Ownership Verified: Yuppiemobile part 2: 1993 Saab 900i 2.1-16

Yeah, the highway feel and stability on these is really good, but it doesn't feel out of place even on a twisty road. My suspension is quite up-to-date, but I imagine yours cannot be too bad either :)

How do you like the seats? What kind of revs do you have at highway speeds?

I wouldn't call my handling 'good' or 'sharp', but that could be down to the no-name tyres on it. And the fact that I'm going straight from an RS Clio to this... It's definitely pretty rolly to me. Mind you, I haven't had the chance to properly try it out on twisty roads, it's been all town driving and motorways so far.

The seats are pretty nice. The softness is a nice change but I find the lack of support doesn't help my back on long trips. It does just a touch over 3000rpm at 110km/h, better than the Clio.

Interestingly, that matches the 110km/h revs on my 3-speed auto.

And yeah, whenever I drive the Peugeot instead of the Saab I feel like I've swapped from an Ikea couch to a 10-euro wooden chair. :p

Of course, the Yuppiemobile part 2 needs to be a front-engined Porsche. :p

Of course, the Yuppiemobile part 2 needs to be a front-engined Porsche. :p
Part 3, you mean? :p Yes, a Porsche would be ideal. Even the front engined ones are a bit out of my preferred budget. Ideally my Porsche yuppie mobile would have it's engine in the back though. And maybe no roof...

Well, I might be up there picking up bits for my 'rally' car.
Oh cool, where abouts will you be headed?

What is it with all these Saabs all of a sudden?

They're faster off the line than Miatas... (We did a drag race with Lastsoul yesterday)

Oh cool, where abouts will you be headed?
There are a few GTi-R owners in Wollongong and I may swing past there to pick up a few differentials.

A 'few' differentials? How many do you go through?! :p

Wollongong's a pretty nice place. If you're driving in from Sydney I'd suggest going through the Royal National Park, it's a great drive. You're from Melbourne, no?

I have flown up from Melbourne, so I don't have my own wheels.
Remember that my Nissan is all wheel drive, so I ought to have front, centre and rear differentials upgraded to limited slip units if I want to do it properly. Only thing is that they are really expensive.

Well today was a very fun day in Saabland.

I was driving along, minding my own business, when my gear changes seemed to become more juddery than usual. Then the clutch went straight to the floor, nothing there at all. Limped it to the leftmost lane (luckily an ending lane where nobody drives, thanks typical Australian driving) where I stopped, and the car stalled. Got it towed home, $120 for 3km... cheers NRMA :glare: There was a puddle of what seemed to be power steering fluid underneath the car. So something hydraulic has shat itself, maybe a slave or master cylinder? Split hose somewhere? Halp!