The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

I'm the opposite, a childhood of drinking diet pop and I really don't ever feel like drinking it ever again. To me it tastes like over-carbonated, dilluted pop.

Well, I do have to convince myself that diet pop is better than the regular sugared drinks as I can not drink those (I'm diabetic)

I just hate them all.

I do know quite a few people who consumed "diet" drinks for a long-enough time that now regular drinks taste far too sweet, and they prefer the low sugar/sugar free versions...but they didn't at first.

Diet coke tastes like overly strong toothpaste (or just any different toothpaste for the couple days after switching brands before you're used to the taste... if anyone knows what I mean) :yucky:

Why don't you just drink Coke Zero instead of Diet ToothpaCoke? It doesn't have sugar/HFCS, it's sweetened (in USA/Canada) with aspartame, acesulfame potassium, potassium benzoate, and potassium citrate. Mmm, listing that out sounds so delicious... anyways, the main thing is aspartame, same as diet coke but formulated to taste like coke and not dog ass.

Diet coke tastes like overly strong toothpaste (or just any different toothpaste for the couple days after switching brands before you're used to the taste... if anyone knows what I mean) :yucky:

Why don't you just drink Coke Zero instead of Diet ToothpaCoke? It doesn't have sugar/HFCS, it's sweetened (in USA/Canada) with aspartame, acesulfame potassium, potassium benzoate, and potassium citrate. Mmm, listing that out sounds so delicious... anyways, the main thing is aspartame, same as diet coke but formulated to taste like coke and not dog ass.

Thats because, the only place which has coke zero in fountain form is Carl's jr. and I HATE that place....much prefer Micky D (Veggie/Grilled chicken burger) and chipotle. If I get soda from a grocery store, I try to remember coke zero but now diet coke has become a muscle memory, I automatically reach for it on the shelf.

After 12 years Mountain Dew is back with this UK only drink...
mountainDewEnergy.JPG

Wasn't worth it, tastes like poor lemonade

Mountain Dew Energy (2010) - UK exclusive. It mostly tastes the same as its American counterpart, but has higher contents of caffeine and real sugar. Not the same as Dew Fuel

so dunno

Mountain Dew Energy is like American mountain dew, but in the UK and Canada and probably other countries the only soft drinks allowed to be caffeinated are brown "cola-type" pops (ie. cola and root beer) so they slap energy on the end and it's classified as an energy drink and is allowed to have caffeine in it. Mountain Dew Energy was only available in canada for a little while and then they killed it and went back to lame (but tasty) no caffeine mountain dew. :(

edit: at least I'm pretty sure that the UK is the same as Canada in regards to caffeine in soft drinks, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
And an energy drink and not soda/pop/sodapop. :|