[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters
No, sey don't.
The childish behaviour is all with the brits. Honestly, this is something that ONLY the brits do. The french don't, the americans don't and the dutch don't have this "Germany vs. X" thing either.

The Americans are the most patriotic bunch of people in the whole of human history.

best of the series. Awesome work...

Top marks, wonderful hour of TV, enjoyed it from start to finish. The challanges against the Ze Germans was the highlight of the summer 08 series. Unquestionably staged but didn't stop the whole segmant to be labeled great TV. As some1 else mentioned the Spitfire "arrival" was certainly filmed in England and I doubt very much the German hosts don't know who Stig is would know instantly. Diry being dropped though trouser pockets and tunnel named "Harry" very funny. Hammands bad winner I have now watched this episode twice and laughed just as much the 2nd time as I did the 1st.

Foir pple complaining about mentionaing WWII and the allies victory, this is all done in humor no malace intededed. The only pple who emporsize the winning the war is not the British it is the view of the uneducated majority sorry minority of Americans who think they saved us from speaking German, reinforced the 30 members of the home guard who where defending Britian with 3 million men, stopped us speaking German, single handed liberated France, took Berlin and only stopped the defeat of Germany at the gates of Moscow.

10/10, best of the series and well I am struggling to think of the last time they did an episode I enjoyed that much.
The first 2 cars were great, I like seeing the occasional review of cars you'd never really hear about or see that often, supercars are cool but before Top Gear touches them most of us have seen the concepts read about all the stats and have a good idea what they are but how many people know much about Mitsuoka? Before Captain Slow tested them I only knew them as that crazy car. As Hammond was testing his car I found myself thinking (and I will get flamed for this) how much more I like his reviews than I like Clarkson's. He actually reviews the car, not the name attached like Clarkson (see the 8c for an example) Than the star, which people will admit is their least favorite part was VERY entertaining. True car guy talking about what's important on top gear ... cars. For me it was probably the best SIAPC and if not it goes down as one of the top ones. This is how they should all be, not 2 people who could really care less about cars talking about nothing interesting. Than the cocking about, perfect length. It wasn't too long like they can be sometimes. Started good with the spitfires and ended good with the stig, i mean may. It was also nice seeing Sabine again, she's totally hotter than that bitch Danica Patrick (to be fair so is James May) and took Top Gears cheating pretty well.

There just wasn't 1 boring part the whole episode.

Foir pple complaining about mentionaing WWII and the allies victory, this is all done in humor no malace intededed. The only pple who emporsize the winning the war is not the British it is the view of the uneducated majority sorry minority of Americans who think they saved us from speaking German, reinforced the 30 members of the home guard who where defending Britian with 3 million men, stopped us speaking German, single handed liberated France, took Berlin and only stopped the defeat of Germany at the gates of Moscow.

Maybe you should work on that crazy language called English before you start mocking "uneducated" Americans.

Last edited:
Can ANYONE make my wish come true?

I NEED gifs' of Hammond:

A) Having the running start and smashing the time board down

and B) Walking over to the Germans door, opening it and shouting "YESSS!"

SOMEONE can do it! I know you can!

best episode of the series.

finally some james in the best review in the season. the selection of cars were great and totaly new to me.
mad props to hammond powersliding that 700 HP german brunhilda arround the hammerhead.
great racing from the stig in the gumpert and aston.

I gave it a 9, but only because the challange seemed a bit too staged for me.
But still it was the best episode of the series and I haven't laughed as much in a long time especially Hammonds "bad winning" and the Stig beating the Scouts was hilarious.

Top gear 1, D Motor 0.

I loved this episode. A solid ten. No questions in my mind.

Thx (thanks) for putting me straight (didn't know I was typing a English assignment) however while we are on the subject, not only for my post but for the name of said tunnel. In future I will put more emphasis on spelling, grammar and make them more eligible, cheers.

Great German vs. Britain film. I felt really bad for the Germans. Especially the suit guy after Hammond winning.

"That suit guy", Carsten, is their "James May" character, unfortunately he is absolutely annoying. Tim Schrick on the other hand drives like Tiff and has a sense of humor like Tom Ford. D:MOTOR is not as good as Top Gear, but I would easily rate it higher than 5th Gear.

Back to the topic of this episode: Easily the best of the series, Germany vs. England was amazing, both sides playing with the stereotypes. :mrgreen:
Tim arriving in the Phaeton was hilarious. Should have been a 911 or his Dyane.

Brilliant episode, 10/10. The Brit vs Ze Chermans was superb - so many laughs. The Gumpert review was terrific - great work. James got me worried with him liking that superfish thingy...

That's definitely going to be an ep that gets watched many times.

Excellent way to end a terrific series. Great stuff Team TG.

(Oh, and I need a Bowler...)

That for me was the best show of the series. There were signs there that maybe things might be starting to improve a bit. I've not been happy with the way the news segment is just three guys talking sex. That was boring and not very funny tbh. They got back to talking cars this week and it was funnier than it had been all series.

Roll on October :)

9/10 near perfection this, because of

- a "real" car review by James
- a supercar review NOT done by Clarkson this time
- an interesting SIARPC that only really cared about the laptime (like the rest of us)
- a race/cocking about combo that was the best one yet!

I was rolling over the floor when Hammond was a "bad winner"

I dunno, the episode didn't entertain me as much as last week... maybe it's just me. It was still great, but ehhhh.... I dunno why. I laughed at richard wrecking the laptime board tho. The german bit wasn't that funny however.