Going to photography school - need help from resident pros, please

Piece of cake, actually. The guy looked at the photos, went ooh, aah, hmmm a lot and then said "I think you'll like it a lot here.". Then we just had a chat about the photos so he could see if it was really me that took them or not and then he answered a few of my questions about the actual course. I got a piece of paper saying that i passed, which is valid for 2 years from the day it was issued. The course starts in october, 3-4 times a week in the afternoon and a few saturdays. I'm SOO stoked!

Well done Ice. I hope you enjoy ;-)

I PAAAAAAASSEEED!!!!!!

Now for the next 2 years i'll be learning how to take pretty pictures. :p

Excellent! :cool: :clap: You may also want to scout around to see if any pro photographers are in need of an apprentice, or work part time at a photography studio; I believe 50% of overall talent comes from experience in all areas. You could learn a lot setting up a studio, or taking pictures of smelly families and their brat children.

Last edited:
Would love to, but i don't think that with the job and the classes i'll have any time left. But i'll see what's what. :)

Now for the next 2 years i'll be learning how to take pretty pictures. :p

This means we'll be expecting pretty pictures! :lol: Great going!

I am now officially enroled. All the paperwork is done, the tuition for 1 year is paid. Classes start October 1st @ 16:30, woo!!

I'm so chuffed!

High five!

Wow, how did I miss all this??!!

Congrats Ice, great news! Best of luck:)

So, first introductory class is behind me, and by the looks of things, this will be VERY interresting. First piece of scripture we'll have to study by November is an American Navy textbook on photography (from pre-digital times). I'll be getting that as a pdf and seeing as I'm probably not supposed to share it, drop me a pm on wednesday. ;)

In other news, I got quite a hefty shopping list, a 50mm prime (I'll be buying the new Nikon in December), a good stable tripod and a light meter. First bit of homework to do untill Tuesday is a self portrait and seeing as my studio equipment just arrived today, I have an ace up my sleeve. :D