Zeekr 001 EV - 2021

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Was a Lynk & Co concept, now:

Owned by Geely - the Chinese multinational behind Volvo, Polestar, Lotus and the London Electric Vehicle Company - Zeekr is a brand-new, premium-focused brand.
The 001 will be offered with either an 86kWh or 100kWh battery, delivering up to 435 miles of range on a single charge.
Electric motors on the front and rear axles combine for 536bhp and more than 516lb ft, resulting in 0-62mph in 3.8sec and a top speed of over 124mph. The 001 can brake from 62mph to a standstill in just 34m, the company says.

It looks interesting, but I fear that a Chinese product is going to struggle with NHTSA and NCAP testing, as well as quality. Maybe they will do a US launch in Utah since their parent company owns our local track.

It looks interesting, but I fear that a Chinese product is going to struggle with NHTSA and NCAP testing, as well as quality. Maybe they will do a US launch in Utah since their parent company owns our local track.
Geely own Volvo, so they shouldn't have problems with safety and they share platforms.

Volvo or not, they don't have a great track record. I'd want to see some consistency before buying one.

More recently:

Comparable year Volvo:

That frontal collision alone has massive safety cell deformation, the steering wheel ended up in another county.

Those crash tests are great at shaming them into doing better.

One of them was from last year, I want to see at least one full product cycle than is comparable to the West's safety standards.