Your worst crash

No, but you can predict/assume what the driver will do. Making yourself heard, or noticed by other drivers on the road can also help to reduce possible accidents.

I've never had a problem passing ppl from their blindspots or failed to stop in time. So according to your logic, my clairvoyance must have saved me from all the potential crashes......or maybe it's called common sense?? Obviously something that lane splitters fail to understand.

Common sense? I call it sheer luck.

I've been driving for 2? years now without accidents, and I consider myself lucky.

Problem with traffic, which Blind_Io explained perfectly, is that no matter how good of a driver you are, now matter how much common sense you have, you are still sharing the road with other people. And other people are quite ofte,, in fact _un_predictable.

^agreed on luck.

Predict what other people will do is useful, particularly when you can predict other people doing idiotic moves, but you can't predict everything. For example, you can't predict people running into you while you are on a standstill (it happened to me at least twice), or you can't predict people coming out of nowhere and popping out right in front of you (that happened at least five times in the last 4 years, and three of them I couldn't avoid the impact and an accident occured, the last less than two months ago).

Same on the luck thing- I have not yet crashed a car whilst driving (touch wood), and the only other times anybody else in my family has crashed it is because of soembody else's stupidity or somebody hitting a stationary object:

- Woman in an old Honda went into the side of us (parallel to us, not T-bone) at a T-intersection when she decided to cut past the traffic and turn left on basically the kerb (chunk of road painted white used for pedestrians to wait on) instead of in the truning lane like us. Merged into our blind spot and decided to blame a ton of damage on us. Police never investigated, she came off worse than us anyway. Found out who she was a few days later and tipped off her insurance about it (had eyewitneeses to back our story up), so she paid out our repairs (a few scrapes and dints).

- Dad came off his bike when his back tire went onto a translucent brown piece of plastic from a soap dispenser whilst going right around a roundabout. Minor injuries, bike was pretty smashed up.

- Mum put our old green subaru's bumper into a concrete pillar in a shopping centre carpark, put a decent dint in it. Repaired under insurance.

- Mum accidentally put her foot on the accelerator instead of the brake with the drivers door open whilst in our grage, door basically came off. New door and panels, no car for 3 weeks and mum got some glass in her leg.

- Mum reversed my Suzuki into the brick faux-fence things on the sides of our driveway, big dint in the rear drivers side panel. Dad just chucked some sealant and white paint on it :lol:

The worst I've done is scraped the underside of the front bumper on our driveway once. My sister put a massive ding in the door of a brand new (still got temp rego on it) Audi A6 with her door once, that was an interesting event.....