The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

So I got a multimeter and checked the voltage on my battery - 7 volts. :?

Progressive Roadside Assistance stopped by for free with a battery jump-start kit, and it could barely keep the bike running, which verified it.

Luckily my battery (the bottom one) has a one-year warranty, so I'll be taking it back to the store tomorrow.

Ugh. :roll:

Hopefully the battery turns out to be the problem so it's a cheap and easy solution. Maybe you just got a bad battery because my $30 Meijer special has worked beautifully for two seasons now.

In other motorbike-related news: new avatar time for me! :D

I wish the world had more motocompos now. :(

If I got my hands on a Motocompo this is the first thing I would do with it:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6EKFDXZAE[/YOUTUBE]

I've done that on a 1982 Magna at In 'n' Out Burger.

So were you able to get your top derrad and some spice bean burger ten and some roddalloo, a dubl whoppa meal, big nose, nonnalese & noo noo's, and a ligh gogola?

If I got my hands on a Motocompo this is the first thing I would do with it:

We did that with a tractor.. With 10 drunk ppl on the trailer..

I've done that on a 1982 Magna at In 'n' Out Burger.
I did the same once or twice on my Yamaha ... with its worthless silencer. "Yeah ... YEAH ... %$#@ ... SPICY CHICKEN ... BAKED POTATO ... sonofabitch ... THANKS"

the ducati 09 collection for your viewing pleasure...

snip
I suddenly have the urge to own a Ducati ... and dance like an idiot :lol:.

Mmm... what, no bikes? :(

For some reason I've never had an desire to wear any automotive manufacturer's clothing.

Who said anything about auto manufacturer? All I saw was the double bounce.

mmm... sweet... double bounce...

the new 1198! :w00t:
big_ducati_1198_4.jpg

Why can't the Gixxer look like that? :cry:
Then you would have a great looking and a not stupidly expensive bike, that goes like hell.

Why can't the Gixxer look like that? :cry:
Then you would have a great looking and a not stupidly expensive bike, that goes like hell.

yeah, good question. I think the jap bikes have been quite disappointing when it comes to design the last few years.

Regarding the 1198, with 170hp and the same amount of kg's it should be able to give even the GSX-R a run for its money. Obviously the price is a bit higher...

yeah, good question. I think the jap bikes have been quite disappointing when it comes to design the last few years.

Regarding the 1198, with 170hp and the same amount of kg's it should be able to give even the GSX-R a run for its money. Obviously the price is a bit higher...

There should be an update for the Gixxer lurking in the woods aswell..
And I would NEVER buy a bike that sacrifices performance for style...

edit: I was correct there is a new Gixxer coming.. 191hp and 167kg..
2009_gsx-r1000_pr-09.jpg

Last edited:
That is an interesting topic:
I am a huge fan of sports bikes, but in recent years the design of said bikes is getting worse. It seems only the italians still know how to make a nice looking bike! Why is that? I buy motorcycle magazines and the only ones that really excite me are the nakeds and streetfighters.

There should be an update for the Gixxer lurking in the woods aswell..
And I would NEVER buy a bike that sacrifices performance for style...

The question is how big a difference does 20hp make in "real life", and since you have to live with the bike every day, wouldn't you like a bike that is pretty to look at too?

The new Gixxer looks odd, to say the least imo, and I loved the previous generations.

speaking of streetfighters, the new Ducati Streetfighter is one mean looking motherfucker!

1280x1024_01.jpg

1280x1024_02.jpg

155hp, not bad!

The question is how big a difference does 20hp make in "real life", and since you have to live with the bike every day, wouldn't you like a bike that is pretty to look at too?

The new Gixxer looks odd, to say the least imo, and I loved the previous generations.

In real life: Not a lot.. But the jap. bikes are faster even without the extra power. The previous gen. GSX-R750 was quite a bit faster than the Ducati 1098s.

As i said before: I wouldn't sacrifice performance over looks..
and then comes of course: Comfort, reliability and not least, the running cost of owning such a bike..

Last edited: