Random Thoughts....

When did TLC turn into the little people and children channel? It's really creeping me out. The latest additions? "Dwarf Adoption Story" and "The Little Chocolatiers." This on a channel already packed out with:
Table for 12 - assisted reproduction gone wild
19 Kids and Counting - natural reproduction gone wild
Jon and Kate plus 8 - psycho bitch reproduces, thankfully canceled
The Little Couple - ohhhh, married dwarfs
Little People Big World - dwarfs on a farm

Really? Are people this fascinated with dwarfism and reproduction? Is this "learning?" Am I missing a point somewhere?

Yeah, it bugs me a lot too.
Discovery Channel is another channel that has gone downhill. Now it?s just climate change, the apocalypse, killer bacteria...<_<

And that is why I stopped watching television entirely seven years ago.

I did not sleep last night at all as I was scared shitless about the upcoming interview in 3 hours time......

I just kept constantly thinking about the type of questions I might get asked, how I might screw up, etc. The fact that I don't know my way around HK that well means I'm leaving like 2 hours earlier than the interview time.

I've done plenty of interviews before, and as this is only for a student placement it shouldn't be uber-serious. However, the fact that my whole fucken extended family here in HK has pinned their hopes on me succedding is adding to the stress levels atm.

Last edited:
And that is why I stopped watching television entirely seven years ago.

I figured it would be hard not to watch TV for a extended period of time. Surprisingly, it's pretty simple. I'd estimate I've watched about 4 hours of TV tops this semester.:D

Nsx_23: Just relax, take the time to think about each question before answering.

Good luck with it.

Thanks. And yes, I'm trying to relax as much as possible.

Going to get there early, have a walk around and just relax before walking in. I don't have anything to bring in with me though, so its a bit weird walking in bare handed.

You didn't bring copies of your resume and references? I'd at least pick up a notebook or folder or something to hold and pretend to take notes on.

Nah, I have printed off copies (Not too sure whether its one or multiple people interviewing me today) of my Resume and one of my reference letters.

Might just take my laptop and its case in with me. Its a neat looking sleeve, and I can put all my paperwork in there without it creasing.

Good luck nsx!

Last edited:
Thanks. And yes, I'm trying to relax as much as possible.

Going to get there early, have a walk around and just relax before walking in. I don't have anything to bring in with me though, so its a bit weird walking in bare handed.

If you get too nervous, try to think in something that makes you laugh :)
It always help

When I took my first test at college, I got so nervous that the color of my hair changed :|

More Badger State wackjobs:

A drunken Santa scares some kids

Speaking of drunks, a state assemblyman facing DUI charges votes on....a drunken driving bill.

My personal favorite:

WEAU said:
Police officers arrested a naked woman who was found screaming armed with a sword-like knife.

It happened Sunday morning on West Johnson Street in River Falls.

The police chief there says officers who were called to the domestic dispute ordered her to drop the knife and took her into custody. She was taken to a hospital.

Police have not identified the 30 year old woman.

Finally, sometime this summer I posted a link to a story of some women accused of gluing a man's dick to his stomach. The women had their day in court and pleaded no contest.

nsx--Don't worry too much about the interview. They're just people just like everybody else. Go in, shoot the crap with them, and relax.

Do we need to put you in a bubble? :p
Only if by "bubble," you mean "Porsche." 911s are kinda roundy and almost bubble-shaped...I'd gladly be quarantined in that. :D

More Badger State wackjobs:

A drunken Santa scares some kids

Speaking of drunks, a state assemblyman facing DUI charges votes on....a drunken driving bill.

What would Wisconsin be without our* proud tradition of drinking. Probably Vermont. :| And before anyone will respond that their state is full of heavy drinkers, I will bet cash money that their state will not come anywhere close to Wisconsin.

I remember then Governor Tommy Thompson being shitfaced at a Packers game. "Thish iss da grrreassth team...INH DA WORLDH!!"

*yeah, I may live in Ill-ah-noy but my heart and soul will remain in the beer soaked drumlins and coulees of Wisconsin.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure that Quiky is a greyhound.

:lol: Priceless.