Random Thoughts....

See, it's not too bad. :) My classmates were all supportive too, and hey, I got extra lap time with more supervision. G'luck tomorrow!

Yeah, i had to get pulled up a few times by the instructor. The other learners were giving me pointers too! :lol:

Same here, but oh well.

Yes I do, and I'm going to go practice on it soon (namely the looking ahead and right hand turn balance). And the scooter's wheels weren't tiny, but they weren't as big as the ones I on the scooter I will be riding.

Oh well, thankyou all! Will have to see what happens with it tomorrow, daresay I will get a lot of practice. They really don't want to fail you unless they absolutely must, so hopefully I will do better tomorrow. :)

Hmmm.... what exactly were they saying about looking ahead and your right turn balance?

^^ That I'm not looking far enough ahead and that I'm very rigid on the scooter and trying to push the handlebars too much to make them turn. I'm also not keeping my knees close together which is affecting my balance. I think right turns are worse for me because to turn my head that far and look ahead (especially when doing tight u-turn style turns like we were) hurts.

Have to wait for dad to get home so i can take the bike out, but between this and getting my HSC results tomorrow, I doubt I will get much sleep tonight :S

Last edited:
^^ That I'm not looking far enough ahead and that I'm very rigid on the scooter and trying to push the handlebars too much to make them turn. I'm also not keeping my knees clos together which is affecting my balance. I think right turns are worse for me because to turn my head that far and look ahead (especially when doing tight u-turn style turns like we were) hurts.

Have to wait for dad to get home so i can take the bike out, but between this and getting my HSC results tomorrow, I doubt I will get much sleep tonight :S

Hm. I wonder if I should scan and post the appropriate part of the MSF manual...

I need a job.

I'm sick of (on holidays) just sitting around home, drinking beer.

I'm jealous :(

I actually like working though, just been flat out at the moment.

Head down near WWU.

Oh and I love this state too, I just hate its government (and yes I am a government employee).

I go to WWU every Friday and Saturday.

^^ That I'm not looking far enough ahead and that I'm very rigid on the scooter and trying to push the handlebars too much to make them turn. I'm also not keeping my knees close together which is affecting my balance. I think right turns are worse for me because to turn my head that far and look ahead (especially when doing tight u-turn style turns like we were) hurts.

Do you have the option of trying an actual small displacement motorcycle instead, or are you stuck with a no-clutch scooter?

Also http://www.msf-usa.org/CurriculumMaterials/BRC_Handbook_Vs71_noprint.pdf

If you must ride a scooter: http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Scooter_tips-screen.pdf

Last edited:
My fellow students can be stupidly funny, for example playing hacky sack with a hack full of pennies. Then they complain when a teach confiscates it, WTF were you expecting?

What are you doing in sadbox? You need some cozy box. *puts you in cozy box full of puffalumps and tucks you in*
there now feel better.
:wub: Cozybox ftw!

Last edited:
Almost -20?C here. Now we've seen it can get cold again, can we please have -1 to -2 and slush again?

I think I would pull some Super Troopers-type stuff if I had to deal with being a cop.

"Meow..."

Do you have the option of trying an actual small displacement motorcycle instead, or are you stuck with a no-clutch scooter?

Also http://www.msf-usa.org/CurriculumMaterials/BRC_Handbook_Vs71_noprint.pdf

If you must ride a scooter: http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Scooter_tips-screen.pdf

Excellent, thankyou!

If I had have ridden a geared bike, it would have been a cruiser styled 125cc thing. Actually did nearly end up riding it, they got overbooked for scooters :?

But yeah, can't swap for the second day sadly, and I wouldn't be inclined to anyways. I think I will probably go better tomorrow when I am more rested and aware of what I am doing wrong and how to correct it. Tried the pbicycle earlier, didn't help much but gave me a bit of perspective. And a good workout. I need to improve my fitness.

But yes, thankyou again everybody, just have to remember to not look at the ground or the damn fence :lol: Kinda hard to when you're told to look at the cones as a fixture point and they are on the ground!