Youtube featured videos

Wooptidoop

I just wanted to share my frustration with the featured videos on Youtube.
It's almost like everyone at Youtube was fired or kidnapped by aliens. The same videos are running as "featured" for months now, and every one of those videos has hate comments on it saying that they don't won't to see this on their homepage anymore.
Does anyone know why they're letting this happen?

Dunno what you're talking about, my featured videos change on a regular basis.

Featured videos tend to be ads in my region. One is advertising a TV show that is no longer airing. Another is "Project Runway Season 9 Preview" which I have no idea what it is. Third is "ten best beauty products", also ads. Featured videos = ads that stay on forever because they're ads and nobody wants to buy adspace on the internet because everyone outside of a corporate network* run adblockers.

Last edited:
I never watch the YouTube featured videos. Just subscribe to the channels you like and check the subscription.

Been wondering the same thing. Youtube has probably millions of videos. Why are the ones with 100% hate/dislike on my homepage? I mean, isn't the dislike-button there exactly for that reason, to NOT give the crappy videos airtime?

But then again, they're easily hidden.

They are there because someone paid for them to be there, the end. When you are a youtube/adsense partner, you can pay to have your videos promoted.

I never watch the YouTube featured videos. Just subscribe to the channels you like and check the subscription.

or don't bother at all, if anything worth watching appears, it'll be posted here sooner or later :D