GM DEFAULTS ON DEBT

Thank you, GM. You've provided us with endless laughter recently due to your failures, now it's time for you to R.I.Pieces.

I hope they do fall apart.

Look at his avatar, he has a Camry. There are only three makes that can offer a real musclecar and that's what he likes. American cars may not be the cream of the crop, but God it's not like they're that bad either. It's not like he bought a Smart car.

One more for the road...they do however still have over a week to cope up with money, perhaps they will announce some sort of last minute deal or merge.

Nobody wants GM, they're just too broken.

The Chinese won't even buy them; they're waiting for the liquidation sale.

I am not sure if it knows what it's doing, but it's got a lot more of a clue than the other two, that's certain.

Well, seeing as Ford is starting to make cars people actually want and not taking government money, I'd say that they have at least 1 brain amongst all of them.

Well, seeing as Ford is starting to make cars people actually want and not taking government money, I'd say that they have at least 1 brain amongst all of them.

"Wisdom is not additive; its maximum is that of the wisest man in a given group." - Robert A. Heinlein, Glory Road, 1963.

"Wisdom is not additive; its maximum is that of the wisest man in a given group." - Robert A. Heinlein, Glory Road, 1963.

Yeah, all of Ford's good ideas are coming from Alan Mulally.

Anyways, bye bye GM (as we know it). :boohoo:

Ok, so with GM and Chrysler gone how many lost jobs are we talking here? There's management, assembly and other staff, dealerships, private service shops, customization shops, specialized repair and maintnance, so overall about 500.000? I assume that will lead to at least another 10.000 (probably close to 50.000) foreclosures, about a 250-500 bankrupt small businesses around factories and mo-towns, bouncing Advertising deals - therefore i deduce whenever it's officialy announced Wall-Street will have a hell of a day.

Last edited:
Dizzle you're rewarding failure. That's not good.

Would you leave your wife because a hotter woman with more money came along? Its not always about "What is the best i can get NOW", there is something called loyalty. While a car company is not the same as a spouse, i think a certain amount of brand loyalty can be a healthy thing. I dont think GM is cranking out 100% pure crap, they made the mistake of pandering to the pickup and SUV market and will pay the price.

Or to put it another way, my 12 year old 109Kmi toyota barely runs and is falling apart, my 131,000mi 15 year old (gm) car runs like a charm...

Soon you'll all be driving European cars! Mwhahahaahha.

:blink:

I already am.

List of European cars that offer better long-term value and reliability (which is what people worried about their finances go for) than Asian cars:

Hm. Seems to be a short list.

Those people are boring and those people already own boring Asian cars.
You own half a dozen jags so obviously you have better priorities :p

I hope they sell off the Corvette to Ford or something then. Depressing they take something awesome down with them....

Would you leave your wife because a hotter woman with more money came along? Its not always about "What is the best i can get NOW", there is something called loyalty. While a car company is not the same as a spouse, i think a certain amount of brand loyalty can be a healthy thing. I dont think GM is cranking out 100% pure crap, they made the mistake of pandering to the pickup and SUV market and will pay the price.

Or to put it another way, my 12 year old 109Kmi toyota barely runs and is falling apart, my 131,000mi 15 year old (gm) car runs like a charm...

So you're a fanboy! I can never undestand this brand loyalty bullshit. No matter how much I like cars from a certain make, if a better one comes along then that's the one I'll get.
Oh, and a Toyota with 109k miles that barely runs? Maybe you keep forgetting to change the oil or something. Sorry bud, but Toyota is waaaaaaaay more reliable than GM.

That said, I'll miss the Corvette. Hopefully an independent company will buy rights to it or something.

:blink:

I hope they sell off the Corvette to Ford or something then. Depressing they take something awesome down with them....

Skip the unnecessary step and sell Chevy performance straight to Jay Leno, i am pretty sure he is already a billionaire, or very close.

Last edited:
We get Audis made in Germany, and they're not much better built than the Mexican VWs. It's like VAG has never heard of hot weather testing or something; they overheat and die, the interiors fall apart, and the electronics go bonkers. :p

Or cold weather testing.. in the latest report from "svensk bilprovning" (the Swedish Motor Vehicle Inspection Company), Audi A3, A4 and A6 was at the bottom of the pile in terms of reliability.. I guess they have done a Mercedes...

Last edited:

Blind fanboy loyalty is what kept GM alive for the past 30 years selling unreliable, broken crap to suckers like you.

If there were more people like you in the world, maybe GM would still have a chance. Until then, however, it's time to see it like it is.

@ Blaro: You're not a sucker if you know exactly what you're doing and where your money goes :)

@ Level: I'm in more of a position than you (i assume) to make a Toyota to GM comparion, having owned both cars. I maintain my cars very well, right down to air filter replacements and never letting a squeak go uninspected. But its now at the point where its not worth putting money into anymore and im just letting it die.

Starter doesn't work well, when it does crank it takes a while, two door locks are broken, one window motor is breaking, the electrics in the dash are failing, the transmission slips bad, ect ect.

Like i said, the 131,000 mile chevrolet with ugly paint (for now) is chugging along like a charm, even the timing is perfect. It even beats the gas millage in the camry (which is worse even than my girlfriends V6 ford explorer).

EDIT: Oh yea, and its rusting... in florida... where it doesnt snow...

Last edited: