Random Thoughts....

Had a nice chat with a young lady on the train today - and didn't think of giving her my phone number until it was too late. Damn, I don't even know her name.

If it was a commuter train, chances are you'll see her again next week on the same train.

@ Dr_Grip: No, it wasn't. She was returning from a semester in England and I was returning from a short holiday there. We did part ways at Cologne.

@ PaperBiro: If there's no commercial motive, then simply because they can. Plus it's fun to break havoc.

Got out of bed late, again. It's not that I didn't hear my alarm go off this morning, I just didn't bother getting up. Not like I have anything better to do :/

Something I don't get: why people program computer viruses. I get that there's sometimes commercial motives, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. Why would you cause anguish to other people with no obvious personal gain?

For some people causing anguish to other people IS personal gain.

Who the hell is Justin Bieber?
Should I find out?

EDIT:
Meh.

Last edited:
"Thunderstruck" can make just about anything epic.

Try it out for yourself...

@ Dr_Grip: No, it wasn't. She was returning from a semester in England and I was returning from a short holiday there. We did part ways at Cologne.
Facebook? StudiVZ? Something like this? What is she studying? Is she the new co-worker of my girlfriend (who just returned from england)?

I am le tired.

I believe I'll have a nap, then FIRE ZE MISSILES!

Something I don't get: why people program computer viruses. I get that there's sometimes commercial motives, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. Why would you cause anguish to other people with no obvious personal gain?

You aren't new to the internet, are you? :p I will say that the amount of social misfits has been watered down in the ten years I have been using the web. There were some REAL weirdos then, probably more so five years before that.

Last edited:
You aren't new to the internet, are you? :p I will say that the amount of social misfits has been watered down in the ten years I have been using the web. There were some REAL weirdos then, probably more so five years before that.

I think it's because the internet has become more widely used by everybody, not just social misfits. Now all the social misfits are confined to 4chan and obscure internet chat rooms where everyone else dares not go.

Who the hell is Justin Bieber?
Should I find out?

He sings like a girl and probably is a girl. That's all you need to know.

Cute girl wearing a Muse shirt at school, I will find you!

:ninja:

I miss having girls at school. Damn conservative private schools...

Last edited:
Something I don't get: why are people assholes. I get that there's sometimes commercial motives, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. Why would you cause anguish to other people with no obvious personal gain?

Fixed.

Facebook? StudiVZ?
Of course I already thought about that. I'll probably try to find her tomorrow. Finding out if I'm able to find a person in a social network based only on university, general field of study, gender and (non-searchable) photo, and if yes, how much effort it takes, is in itself an interesting question... :p (privacy in connection with computer systems is, after all, my professional field of interest)
And of course that makes me a creepy internet stalker. :D

Well, sometimes you have a seizure and die instead, but that's an extreme case. :p

Side note is caffeine often doesn't have a stimulatory affect in people with ADHD.

I can vouch for this.

Because some people are dicks?

Of course I already thought about that. I'll probably try to find her tomorrow. Finding out if I'm able to find a person in a social network based only on university, general field of study, gender and (non-searchable) photo, and if yes, how much effort it takes, is in itself an interesting question... :p (privacy in connection with computer systems is, after all, my professional field of interest)
And of course that makes me a creepy internet stalker. :D

In W?rzburg (where i used to study) there were around 400 philosophy students, around fifty percent females. Easy-peasy, 200 matches are searched in half an hour.
Here in Berlin, we got some four thousand philosophy students, more than half of them female. That's a bit more effort ;)
So the possibility depends on university and field of interest...

A: Challenge (exploiting their weaknesses nobody thought of)
B: Fun (want see what happened)
C: Personal gain (raid your account)

A few days ago the head coach of a pee wee T Ball league, who is a friend of my wife, asked if I could take action photos of the kids playing; you know something other than the standard group shot. I feel that I need to practice more on photographing humans and less on inanimate flowers, so naturally I said yes. Plus, I can burn the photos on to a DVD, give it to the head coach and he can print out neat action shots for the parents. Then someone (a lawyer) reminded me that I should seek permission from parents before I start taking pictures.
I guess I didn't have in my mind, when I agreed, that perverts go around taking pictures of 5 and 6 year olds.

Fuck, I hate that small percentage of sickos that ruin it for everyone. :mad:

How well do you know the parents? You could talk to them about taking pictures of their kids, have them sign a form if necessary, and send them a copy of the photos afterwards. Maybe have the coach introduce you to them first to break the ice a little.

Since the Coach asked it should be all right. And he should let the parents know too.

Yawn. So tiiiiired. I spent much of last night helping my mum rearrange the furniture at my grandmother's place, so that things are safer. She had pot plant stands and a table in places where we were worried she might trip over them or something. Also, her TV was positioned badly, so now she can sit without having to twist to see the screen, which was probably not helping her chronic back pain.
:

Grandma had Pot plants? That should help you not care about your back pain. :p

During the dinner, I finally realised I no longer enjoy their company, and I can't be bothered with them anymore. They'll still be at events organised by mutual friends, but I no longer wish to include them in my main circle of friends.

Unfortunantly for me, I'm the kind of person who wants to make sure everyone else is ok, and having a good time. Not just going out or whatever, but all the time. So I put everyone elses feeling and needs before my own, and it makes me miserable. I miss out so that it doesn't rock the boat, so to speak.

I want to move to Melbourne to be closer to my ex, because he's still my best friend and I miss his company. Both my closest friends are there.
But that would make my Dad miserable. I'm his best friend, so I put him ahead of myself and I stay here. Because it makes him happy.

You need to find a happy medium and make yourself at least a bit happy. And soonly.

I just had this nutty idea to visit sites of urban (or other) decay: The Salton Sea, Chernobyl, Detroit, assorted abandoned military posts, vacant towns, etc.

Add Flint Michigan to that list. While not as big as Detroit, it is in worse shape after GM basicly left town.

I have a useful bit of advice for overly mushy, touchy-feely couples who go out to eat...

When the entire restaurant is pretty much empty, it's best NOT to sit next to the grouchy person hiding behind a laptop in the corner.

Just sayin'. I am here to mooch internets, write some crap, and mope, and I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR CHEESY CUDDLES GIGGLING POLLUTING MY PERSONAL SPACE WITH SAPPINESS.

IN IRRITATED CAPS LOCK FOR EXTRA EMPHASIS.

Can't you change tables?

I have tried talking about it, but his response is that it's too far away, and he hates Victoria anyway. Or then he starts on about how Jake is my EX, and I should just find someone here to hang out with.
He's had a friend point out that he's using emotional blackmail to keep me here, and acknowledged it as true. But he says he's doing it in my best interests.

They even highlighted that if I went and didn't like it, or it didn't work out the way I wanted, that I will always have a place here, and can always come back.

But Dad's answer is always the same. No.

I just want to start fresh somewhere else. Somewhere I can be ME and that won't piss anyone off - or if it does, I won't have to feel bad about it because they won't be people I've known for years, or my family.

It's also a great excuse to get rid of the twins from my life, without having to explain why exactly, because the last time I tried that, they turned it all back on me saying I'm the bitch, I'm the self centred one, and therefore clearly jealous of them.
Or that it must be the medication I'm on for a hormone disorder that makes me such a bitch.

In other news however... my computer monitor is about to die. It's an Acer LCD, only had it about 3 years, but yesterday and today when I turned it on, the power light just flashed, and the screen did nothing. So now I can't turn it off.
My computer is just about buggered anyway, so it looks like time to upgrade the whole lot. It's just going to be a pain to transfer everything over to the new one.

I'm looking at a Dell Inspiron, though it must be a discontinued model, because there's only a few left in the stores I was looking at online. The closest store that has one is half an hour away. Hopefully it'll be there when I have a chance to go look.
Maybe tomorrow if I get up early.

Get out now!

Douchebags don't need a reason to be a douchebag, they are naturally Douchebags(although Douchewaffle will work too)

For some people causing anguish to other people IS personal gain.

See above^