What's the First Series you Watched when it Aired?

What's the First Series you Watched when it Aired?

• Total voters
I've always liked cars and my parents suggested I watch this new fangled show called Top Gear because I might have liked the old series'. Series 1 for me.

The first ever complete episode I saw was 07x03. Magical

I honestly can't remember but I think it was series 1. I remember watching the first test of the murcielago as one of the first episodes I had seen, which I believe was the very first show in series 1...

Vote for the first series of Top Gear you watched when it first aired on BBC Two.
I don?t quite get the question. :blink:

I?ve never seen TG on BBC2, and the TopGear I?ve first seen was about 2000 on BBC World (with VBH testing a Peugot), so "old" series. After that I?ve come across it again about end of 2005 with some Videos on Youtube, but those weren?t complete shows or Series I saw there, just single segments of the show. The first probably was the "Pimp my Lada" of Series 1 because I was looking for "pimp my ride" Clips on YT then :rolleyes: , and the rest then came in no order whatever.

Should I click Series 1 then? :|

I don?t quite get the question. :blink:

I?ve never seen TG on BBC2, and the TopGear I?ve first seen was about 2000 on BBC World (with VBH testing a Peugot), so "old" series. After that I?ve come across it again about end of 2005 with some Videos on Youtube, but those weren?t complete shows or Series I saw there, just single segments of the show. The first probably was the "Pimp my Lada" of Series 1 because I was looking for "pimp my ride" Clips on YT then :rolleyes: , and the rest then came in no order whatever.

Should I click Series 1 then? :|

Yea I gather he is asking basically just which series did you either a.) start watching the new format of top gear or b.) first saw top gear, regardless of where you saw it because many of us don't have access to BBC Two. So yea, I'd just put series 1.

First episode ever was when Hammond was testing the SLR, thats when i found out it was a real show and not some random internet clips. Then I watched bits of 3 4 and 5 from what i could find on kazaa and started going by date and realized i wasn't too far off present time so i searched for the most recent ones, found this site, and caught the premier of season 6 and eventually got 5 4 3 2 1 and suggested we put up the old TG too

so 6 then

Sorry, I'm not talking about the first series you ever saw; I'm talking about the first series you saw when it aired for the first time on BBC Two (or any other channel at the same time). For example I started watching Top Gear after series 7, but the first series I saw was the 8th.

hmmm. Well i always knew of TG but had no real way to watch it as regularly as I do now (i watch the episodes about 4 hours after they are on the air). Always downloaded bits and clips of TG from Kaaza and other early p2p programs (even got the sounds of an Impreza from the show from Napster at the time).
Then I found out there are full episodes available for download. Awful quality by Jabba but it was the first time i watched a full episode...this was around the start of season 4. Been an addict ever since :)

I dont know which was my first show.
I think I was about 13-14 (almost 25 now) when I saw it the first time, it was the old format ofc.
Found this site while searching for episodes I had missed from the new format. (<3 Viper007Bond)

The first one that I downloaded right when it came out was 8x05, but the first time I saw top gear was on The Discovery Channel, which used films series 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

i watched episodes here and there of Season 4 with my 1st year roommate.

and then googling for more i found this forum, and started with Season 5. :D

First TG I ever saw was when it was on the Discovery channel. It was a Sunday morning, the Evo vs bobsled was the first thing I ever saw. The reason I stopped to watch it was purely because I recognized "Mona Lisa Overdrive" (Matrix music) playing lol. But then I was hooked.

I've never seen top gear or fifth gear on TV at all, just computer.

all I know is the first ever top gear I saw was the morgan aero 8 review, I was amazed on the spot

Series 8 was the first series I watched in full, but I think my friends had downloaded some earlier series 7 episodes which we watched occasionally, and that inspired me to go and download the (then) current season...which resulted in me finding this forum :D.

Started from series 1 episode 1 and I've NEVER missed an episode and never will :D

In fact most of the week is spent talking about the last episode with friends, and then waiting for the next one :D

Been a fan as long as I can remember - used to love the BBC / TG presentation of the equivalent of WRC wayyy back - esp. Lombard RAC rally. So voted Series 1.