month in repairs (once averaged out) I realized I could lease a brand-new vehicle for less.

Keep in mind this was 1997, and nobody was leasing yet. It was still somewhat new for the average consumer, so car companies were doing rediculous deals just to get people into the habbit. At th time, you could lease a Plymouth Neon for $59 a month. I double-checked my typing there...$59. Not a typo. Granted, it was still a Neon, but still! I leased a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT for $95 a month.

In 1999, I was 3 weeks away from the end of my two year lease. so I began my shopping around for my next car. I ended up at a dealership with a used 1997 Jeep Wrangler, and test drove it. By the time I left the dealership, it was about 8:30PM in the winter. It hadn't snowed since yesterday, but the roads were still wet during the day...which means frozen water covered road...which means black ice.

I was on a freeway on-ramp heading home. When on an onramp, you accelerate more aggressively than you would just from a green light to make sure you're up to freeway speed when it's time to merge. Unfortunately, there was a patch of black ice on this onramp while I was accelerating.

The truck was a rear-wheel drive truck, with all-season tires at best. No weight over the rear axle. I like to think I was a good winter driver. I spent lots of time in parking lots discovering the limits of the vehicle, and how to recover.

Anyways, on the onramp, the back wheels started to lose their traction, and I started to fishtail. I was very good at being able to recover from this sort of situation, however, just as I had my wheel turned very much to the left, the front wheels took grip on an unfrozen portion of the pavement and jumped my truck off the left side of the on-ramp, towards the freeway. The freeway was lower that the road, and I started sliding downhill in the mud (which hadn't frozen yet). It spun sideways, and I slammed sideways into a snowbank, which flipped the truck over onto the freeway, landing on it's roof.

I rolled it at about 25mph. :p

When the vehicle came to rest, I was sitting in my truck thinking, "Why is my hair standing up? And why do I see only dirt and grass out my windshield? And why are my floormats on the ceiling?" At which point I decided "I'd better get out and investigate." *click* (as I unbuckle my seatbelt) *thump* as I fall on to the roof.

In the end, I did sustain a small injury. I was sitting in the ambulance after the accident, and as I ran my hand along the wooden railing along the side near the benchseat, I got a splinter.

After showing up to the courtdate for my ticket, I ended up with only a non-moving violation, and no points on my license, so my insurance didn't go up. I got a ticket for "blocking a traffic signal" because when I landed, the back half of the truck was sticking up in the air and I was blocking the "merge" sign. Because I had the type of insurance where, if the car is totalled, they pay what it owed...not what it's worth. The insurance basically bought the car from Ford Motor Credit, so I ended up getting my secutiry deposit back after rolling the truck. :)

I loved this truck. :(

FordRangerAccident-February1999009.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999008.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999007.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999006.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999004.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999003.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999002.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999001.jpg

FordRangerAccident-February1999005.jpg

On a side note: You see that home-made "Baby on Board...in trunk" sign in the back? I had a big plastic trunk full of roadsalt and sand to add weight over the rear axle, and incase I got stuck. When I flipped, it got tossed out of the back of the truck a good 20 yards.

As I was getting out mr my truck, there was someone running towards me, who slowed down, cocked his head to read the sign...stopped...looked over to the trunk...paused...and then continued towards me. Which means, for just a moment, he thought I not only had a baby in the trunk, but that I was actually advertising it on the back of the truck.

Worst yet was an offset head on with a Nissan Pathfinder. I was going 50MPH when he made a left turn against the light. All I had time to do was hit the brakes. My skid marks went about 60 feet. Had I not had someone right next to me I could have dove into the other lane. The police estimated I was still going about 45MPH when I hit him. Car did it's job and I walked away with minimal injuries. I managed to total his Pathfinder while I was at it.

This was the car before:

1989%20GTC.jpg

After:

Side%20%28Wreck%29.jpg

side1.jpg

Seeing the thread about that guys civic getting a little bump it made me think 'that's not a real accident'. So post your worst (pics preferebly).
*snip*
Enjoy.

You don't like my Civic being rear-ended. Ok. I'll bring the pain. Here is a series of posts about my worst crash. Enjoy.

Coppied from my other forum. Yes, I was hit by a truck.

Incident: 1526 Type: Traffic Collision - Ambulance Responding Location: NB US101 JSO CESAR CHAVEZ ST Zoom Map: 668 4A info as of: 4/26/2008 4:04:14 PM
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
4:04PM RIDER IN MERGE LN NEAR 280 TO 101
4:04PM RED PK TK VS MC BLKG #1 LN
3:59PM 1039 1141
3:59PM OTEHR VEH IN SLOW LANE
3:59PM RIDER AND BIKE IN #1
3:59PM MC VS VEH
RESPONDING OFFICERS STATUS
4:01PM CHP Unit Enroute
4:02PM CHP Unit Enroute
This is me, I think. I was in lane 1 passing a pickup when the driver suddenly changed lanes into me, hitting me with the side of the truck. She snapped over so fast I had no time to react. Speed: 20-25 mph.

Result, my bike is fucked up an will probably be totaled since it's a '94. I broke my left arm in two places, but they are minor non-displaced fractures.

Thank Christ for gear and Tylenol 3 with codine.

I'm tired and typing with one hand sucks.

Just got the splint off today. I still have to wear it but I have to take it off 4 times a day and move may arm for 10 minutes.

What it looks like right now.
9ghjqf.jpg

To put the cartilage back on the doc drilled holes in my humerus so he had a place to suture.

Good news. I just got the police report and it says

CAUSE:
Party #2 (P-2, Dickinson) caused this collision by driving in violation of California Vehicle code section 21658(a), which states in essence: A vehicle shall be driven as nearly as practical entirely within a single lane of travel and shall not be moved from the lane until such movement can be made with reasonable safety. P-2 could have avoided this collision by ensuring the lane left of her location was vacant and no other vehicles would be affected by her lane change.
I am Party #1 and am not mentioned anywhere in the "cause" section.

I don't think I've ever posted the X-Rays before, so enjoy:
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/11/11/2dqk1np.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/11/11/2ijgak5.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/11/11/28c1vrn.jpg

Last edited:
Cute, now try it on public roads and without the car.