YouTube blocks UK users from watching music videos

MP4/14

Google said on Monday it will block UK users from watching music videos on its popular video-sharing site YouTube after negotiations with Britain's music royalty-collecting body broke down.

Google said it would begin blocking British users starting on Monday night. The internet titan said it knew the move would cause "significant disappointment".

But it said its hand was forced by PRS for Music, which it said is asking for royalties that would cause Google to lose money every time a video was played on YouTube.

"Our previous licence from PRS for Music has expired, and we've been unable so far to come to an agreement to renew it on terms that are economically sustainable for us," Google said in a statement. Until a solution is found, it added, "we will be blocking premium music videos in the UK that have been supplied or claimed by record labels".

See the rest of this article:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/techn...ng-music-videos/2009/03/10/1236447201752.html

This shouldnt be too hard to get around but I hope this doesnt start happening everywhere.

Too bloody right mate! Let's do it:shifty:

Good, maybe now all the UK members who post UK-only vids in the "Cool Videos" thread will know how we feel! :shakefist:

Oh no.

Now where will you guys get your music videos.

:|

Oh no.

Now where will you guys get your music videos.

:|

piratebay_2051207161_26917d.jpg

Dunno why, but I just felt like posting a picture of a galleon.

Oh yeah, every single "music royalty collecting" business can suck my dick.

They're not doing very well, I watched a few yesterday. :roll:

Anyway there's always the good old US proxy. :D

Ah, ok. :lol:

When you said Monday I assumed you meant the 9th.