United States presidential election, 2008 - election day poll

United States presidential election, 2008 - election day poll

• John McCain

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 95 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paul is an old racist. He was never going to win and is just like every other third party candidate out there. When was the last time a third party candidate won? The majority of the population is moderate and that is who the two main parties appeal to.
Paul is an old racist. He's a complete, total absolute nut. But I still stand by my choice of the only true conservative out of the Republican field. I refuse to toss away my vote and continue to enable two parties who fail us.

And could the media be any more reckless with these vote predictions? "With 0% of precincts reporting, and no votes tallied, we're gonna predict this state for Senator Obama!" Sigh. "With Senator Obama ahead by 30% and 1% of precincts reporting, we're gonna call it for Senator McCain!" What? Did we need to vote or are you happy with 1,000 person random dial polls?

He isn't a third party candidate, he is a Republican. And he isnt technically running. There are just people who wrote him in.

Ok, my point still stands. Paul is further to the right than the majority of the population. Because of that fact he would never win.

But I still stand by my choice of the only true conservative out of the Republican field.

Most Republicans are not "true" conservatives. They are "middle of the road" just like the candidates.

I voted for Bob Barr. My choice, my vote, my right. To people who think I "threw away my vote", you can go jump into a lake, you two party sheeple.

There were actually quite a few Libertarian candidates for local offices in my district this year, so it could potentially become a viable third party in the years to come.

All third parties do is take a few votes away from one side or the other. They do not win. And lets say that some third party does rise up, to become popular enough to win they would have to tone down their message to suit the feelings of most of the voters. What you may like about that third party would most likely be gone by the time it became truly popular.

There were actually quite a few Libertarian candidates for local offices in my district this year, so it could potentially become a viable third party in the years to come.

The Republicans and Democrats have become too similar (not just the presidential candidates but congress and the senate as well). I don't see the two parties being around in 20 years in their current state. Either a new party will jump up replacing one of the current ones, or one of the current parties will be transformed.

Does Wolf Blitzer have the best name on TV? I wonder if he'll ever go the Daily Show (after the amount of p1ss that John Stewart has taken out of him)?

Oh yeah, the election - lots of loser talk already coming from the Republican camp & they look pretty sad on Fox News.

Yeah it does seem its all over doesn't it ?

For anyone wondering why you can win the popular vote and still loose the election:

http://img511.imageshack.**/img511/1168/voteqm7.png

that's something werid indeed, so little difference in votes however the huge difference in electoral votes....
However, it seems like Europeans just might like Americans again! wuv you, jetsetter!

The differences are explained by the fact that almost all state are winner take all in consideration to electoral votes, and that is what counts in the presidential election. A state can vote 51% for one candidate and 49% for another but all of the electoral votes will be going to the guy with 51% percent of the vote.

We only directly elect senators and representatives.

I VOTE FOR THE STIG

no I voted for obama :(
I don't like obama but I would rather have my poodle run the country then chance mccain dying and palin getting in.
I was REALLY concidering mccain until he picked her. Good god why did he pick that loon? Way to make a bad decision before even getting in the door.

Now let's see if Barry is constitutionally eligible or not. I think it's entirely plausible that he's not.

What happens then? President Biden? Constitutional crisis? Dunno.

Last edited:
'BOUT.

FUCKING.

TIME.

CNN, ABC, FOX (Believe it or NOT!), and MSNBC are all declaring Obama as President elect.

I VOTE FOR THE STIG

no I voted for obama :(
I don't like obama but I would rather have my poodle run the country then chance mccain dying and palin getting in.
I was REALLY concidering mccain until he picked her. Good god why did he pick that loon? Way to make a bad decision before even getting in the door.

You could have voted for Bob Barr...

If he's any relation to the Barr company that makes Irn Bru, he gets...

...a vote...in spirit, I guess.

"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly..."

distant yell from the audience:
"F*** you!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I shouldn't laugh, but I'll be damned if I can't help it.

I'd rather have your poodle be president than either McCain or Obama.