Z06 motor NOT covered by warranty, if..

"I was driving it" :p
Exactly. And actually, when I went in because my transmission died about a month ago, they never asked me what I was doing when it happened. I just said "I can't stay in fifth gear while I'm driving", and off it went.

In fact, I can't really remember any time I've ever been asked what I was doing when something happened and I took my car in for service. It's not like it matters, anyway; the incriminating evidence is usually going to be within whatever's broken, no matter what you say.

Last edited:
If you go to a track or school of anykind where your car will be going around a track of some kind you have to sign the liability paper they give you at the gate.

Which also means for that time you're signing away your cars warranty.

Also if you do blow up on the track and push it off the property and say a mile away from the track and have it towed to the dealership, lying won't get you anywhere for several reasons.

1. The Dealer's going to find out from the Tow Truck driver where the car came from
2. The'll check the Tracks liability sheet for your name and if it's there you ain't lying about how it blew up.

(That actually happened to a friend of mine, blew his transmission on the track, pushed it out of the gate and got it towed to his local dealership. Dealership found out where the tow truck driver picked it up and called the track.)

Anyone who actually expects a manufacturer to replace a engine after it blew on a track day is out of their mind.

I'm sure they are, but when being pushed, it happens that parts of cars which are under stress fail. Also, it happens that the manufacturer will refuse to replace them for free.

And since noone has said it yet, I will: GT-R
I am aware that this post of mine was provocative, but the person who just gave me a neg rep for it could at least have had the dignity to leave his or her name. I am willing and happy to discuss this by PM, will not neg-rep back!

Last edited:
hey, why isn't this thread a flamefest like the GT-R one about the warranty?

D-, I expect more from you peoples!

OK OK then I give you a video of a tuned GT-R shredding its transmission.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y27VMeSrJas[/YOUTUBE]

From what I heard (mind you this is not confirmed) Nissan will honor factory warranty on the GT-R if it is raced as long as after every track day you take it to the dealer for after race maintenance.

So what if I blow the engine going top speed on the Autobahn or the Isle of Man roads (no speed limits outside of villages if we believe TG)? In either case I could be reaching high speeds quickly and not shifting up till the redline or even revving the engine for long periods of time. Track driving is really no different from street driving you can rev the hell out of the engine on the streets just as well as on the track and you will never convince me that keeping the engine close to redline while driving is abuse. If it can't handle revving that high it should have a rev limiter lower....

For the idiot who neg repped me calling me a cock. Care to post your name with that comment? This is called making a point, moron.........

He should have just said he was out driving and the motor blew up. No additions to it. You are driving when youre on a race track therefore hes not telling lies either.

A friend of mine shredded his 350Z's transmission street racing one night. He had it towed to the dealership and they called him when it was ready. Easy as pie.

Dealers should love to get stuff warrantied for their customers. They are promised to get paid and the customer will be extra happy with them and therefore continue to do more business. Plus, the customer might tip them for their service. DUH

Just depends on how honest you want to be...

OK OK then I give you a video of a tuned GT-R shredding its transmission.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y27VMeSrJas[/YOUTUBE]

You could have at least lied and said it was a stock GT-R that shredded its transmission on its first launch. The description of the video says:
After over 100+ launches of 600+whp, Samurai Speed finally found the limits of the GT-R's transmission! The gearbox snapped like a twig on launch.
Which makes it look almost reasonable! C'mon, haven't you taken part in a flamefest before? :p

Both Chev and Nissan wont cover for a blown engine when it blows on a track.

Chev will cover a blown engine out on the street, Nissan will only cover it if you do the proper maintenance after any track day.

Chev warranty = better than Nissan!!!!

So if I never go to a track with my Nissan and thus can't have post-track maintenance, Nissan won't replace my engine when it blows during normal driving? How so?

If you go to a track or school of anykind where your car will be going around a track of some kind you have to sign the liability paper they give you at the gate.

Which also means for that time you're signing away your cars warranty.

Also if you do blow up on the track and push it off the property and say a mile away from the track and have it towed to the dealership, lying won't get you anywhere for several reasons.

1. The Dealer's going to find out from the Tow Truck driver where the car came from
2. The'll check the Tracks liability sheet for your name and if it's there you ain't lying about how it blew up.

(That actually happened to a friend of mine, blew his transmission on the track, pushed it out of the gate and got it towed to his local dealership. Dealership found out where the tow truck driver picked it up and called the track.)

Anyone who actually expects a manufacturer to replace a engine after it blew on a track day is out of their mind.

Have your friend tow it then, its not like they are gonna check every track event in the country :)

So if I never go to a track with my Nissan and thus can't have post-track maintenance, Nissan won't replace my engine when it blows during normal driving? How so?
Why would you ever own a GT-R and never take it to the track? That's like owning an Aston Martin and never getting laid.

Posmo, while that's possible, if you straight up lie to them and they actually do somehow find out, you're in serious shit... like going to court shit. <_<

Why would you ever own a GT-R and never take it to the track? That's like owning an Aston Martin and never getting laid.

Posmo, while that's possible, if you straight up lie to them and they actually do somehow find out, you're in serious shit... like going to court shit. <_<

You might be surprised but not everyone buys a performance car to take it to a track. In fact the #1 reason for buying a car (or anything else) is wanting one :)

I would buy a GT-R, but I'd never take it to the track. If I wanted to do track racing, I'd buy a track car.

As for the warranties our little GT-R basher brought up, the Chevrolet warranty isn't really better. Chevrolet wouldn't warrant your car either if they knew you had thrashed it on a track. The actual difference is that Nissan will know that you did, since the GT-R has a black box.

I would buy a GT-R, but I'd never take it to the track. If I wanted to do track racing, I'd buy a track car.

As for the warranties our little GT-R basher brought up, the Chevrolet warranty isn't really better. Chevrolet wouldn't warrant your car either if they knew you had thrashed it on a track. The actual difference is that Nissan will know that you did, since the GT-R has a black box.

Not only does it have a black box but i also heard a rumor that speed limiter is GPS based. So if you are on the track the limiter turns off automatically but elsewhere it will be on. This might be JDM only models though.

It's not a rumor. It is only JDM models.

^ We're being monitored! put on the tinfoil hats boys!