SEMA Preview: Chevrolet debuts quartet of custom Camaros

This is true for most old American cars versus the contemporary version.
Fixed :D

I'm just sad that automakers have to stick so much emissions and safety crap into low-volume cars. Camaros should be several hundred pounds lighter. At least it's got IRS and a fantastic V8.

Fixed :D

I'm just sad that automakers have to stick so much emissions and safety crap into low-volume cars. Camaros should be several hundred pounds lighter. At least it's got IRS and a fantastic V8.

It may be heavy but it more than likely won't feel it if it's anything similar to how the GTO and G8 felt.

^ It is a shame, really. The emissions nonsense strangle power from the engine and the added weight of the safety equipment spoils everything.
And it has to get better gas mileage too! :?

It may be heavy but it more than likely won't feel it if it's anything similar to how the GTO and G8 felt.
I'm sure it will handle amazingly well for something weighing nearly two-tons, just like GM's midsize sedans. But of course, it's much easier (and cheaper) to go fast and corner when you don't start with a heavy car. Plus all those airbags and emissions stuff just make it harder for us gearheads to play with cars.

On second thought, perhaps GM should have just saved the money and not gone to SEMA at all....

So who is taking bets on whether the black one (with the evil red rings in the light cluster) will be soon be appearing in the next Transformer movie as a Decepticon Spy? ...

It could be Hornet or Wasp...

Oh my god that black one just stole my soul..:w00t::wub::heart::burnrubber::drool: