[01x03] October 13th, 2008

[01x03] October 13th, 2008

• Total voters
The most annoying part for me is that the presenters are over exited about their challenge results.
You get a car from a scrapyard and you celebrate winning a stupid challenge like it's the biggest accomplishment of you're life?
It's just not realistic, unless they are retarded. It's the same thing with Fifth Gear as well.

Does anyone else notice this?

The most annoying part for me is that the presenters are over exited about their challenge results.
You get a car from a scrapyard and you celebrate winning a stupid challenge like it's the biggest accomplishment of you're life?
It's just not realistic, unless they are retarded. It's the same thing with Fifth Gear as well.

Get two of your mates, do a similar thing, and win - if you don't jump all over the bonnet in a childish taunting celebration there's something wrong you - it's all about giving the others shit that they lost.

Get two of your mates, do a similar thing, and win - if you don't jump all over the bonnet in a childish taunting celebration there's something wrong you - it's all about giving the others shit that they lost.

It would be un-Australian NOT to do this! Of course, to do it properly, the three would finish up at the pub and the two losers would keep going on about how they 'coulda been the winner if x had happened ....' over a couple of beers.

What I don't get is this: if they had all the reviews and challenges shot before they started, why didn't they lead off with better stuff? Yes, the in-studio stuff still requires break-in time, but they could have started the series with their BEST review and their BEST challenge. The fact that they seem to be getting better as the series goes along seems to be an indication that they didn't.

You're exactly right. They should've lead with a trump.

And this why the predictions that it will get better over time are somewhat... um... optimistic.

It's all in the can, man. The only thing they can 'tweak' now are the studio pieces and maybe continue to re-edit the 'segments'.

It is, what it is, what it will remain. Gulp.

You're exactly right. They should've lead with a trump.

And this why the predictions that it will get better over time are somewhat... um... optimistic.

It's all in the can, man. The only thing they can 'tweak' now are the studio pieces and maybe continue to re-edit the 'segments'.

It is, what it is, what it will remain. Gulp.

You're probably right about series 1 hitting a plateau - though the studio segments can still improve as they get more comfortable in there - but I think the main potential for improvement is if they get another series. Then they might have a properly good series, since that's when they can apply what they've learned from the first.

Take TGUK, the second series was way better than the first in every respect, and not just because James was better than the fat guy.

Well, I think this week will be the last for me. I am not even sure i will be able to sleep after that horrible woman guest. It is beginning to put me off Australia. I hope to visit and I hope what I have been seeing is not typical.

I can't find anything interesting. I am very happy most of you seem to like it. But it does nothing for me but make me cringe.

My first TGUK was from season 5 and I fell in love with it on that one show. When I went back and watched season 1, it was not nearly as good as season 5 of couse, but the guys were at least likable. Even Jason. I couldn't wait to see what Clarkson and Hammond would say or do next. I just really don't care what this crew is going to do next and it embarrasses me what they say. And again, what is all that arm waving around crap?

I have always defended SIARPC, but my god, it has been absolutely horrible. The guest are horrible and Charlie is even worse.

I think it is the host (and the guest) that has killed it for me. They are not interesting or even likeable. More like irritating and embarrassing. When I feel this bad after watching a show I wanted to like so much, I just have to let it go.

Best of luck to those of you that like it. I hope it has a nice long run for you.

I keep reading people everywhere defending Top Gear Australia by saying the same thing, it's their first season, new show etc, and that UK season one was also crap etc...

But hey, Top Gear UK season one was 'never' crap, it was original, fresh and a new take at car shows, it showed style and promise from day one, all the hosts were likeable, and good at what they did from the start, sure it looked rough as hell, and took some time to bring in some of the better cinematography, but your forgetting TGAU is starting with much of what made UK good, and is failing 'with' it.

I reaaaaally am starting to like this. The CLK Black was a good review, because we really know what it's like, the challenge was VERY good, the X6 review was good (because we all know it is crap offroad).

Dunno about SIABSC since I skip always skip it, dunno who it is anyways...

still, 8/10

I'm scared to admit this here... but I like TGA much more than TG Classic now. British TG is way too overscripted, overacted, and formulaic/predictable... they ran out of breath a couple of seasons ago. TGA seems fresh, and it doesn't have any boring moments in it, I can honestly say I enjoyed every single minute of each of 3 episodes (except for guess stars parts which I don't care about). The news section is actually interesting and fun to watch. UK news for example is a string of unfunny jokes for female audience and 5 minute long elaborations on them. I noticed many time that I drift away during british TGs because it gets boring in places.

Seriously, TGA rocks. I like all three hosts too as much, or even more than Clarkson-Hamster-May. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season much more than to the new season of TG UK.

7 points overall but went up to 8 just because of that final race in the crap cars, especially the thing about reducing weight on the fly.

Sorry, are you German, you must be if you didn't get it.

the guys were at least likable.

Warren and Steve are very easy to like. Charlie ... not so much, but he's not terrible either. I do respect him for what he has to do, he's got the most work cut out for him of the 3.

Perhaps those that aren't turned on by TGA should perhaps wait and try watching it again once Season/Series 2 gets underway. Give the guys - and not just the presenters, but EVERYONE involved in the production - a chance to bed down properly.

the best thing in this episode was x6 review although it could have been better if Warren have taken it to the track but obviously this is not his style... :mrgreen:
the apsolute worst thing in this episode was guest... and Charlie as usuall :lol:

CLK Black review - I was really looking forward to seeing this, after watching Jeremy Clarkson's glowing review a few days previously. It was interesting to see how Steve's opinion differed, but good to get his honest review.

X6 review - I think Warren is my favourite presenter. He seems the most natural in front of the camera and is enjoyable to watch. His find in the manual about not driving the car on rough terrain was particularly good. I thought they could have used a couple more side on shots though to show just how bizarre looking it is - I saw one driving down the road a few days ago and it's even crazier looking in real life.

Challenge - Charlie actually made me laugh! I think it's a first. His comment about reverse birth when Warren was trying to get into his car was very funny. I also lol'ed at Steve's taxi driver impersonation. Overall it was a fun and entertaining challenge, and the guys really seem to be meshing well together as a team - they are much funnier when they're just messing about.

News - Warren's cartoons are very funny, as was the discussion about the poofteenth - I remember hearing that in the first episode and thinking it would come back to bit them on the arse. I would have actually liked to see an explanation of the road rules regarding multi-lane roundabouts, however, not just that second of animation.

SIABSC - Julia Zemiro makes Charlie Cox look calm and unflustered. I usually like her but she seemed slightly hysterical. I wish Warren was doing this bit though.

Overall continuing to improve - it's not perfect yet, but it's getting pretty good.

The program is akin to a fake Rolex. Looks like one if you don't look too carefully, but YOU (the wearer) know it isn't the real thing...and it could pack up at any time.

The program is akin to a fake Rolex. Looks like one if you don't look too carefully, but YOU (the wearer) know it isn't the real thing...and it could pack up at any time.

Brilliant. Smegging Brilliant.

:bow:

I felt ripped off with the second half of the scrap car challenge, it was only on for 12 seconds.
Still the episodes are getting better.