Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
From The Business Insider and the Wall Street Journal:

GM DEFAULTS (GM)
Joe Weisenthal|Apr. 22, 2009, 12:41 PM|

f

This was only a matter of time. Everyone from inside and outside GM assumed that the company would default on its debt and likely go bankrupt barring some miracle.

But now it's official. The company's CFO says the firm will not make its June 1, $1 billion debt payment reports WSJ.

The announcement comes as smaller rival Chrysler appears headed for liquidiation.

Didn't we just give these guys billions? And isn't Bailout Barry 'Bama going to give them $5B more? Where is all the money going????

Last edited:
God damnit. Can they just go into bankruptcy already?

It puts a smile on my face knowing Rob Gottafinger or whatever he's called, is somewhere, on a toilet, shitting a brick.

List of European cars that offer better long-term value and reliability (which is what people worried about their finances go for) than Asian cars:

Hm. Seems to be a short list.

Not likely. More likely to be Asian cars.

Pffffft. I'll be fixing my car with bailing twine and duct tape if I have to, I'm not driving any asian car.

List of European cars that offer better long-term value and reliability (which is what people worried about their finances go for) than Asian cars:

Hm. Seems to be a short list.
That's because your European cars are cobbled together by poor Mexicans. :p

That's because your European cars are cobbled together by poor Mexicans. :p

We get Audis made in Germany, and they're not much better built than the Mexican VWs. It's like VAG has never heard of hot weather testing or something; they overheat and die, the interiors fall apart, and the electronics go bonkers. :p

We get Audis made in Germany, and they're not much better built than the Mexican VWs. It's like VAG has never heard of hot weather testing or something; they overheat and die, the interiors fall apart, and the electronics go bonkers. :p

The Mk6 Golf is the #1 seller in a lot of European countries so calling it 'beaten' by dull Asia-boxes would be an overstatement.

The Mk6 Golf is the #1 seller in a lot of European countries so calling it 'beaten' by dull Asia-boxes would be an overstatement.

Over here, you see tons of old 80s Japanese stuff wandering around (away from the Rust Belt). You hardly ever see 80s VWs or Audis because they've all died.

I was pointing out that we will most likely be keeping 1 American automaker that actually knows what it's doing.

I am not sure if it knows what it's doing, but it's got a lot more of a clue than the other two, that's certain.

They will survive in one form or another and i will make sure to make my next car a GM one not from a private seller, so i know im giving them money.

I like the company so much i am willing to spend more money for less product, cant say the same for acura or audi :) (or ford)

They will survive in one form or another and i will make sure to make my next car a GM one not from a private seller, so i know im giving them money.

I like the company so much i am willing to spend more money for less product, cant say the same for acura or audi :) (or ford)

So, basically, what you're saying is that you're a GM zombie? :lol: And that you'll literally buy any car, no matter how crappy, that has a GM label on it?

Congratulations, people like you are why GM didn't fix itself decades ago. Enablers. Like you.

^:lol:
I wouldn't worry about only having Asian cars. Miata, Civic R type, and S2000 are enough. :p
But, I think Japan, Korea and Germany will have the US market. French cars were never popular in the states, and British and Italian cars were not reliable enough (or rustproofed enough). Korea is getting better in the luxury and shit-cheap hatchback markets, the new Accent hatch is supposedly a huge improvement over the sleep-inducingly dull earlier model and the Genesis is actually a decent cruiser. Japan has and will continue to have the family saloon/wagon, first car for student, and neon ricer markets. Germany will keep the luxury cruiser, upper-class saloon car, and funky hatch markets; they'll also probably keep the "supercar-that-won't-break-everytime-you-get-in" market with the 911. I would say that the Chelsea tractors and sports sedans are up for grabs, however. And Korea might start butting in substantially on the other's sales, as they are constantly improving and cheap (still soulless, however).

So, basically, what you're saying is that you're a GM zombie? :lol: And that you'll literally buy any car, no matter how crappy, that has a GM label on it?

Congratulations, people like you are why GM didn't fix itself decades ago. Enablers. Like you.

Yeah you're completely right.
Dizzle you're rewarding failure. That's not good.

Anyway, my next car (first car) will be preferably a Ford, or something European.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

:wall: