The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who drive enormous, look-how-tiny-my-dick-is trucks that don't fit in a parking space, and then park with the ass end of the truck sticking out in the middle of the way so everyone has to squeeze around it. If you really, really need a tailgate extender AND a winch on your fucking dually, you should leave it in the pasture where it belongs. If you bring that shit to the mall, expect to get keyed. :mad:

Well, you do live in Texas, so what can you expect? :D

And people who key cars are just as douchey! Someone keyed my minivan the very first day I got it. :(

Last edited:
people with dually's need shopping done to you know :p

*ducks*

Yes, and the only reason you would actually need a winch and a tailgate extender is if your dually is a work truck. And if it's a work truck, it should stay where the work is.

And yes, I live in Texas, and in the rural areas, where people actually do need big trucks with crap stuck to the front and back ends, they keep them in the pasture. Where they belong. If they need to go to the mall, they take their Civic or whatever.

It's only the look-how-tiny-my-dick-is my-truck-is-barely-street-legal asshats who take their enormous trucks to grocery stores and the like. (And yes, personal experience tells me the bigger your truck is, the smaller your penis.)

And yes, I live in Texas, and in the rural areas, where people actually do need big trucks with crap stuck to the front and back ends, they keep them in the pasture. Where they belong. If they need to go to the mall, they take their Civic or whatever.

Cowboys drive Civics these days? What is this world coming to? :cry:

People who drive enormous, look-how-tiny-my-dick-is trucks that don't fit in a parking space, and then park with the ass end of the truck sticking out in the middle of the way so everyone has to squeeze around it. If you really, really need a tailgate extender AND a winch on your fucking dually, you should leave it in the pasture where it belongs. If you bring that shit to the mall, expect to get keyed. :mad:

Small sidenote: sometimes it's just not feasible for country folk to afford something in addition to the big work trucks. One of my best friends evar ended up bringing a F350 to Baylor 'cause it was paid for, haha.

I do wish they'd park further out towards the edge of the mall parking lot so the rest of us can get through, though.

The "I-have-a-cattle-guard-just-for-show" set, however, should be deported to Antarctica with the chavs as mentioned in one of the TG forum threads. Chavs vs. rednecks: epic battle to the death.

Last edited:
ninjacoco, living in Texas, I'm sure you've seen some of those stupid-enormous trucks, right? There used to be this one that lived near me with a lift kit that was so high its undercarriage was more than a foot above the roof of most cars. All I could think whenever I saw it was what an unlikable man the owner must be. And how tiny his dick must be. Microscopic, probably.

And I know not everybody can afford a second car for trips "into town" but the guys I know with work-necessary stuff on their truck either take it off for those trips or, like you said, park nowhere near anyone else.

Oh, also, as I used to work in fast food: if your enormous truck is a diesel and you're in the drive through, turn off your engine or you'll deafen the poor teenager trying to take your order!

As a pickup truck driver, nothing annoys me more than short parking spots. :p

Onions. Fucking onions. I like the taste - especially as a garnish on a lovely juicy steak that I had on Sunday whilst out in the bush having a good old-fashioned Aussie BBQ. But chopping the buggers up. God damn it. Not even the old trick of trying to slice them up in a bowl of water seems to work for me. Ow my eyes! :cry:

Sounds like you need Onion Goggles.
471914e.jpg

Yes, and the only reason you would actually need a winch and a tailgate extender is if your dually is a work truck. And if it's a work truck, it should stay where the work is.

It's only the look-how-tiny-my-dick-is my-truck-is-barely-street-legal asshats who take their enormous trucks to grocery stores and the like. (And yes, personal experience tells me the bigger your truck is, the smaller your penis.)

I can add something here- it isn't even the people with actual work trucks that bother me. Or even non-work trucks, provided they aren't the size of another planet. What irritates me is the veteran members of the tiny-cock club who feel the need to raise the ride height of their truck 10 inches/put a fake toolkit and spare fuel tank in the back/put a bunch of work and offroading crap on it when you can see the damn thing's never even seen dirt, and brag about every feature, even the ones not particularly good for trucks (ie, 3-speed auto. Yep, overheard a conversation where someone bragged about a 3-speed automatic. :lol:).

Oh, and the ones who almost kill you and then use "oh, I didn't see you" as an excuse. Oh really? Didn't see me? Hmmm I wonder why when your wheels are three feet from the cab.

