Clarkson: You're My Favourite Waste of Time

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Sorry to use the title of a naff 80's one hit wonder for this one (and even bigger apologies if you're now humming it against your will) but the entire back catalogue of Clarkson's columns for TG mag is now available on the Uk website.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/jeremy-clarkson-archive

Cue a deepening of the global recession as the collected members of Final Gear waste even more time at work ploughing through it!

:thumbsup: awesome find! + 1 for that

(-1,000,000 for the song reference)

.. one hour later, I am still hearing the song.
Thanks Matt! :rolleyes:

Reactions: MWF
Well, if you insist.....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6f_9usfs-Y[/YOUTUBE]

damn you MWF! that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day now... Have to break out the metnal bleach (Vodka in a pint glass) to remove that one.

An interesting bit of history from when he left old Top Gear.

I pity James May, the man being touted as my replacement. He has been lured by the promise of untold riches, of motor industry obsequeousness on a biblical scale and of bathing in an intoxicating mix of public adulation and Dom Perignon.

Wasn't it Owen Paul who was left standing around like an idiot when he couldn't hear the playback of this song, on Nationwide or somesuch programme?

Wasn't it Owen Paul who was left standing around like an idiot when he couldn't hear the playback of this song, on Nationwide or somesuch programme?

Think it was actually Pebble Mill at One. It's on youtube if you search on his name.

Thanks, MWF! +1 for you!

Not only have you given me something to read for a few hours, but you have helped me FINALLY get 'Uprising' by Muse out of my head. It's been in my head for THREE FUCKING WEEKS STRAIGHT (a record, most songs are only in my head for 2-3 days before they fall out).

So your naff 80s one hit wonder has preserved my sanity for a bit ... such as it is. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks, MWF! +1 for you!

Not only have you given me something to read for a few hours, but you have helped me FINALLY get 'Uprising' by Muse out of my head. It's been in my head for THREE FUCKING WEEKS STRAIGHT (a record, most songs are only in my head for 2-3 days before they fall out).

So your naff 80s one hit wonder has preserved my sanity for a bit ... such as it is. ;)

When you need to replace that one can I suggest "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon?

You know that +1 I mentioned earlier? Consider it withdrawn. :p

Guess we have different tastes. I like it 'cos it sounds like a young Gabriel.

EVIL
EVIL
EVIL

I hope you realise that I don't actually want to admit I can remember either Nationwide or Pebble Mill at One?

I hope you realise that I don't actually want to admit I can remember either Nationwide or Pebble Mill at One?

Neither do I but I turn 40 on the 22nd of this month. Gulp.

Neither do I but I turn 40 on the 22nd of this month. Gulp.

Oh, it's survivable, (from bitter experience) and more believable than 39 ;)
Thanks for the earwig you bugger!

Last edited:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-women-2005-01-01

My wife is so completely in touch with her male side, I?m surprised she hasn?t actually grown a scrotum. This is a woman who uses the C-word as early as possible at dinner parties to save time. Guests that shudder aren?t worth talking to, and those that don?t are worthy of further bottom sniffing.

This is a woman who?s just spent three weeks rallying her Elise around the Atlas mountains in Morocco with a girlfriend. Although that said, they missed out on the ultimate prize because one night, instead of handing in their time card, they went for a swim.

This is a woman who once said she couldn?t see the point of cars with less than 200bhp, who won?t drive my Mercedes because it?s an automatic and who loathes any car that has even a hint of pliability in the suspension. She thinks an Aerial Atom is too soft and an Evo FQ340, too slow.

When our third child was born, I suggested that her BMW Z1 might not be the most practical car and that she might require more seats. So she went out and bought a Caterham Seven as well. It wasn?t quite what I had in mind.

Then came the Elise, which arrived, and after a short test drive, was sent straight back to Lotus to have a louder exhaust fitted.

:lol: