[13x07] August 2nd, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when can we expect Season 14 to go to air? The usual November/December presumably?

Probably. The Powers That Be will surely give a date when it's closer to time.

The weekly preview is up on TopGear.com:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/07/29/it?s-the-last-one/

300x143.jpg

Some of the segments we saw in the trailer in the first episode seemed to have gone AWOL this series. :|

Originally posted by some fuckwit called skinna on the TG Transmissions Blog
how come series are only 6/7 programs now why arnt they 10 programmes per series anymore and can we have more cars and less stars please kill that bit off wouldnt mind if decent ppl went on like roy chubby brown and peter kay and even lee evans but half of the stars are either unheard of washed up with nothing to do i mean who gives a damm about what cars jamie oliver has had and why he is trying to stop obeasity in schools just give us mroe power tests more cheap car challenges and MORE NEWS

Let's hope this one never finds its way here, but let us all ready our neg rep buttons just in case.

Let's hope this one never finds its way here, but let us all ready our neg rep buttons just in case.

I'm prepared. ;)

As for the segments which haven't been included in this series, they'll surely find their way into the first two-three episodes of the next one. Except for a tiny few, they all get aired at some point.

Yep, I noticed that one as well. I always wonder what happened to these people who all of a sudden forgot about the existence of interpunction. ;)

Yep, I noticed that one as well. I always wonder what happened to these people who all of a sudden forgot about the existence of interpunction. ;)

That's why such a person will never survive on a forum like this. Too many grammar/punctuation/ortography lions who would tear him/her to shreds from the very first post. :cool:

If the producers thought those cut segments were too bad to put in Series 13 where they should have been, they won't get any better when Series 14 comes, unless they completely re-filmed it to make it better which I doubt. It's probably best to leave them in the cutting room floor, or at the very most have them as extra's in the next DVD, instead of subjecting the TV viewers to something they know is rubbish.

If the producers thought those cut segments were too bad to put in Series 13 where they should have been, they won't get any better when Series 14 comes, unless they completely re-filmed it to make it better which I doubt. It's probably best to leave them in the cutting room floor, or at the very most have them as extra's in the next DVD, instead of subjecting the TV viewers to something they know is rubbish.

It's either this, or they couldn't squeeze them into this series due to lack of air time.

Once they get enough of those cut segments, they could put out a DVD titled "Top Gear: Ambitious but Rubbish Bits".

Once they get enough of those cut segments, they could put out a DVD titled "Top Gear: Ambitious but Rubbish Bits".

I think we need to start logging all these FG members' ideas to claim the royalties...;)

I'm guessing then that Black Stig won't be returning at all this series, since it's the last episode?

Why would he? The black stig has been fired for known reasons. The White Stig never broke that rule actually ("..if the stig or a member of the show reveals his identity...", and that didn't happen), so i guess(and hope!) he stays. In the season preview we have seen a sketch with him and the T-rex, and it turned out in the last episode that it was not that what it seemed to be.

Jay Leno as siarpc? Sweeeet!

After spending most of July in an airport, I was really looking forward to the airport machinery bit. Oh well, there's always the fall, eh?

The fall/winter season of top gear is like early Christmas, I swear.

Why would he? The black stig has been fired for known reasons. The White Stig never broke that rule actually ("..if the stig or a member of the show reveals his identity...", and that didn't happen), so i guess(and hope!) he stays. In the season preview we have seen a sketch with him and the T-rex, and it turned out in the last episode that it was not that what it seemed to be.

Jay Leno as siarpc? Sweeeet!

Only because of that YouTube video that emerged back in February. Which I'm now guessing is a very good fake, sadly.

The weekly preview is up on TopGear.com:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/07/29/it?s-the-last-one/

300x143.jpg

Some of the segments we saw in the trailer in the first episode seemed to have gone AWOL this series. :|

I was really looking forward to that Chevy vs. Audi thing.

The Toyota chair thing was clipped from the series it was aired as a preview for, and it turned out to be something interesting. I am (and I'm sure many others are) hoping to see the stuff they left out in the coming series.

I think we need to start logging all these FG members' ideas to claim the royalties...;)

:shock: I'm happy that they just use some of my ideas once in awhile. Though none have been used verbatim, a couple of things have been pretty close, usually combined with another FG members idea or ideas, which is pretty cool. That said, if Top Gear needs someone who sits around and thinks of stuff that they'd like to see on the show, I could use a job :thumbsup:

finally, jay leno, it was about time.

probably would be the best guest top gear ever had, ever

... in the world!? :D (oh btw, see that white fluffy guy to the left? he's called emil as well!)

i'm rather looking forward to that as well. rest of the episode doesn't sound too great i have to say though. I don't really fancy that VXR8 test, especially with hamster doing it (not meaning to upset anyone here) i think it'll be rather less interesting (for me that is).
doing some ads sounds a bit strange, but i truely think that could be brilliant. a bit of a spot for TG-madness there, i sincerely hope they don't ruin it.
also: last episode of the series, oh noes :cry: (<== I had to say that again... over and over... again... and again... oh yah)

Last edited:
jus a few things to get off my chest as this is the last ep of the series. It started off really great..but the last 2 or 3 episodes have left me disappointed a bit. what happened to the R8/ZR1 and why did they decide to leave out all the other stuff. and about the jay leno thing...wasnt it filmed like 3 weeks ago. so was it not taped on wednesday like all the other shows are? how did that work when they actually taped the show on wednesday..did they jus play the film or wat? if anyone can shed light on that..that wud be great.

and about the jay leno thing...wasnt it filmed like 3 weeks ago. so was it not taped on wednesday like all the other shows are? how did that work when they actually taped the show on wednesday..did they jus play the film or wat? if anyone can shed light on that..that wud be great.

Well, it's the same ast he show where Simon Cowell made his second appearance, i.e. they filmed the appearance at an earlier taping and then just play that bit in the other episode.

jus a few things to get off my chest as this is the last ep of the series. It started off really great..but the last 2 or 3 episodes have left me disappointed a bit. what happened to the R8/ZR1 and why did they decide to leave out all the other stuff. and about the jay leno thing...wasnt it filmed like 3 weeks ago. so was it not taped on wednesday like all the other shows are? how did that work when they actually taped the show on wednesday..did they jus play the film or wat? if anyone can shed light on that..that wud be great.

Well hopefully for your sake the R8/ZR1 will pop up in S14, as will t'other bits they ran out of room for. I'd rather like to see the R8 too yum. :)
It's the same as when Satan Cowell last appeared, Leno was only in the country the week of Goodwood & he's so busy that they had to take the opportunity to grab him whilst he was here. I'd rather see a lap by a very funny true petrolhead that's been pre-recorded than someone there "live" plugging a movie or whatever. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.