Z06 motor NOT covered by warranty, if..

^ We're being monitored! put on the tinfoil hats boys!

monitored.jpg

I must say I kind of like how monaroCountry wakes up from the dead once in a while, leaves a preposterous brainfart and totally disappears again. He's like an anti-GT-R-terrorist! :lol:

^ We're being monitored! put on the tinfoil hats boys!

Don't you know tinfoil hats can help the government pinpoint you since they are more visible to satellite based radars? :)

In all seriousness though, a black box in the GT-R obviously collects some kind of data and since the GPS can (and is) linked to the speed governor it can collect data on where you drive and how fast.

So hypothetically speaking Nissan may have the ability to know that you have been speeding or stayed in 2nd/3rd gear too long (for their liking) and deny you warranty based on that. After all you could claim that the car was designed to ONLY go as fast as the speed limit will allow it outside of a race track. Ofc if you take it to a track you must get maintenance.

Obviously this is pure speculation and a very exaggerated view of things but I don't like the direction where industry is heading. You would think that if a company gives you warranty for x amount of miles they would design the car to be able to stand up to just about any abuse during that time.