Random Thoughts....

Wow I actually had TWO coherent conversations on Omegle with rational, truly funny people who weren't looking for sex! Amazing.

Seriously, I wish I was where my last stranger was at, we'd be kickass friends I bet. :)

I have a short paper due at 9 a.m.

I should probably start on that...

I have quite a long paper (12-15 pages) due at 8:30am.

Getting started on it.... now.

Mmm, chai tea and iced molasses cookies...yummy. :D

Finished my 3,890-mile roadtrip roughly an hour and a half ago.

I thought you said in an hour and a half.... that would have been seriously impressive. :unsure:

Does anyone know where I can get some sort of glow in the dark or UV-reactive liquid for a good price, preferably small amounts in multiple colors. I'm making tiny glass vial necklaces and filling some of them with glowing liquid to make them look funky but I can't seem to find the stuff to where I can get an assortment of colors in one go rather than having to buy large quantities of the different colors separately. If that made no sense at all I apologize, I'm quite tired. :lol:

Wish my mum would let me teach her how to use the microwave, she keeps exploding food and I get the joy of cleaning up.

Wish my mum would let me teach her how to use the microwave, she keeps exploding food and I get the joy of cleaning up.

On the subject of technologically inept parents, it never ceases to amaze me how my mum can use a computer proficiently and use a smartphone among other things without any issues, yet be completely stumped by the DVD player. My 85 year old grandmother can use a DVD player, yet she still doesn't have an electric kettle.

And its the same problem, she won't let me teach her how to do it.

[/post having-to-put-on-a-DVD-for-my-parents-myself-for-the-5th-time-in-the-past-week rant]

Last edited:

On the subject of technologically inept parents, it never ceases to amaze me how my mum can use a computer proficiently and use a smartphone among other things without any issues, yet be completely stumped by the DVD player. My 85 year old grandmother can use a DVD player, yet she still doesn't have an electric kettle.

And its the same problem, she won't let me teach her how to do it.

[/post having-to-put-on-a-DVD-for-my-parents-myself-for-the-5th-time-in-the-past-week rant]

I usually just let them call me till they get bored of calling me. They then press all buttons until it works, thus letting me play games without interruption. It also helps that I'll be leaving home within the next year orso (Uni) and won't be available as a result :D

I haven't seen this anywhere else, and i know i thought of it myself, so if you havent seen this before, listen well

TWELVE - TWO + ONE

= ELVE -0 + NE (cancelling out common letters, standard BODMAS procedure of negative before positive.)

= ELEVEN (rearranging)

mind = blown :O

/this has probably been figured out before, since i thought of it years ago and im sure someone put twelve and two together :p

Last edited:
^ I get that as = (ELVETW+ONE)/TWO.

TWELVE - TWO + ONE = ELEVEN is the equation to prove.

Dividing it by TW and O to get rid of the common factors as you have suggested gives you ELVE/O + NE/TW. The letters are multiplied together, with the words added. If they were T+W+E+L+V+E (and so on) then your method would work.

Cross multiplying gives you the above answer. So as far as I'm aware, no that is not possible.

Last edited:
You take the fun out of everything...

I have no idea what just happened there. ^^

But I'm bored and my hand hurts. :( Back to the doctor tomorrow.

Does anyone know where I can get some sort of glow in the dark or UV-reactive liquid for a good price, preferably small amounts in multiple colors. I'm making tiny glass vial necklaces and filling some of them with glowing liquid to make them look funky but I can't seem to find the stuff to where I can get an assortment of colors in one go rather than having to buy large quantities of the different colors separately. If that made no sense at all I apologize, I'm quite tired. :lol:

I don't know of any glow in the dark liquid you can buy. I don't think the compounds are that stable. At least, we never worked with them when I was working with this stuff. Luminol is the only liquid I'm familiar with and it requires mixing 2 different chemicals to glow and it only lasts a few minutes. You can get powdered zinc sulfide from scientific supply houses, but it isn't soluable in water. I'm not sure if you can get it in colors.

If you just want something that glows under UV you'd be surprised what will work. Tonic water, gatorade, some of those energy drinks, urine. Maybe you don't want to use urine then. :p