SEMA Preview: Chevrolet debuts quartet of custom Camaros

If only they would devote the same amount of time and effort into fixing the crappy cars in their lineup... like, say, the Impala.

k.

What's wrong with the Impala? I quite like it.

10x better than the 00-05 Impalas ever were...

(And they're winning some ground with the police departments finally)

That black one is damn sexy.

If only they would devote the same amount of time and effort into fixing the crappy cars in their lineup... like, say, the Impala.

I doubt they paid much at all developing these. GM already is improving their line-up, so far all their recent cars have been winners (Malibu, CTS, Camaro, Corvette, Solstice).

A redesigned Impala is coming. It will not be RWD but taking into account what has occurred this is not surprising. The current version has actually sold quite well which is an interesting fact.

I would be happy with any of those...

I want the black one with the LS7. Or even with a pancake in the engine bay, I'll get an engine later, I just need one of them. Need it. Nnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Need it.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the Impala? I quite like it.

First, it's Fail Wheel Drive.

Second, it's Fail Wheel Drive with a BIG HONKING V8, which makes the understeer worse.

Third, the seats feel like they were taken from an RTD bus.

Fourth, the Tupperware interior is *awful*.

Fifth? Acres and acres of the classic supercheap GM Gray Plastic.

Sixth, it's not even good value for money.

Seventh, they put the SS badge on it when it's a total embarrassment to the badge.

Eighth, there's no sat nav, they just decided (like the Malibu) to not offer something that every other car in the class offers - instead you can pay for the awful OnStar voice navigation service (a monthly fee).

I can keep going.

interior.jpg

No, no they don't.

:p

Is this a problem? Looks like an impala dash to me, which (becuase the car is so awesome) is excellent!

Oh, and there was something about the engine.... hmmm.... i'm not sure i can remember...

The interior only looks bad with a manual, because the car was never designed to have a floor shifter.

No, it is pretty bad with the auto too (my Dad's Roadmaster has the exact same interior).

The Cadillac version wasn't much better:

fleetwood11.jpg

It's amazing how far Cadillac has come; see the new CTS.

It's also unfortunate to see how far Chevrolet *hasn't* come.
2009-Chevrolet-Impala-SS-Dashboard-1280x960.jpg

By comparison, this is what the base Hyundai Genesis, which sells for what the Impala SS does, looks like inside.
asset_upload_file480_2555.jpg

Yeah... If the Genesis proves to be a good car in the long run as well, I'm seriously considering it in a few years.

First, it's Fail Wheel Drive.

Second, it's Fail Wheel Drive with a BIG HONKING V8, which makes the understeer worse.

Third, the seats feel like they were taken from an RTD bus.

Fourth, the Tupperware interior is *awful*.

Fifth? Acres and acres of the classic supercheap GM Gray Plastic.

Sixth, it's not even good value for money.

Seventh, they put the SS badge on it when it's a total embarrassment to the badge.

Eighth, there's no sat nav, they just decided (like the Malibu) to not offer something that every other car in the class offers - instead you can pay for the awful OnStar voice navigation service (a monthly fee).

I can keep going.

Plus it costs more than the Malibu, which is a lot better overall. The current Impala SS costs over $30K.