I can add something here- it isn't even the people with actual work trucks that bother me. Or even non-work trucks, provided they aren't the size of another planet. What irritates me is the veteran members of the tiny-cock club who feel the need to raise the ride height of their truck 10 inches/put a fake toolkit and spare fuel tank in the back/put a bunch of work and offroading crap on it when you can see the damn thing's never even seen dirt, and brag about every feature, even the ones not particularly good for trucks (ie, 3-speed auto. Yep, overheard a conversation where someone bragged about a 3-speed automatic. :lol:).

Oh, and the ones who almost kill you and then use "oh, I didn't see you" as an excuse. Oh really? Didn't see me? Hmmm I wonder why when your wheels are three feet from the cab.

^ T H I S !

Seriously, this rant needs to be printed out and handed out at Welcome Week at my university. If you're a useless mama's boy from the 'burbs, I (and many other not-a-dudes) will actually lose respect for you and make mean guesses as to the tiny size of your wiener if you show up here and clog the parking garage with a big truck that you don't need that you can't even figure out how to drive.

So irritating. One of the many reasons I'd like to move back out of Texas for a while.

Seriously, this rant needs to be printed out and handed out at Welcome Week at my university. If you're a useless mama's boy from the 'burbs, I (and many other not-a-dudes) will actually lose respect for you and make mean guesses as to the tiny size of your wiener if you show up here and clog the parking garage with a big truck that you don't need that you can't even figure out how to drive.

We had a bit of a lame truck culture starting to grow last year. I broke them of their habits of being annoying and loud in the parking lot by driving one of my company trucks every day for a week and parking it as close to them as I could manage. At one point I decided to get real mean and wedged the alpha-douche's F-350 between two of my semi cabs... About 2 inches from both sides of his truck. I'm honestly not sure how in the hell he got it out of there, since none of his four doors should have been openable.

*sniff* I'm going to miss those things when they go off-lease. Damned economy ruining my fun.

people who cut in from secondary streets and almost crash into you, and you can perfectly see they are lloking everywhere but where you are coming from.

three in a row only this morning. Probably my car is developing invisibility.

How come, when it's a school holiday (like it is now, over here), that it takes me LONGER to get to the highway on ramp than normal?

Usually it's 3 kms of just bumper to bumper traffic, all the way on the highway, and pretty much until I leave the highway. Those first 3 kms are the longest of all,since they take up to 15 minutes.

today was the killer, 20 minutes, yet when I get to the highway, there's nobody there, meaning I was at work in 30 minutes. wat

also, coming into work waaaay to early, that kinda sucks. It's cold, nobody to talk to, lights are still off, you're the first one getting coffee so the machine has to warm up, which takes ages, ... etc

Movies made with handheld cameras annoy me big time.

It really has become a plague, that cinematographers aren't able to hold their cameras still anymore. I would even go as far as calling it incompetent filmmaking.

For example I just watched "Star Trek" on BluRay, the 2009 movie, which obviously is meant to be the "reboot" of the Star Trek franchise. After all the positive reviews I expected an entertaining movie but have been asking myself, if I saw a serious effort or some kind of spoof.

In parts it feels and looks like someone gave Ed Wood a budget of 150 million dollars to make a sci-fi movie:

Camera shaking all the time, story (if you can call it a story) is much too quickly and superficially told, interior sets that too obviously are hardly concealed factory floors and warehouses (which looked really, really cheap and out of place for a space ship of the Star Trek universe and would have better fit into a 1970's Buck Rogers movie instead), plot holes as big as that crater in Arizona, 1950's sci-fi sound effects and a complete disregard of the already established Star Trek universe (I'm not a trekkie, mind you).

Yes, this movie really annoyed me both as someone who always fancied Star Trek and as a movie buff. But I'm sure it suits the new generation, which thinks that the plot of video games is complex and sorta demanding.

Last edited:
^ I'm partly with you on that one. Films are pretty bad on average nowadays. I saw Empire Of The Sun a couple of weeks ago - still brought a tear to my eye (I'm a big pussy, see :p) - absolutely brilliant film that.

As for the camera shake, I do find it partly annoying, but it can be used brilliantly - like in Cloverfield (another excellent film IMO).

Its a shame that modern cinema is full of crap from Hollywood etc. If I know who the director/producer/main actors are, then it is almost guaranteed to be a bad film.

Cloverfield is a bit different, since the whole idea is that the main characters were indeed just carrying around a camera...

There have always been bad films, there will always be bad films. I think for as much crap there is out there, we have more great films today then we've ever had in the history of cinema. As for the camera shaking effect, it can be used brilliantly and it can be way overdone. Depends on the director.