"Youth is wasted on the young" a continuation of Alok's roadtrip

When I we 12, I wanted to be 16. When I was 16, I wanted to be 18. When I was 18, I wanted to be 20. Now that I'm 20...what do I want to be?

It's not easy having serious, optimistic, or emotional conversations on the Internet, home of the sarcastic and jaded, so I have to commend you.

I am one of those people who are themselves on the internet...I have nothing to hide. :)

And you'll find someone to love, there is someone for everyone. Promise.

When I we 12, I wanted to be 16. When I was 16, I wanted to be 18. When I was 18, I wanted to be 20. Now that I'm 20...what do I want to be?

Well... 21. Then after 21 you just don't care cause frankly nothing matters then. Honestly I catch myself every so often telling people I'm 23, cause I honestly don't care to remember. Then I just need to remind myself that I'm 22.

See I was never like that. Why are you wishing your life away? I am 18 now, I only wish I could be younger, not older!!! No wonder people say youth is wasted on the young:rolleyes:

Well... 21. Then after 21 you just don't care cause frankly nothing matters then. Honestly I catch myself every so often telling people I'm 23, cause I honestly don't care to remember. Then I just need to remind myself that I'm 22.

Well i'm turning 30 this year. It sounds silly, but now age matters again.
I'm not histerical but i have a constant feeling that i have only a couple of months left, then it will be time to stop being young. I can't explain it but there is a definite feeling of "this is a begining of the end".
I don't know....maybe a mother of drunken parties at my birthday will end those thoughts.

While on the subject I really need a midget stripper (female) to perform at my party.
With that kind of atraction it will all seem worth while.
You guys know someone?

Interesting thread, I'm glad to see that other people feel like this too :)
I'm 21 now and nearing the end of my higher education (although it isn't going very well). I was destined to become some computer guy as I study computer sciences now, but some time ago I realized that was not the life I wanted.
For now my interest goes to a maritime job. Belgium has some big dredging companies and the system of 6 weeks of work, 6 weeks of vacation and a very nice paycheck seems extremely tempting. I'd rather have a system in which I can commit myself to my job all day long (12 hours shifts...) and don't have to think about anything else, but on the other hand being able to do whatever the fuck I want in my week-long vacations. Normal jobs seem to clog up your free time too with mobile phones, e-mail, and deadlines, and I don't want that.
I would have to study 3 years more though, but that's ok with my parents.

The only issue with a job on the sea far away is indeed my social life. I don't have a girlfriend, never had, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. Never been in love makes it quite difficult to feel what a week-long seperation does with a relationship and I've heard several stories of people stopping their maritime education after meeting the woman of their life.