James May: James May's Big Ideas

Viper, I'm on my mac so I can't check but is it rar'd like a ScT release or the avi? Because if it's the exact same as the ScT release I'll change it over to seed for the final gear boys (and girls)

I really liked this episode, it was a lot like JM's 20th century bits.
like a "here's something you never knew before" show, presented by May.

I also think he's funnier doing his own show, whereas on TG he always plays the role of captain sensible

I enjoyed it too. James is the perfect presenter for this type of thing, as you can almost see him being one of the loony shed creators himself! Roll on next week :)

Last edited:
Totally awesome to see him in Orlando. I wish I had known!

Ah, that was so awesome, the same vibe as JM's 20th Century.

James is definitely the best presenter of the Top Gear trio... Jeremy is good, but relies a lot on his irreverence and being able to say what he thinks, but James has by far the best presenting skills.

Watched it last night with the other half and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. James truly shines doing this sort of stuff, and it is completely obvious he had researched extensively and he actually knows what he is reporting - not just reading it from a script. Fabulous work, James. Well done!!

Awesome show!

Great piece! :lol: at the "In the words of B.A. Barackus", and many other moments. He must do these shows more often; who knows, he might even outdo Jeremy in the non-TG documentary realm.

Some more information about the Ekranpolan that James will be flying/driving in tonight's episode. Including three clips.

I like how in the second one he is fly-driving the thing at high speed and than asks "Okay, how do I stop?" :D

The Ekranoplan even made it into a James Bond book (another May-007 connection), Devil May Care by Sebastian Faulks.

Just watched it and grinned like a fool through the whole thing! It's a pity that relatively few outside of the UK will see it on TV! (Glad there's FG to help us get it! :))

Above and beyond loving the show in general, I loved all the globe-hopping (San Francisco! woohoo!) and James' conclusion at the end of the program- so true! And as was mentioned before on the thread, James is in a class of his own. You can tell he had a blast making this.

One more thing... alooominum. :lol:

Looking forward to next week!

That was really good! Beats the hell out of the underfunded stuff we get on American TV. Even "big budget" Discovery channel stuff seems cheap compared to this.

But maybe I'm biased.