Zeekr - Geelys weird luxury cousin

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Babboe Deathtrap
First up: sorry if there's a Zeekr thread already... went back 10 pages, couldn't find anything (and search didn't want to help).

I thought I'd put one up for the whole brand, not for a single of their models, because they're a bit weird and "special" and waht have you. And since there's no thread, interest can't be all that great.

from Wikipedia:
Zeekr was founded in March 2021 as a premium brand for battery-powered vehicles by the Geely Group to compete against Nio and Tesla, among others. The Zeekr models are to be based on the SEA platform presented in Autumn 2020.

So, with that out of the way... let's take a look at their two models, both of which now go up to 140 kWh of battery capacity. Which is crazy high. Apart from that, the platform goes up to 400 kW AWD configs and comes with the usual craziness of cameras and radar and whatnot. No idea whether to trust that it all actually does anything or not...

Anyway, currently two models:

Zeekr 001
direct Model 3 competitor. Looks nice. ~10k sold in China so far, so not doing too badly. Supposed to come to Europe in 2023 also.
1920px-Zeekr_001_IMG001.jpg
1920px-Zeekr_001_002.jpg

and then there's this... the 009 van, which for some reason comes with a rolls royce chrome grill on the front (yes that is on the production car).
zeekr-009-min.png

same technical underbody (up to 400 kW, 140 kWh, blabla), 2+2+2 seat config, automated driving craziness.
honestly if they'd held back on the chrome at the front, I'd actually love the design of that brick... oh well. never coming to europe anyway.

Looks so similar to the Geeley Lynk & co 01 and the 02 too.

front-45-black-_1000.jpg

240px-Lynk_&_Co_02_001.jpg

Never even heard of these, that van front is hideous, and that Geeley looks 2 cars stacked. :ROFLMAO:

Zeekr looks ok.

Geely already owns a pretty significant share of the global car market, I'm surprised they aren't in the automotive press more often.