Podcasts

B

Backdraft

Surprisingly, I'm just about run through all my (subscribed) podcasts, even though I have like 10+ subscriptions, it's great (and addictive) to listen to for exercise or driving, or any long-term activity where you don't want your own thoughts intruding.

Here's some ones I like:

Autoblog - pretty informal and light-bantered, but interesting none the less. Don't expect any deep analysis or explanations.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - basically the history teacher you always wanted/never had. This guy takes an unconventional approach to history and really digs deep into some of the best topics from history.

Fora.tv - a compendium of lectures and talks from universities, conferences, etc. Basically anything that tickles your intellectual bone.

Kotaku Talk Live - weekly gaming podcast. Get caught up on news and stuff, altho occasionally dwelves into inane subjects (like really old games nobody remembers).

PCGamer - very good podcast from the writers at PCGamer. Usually stays on topic and doesn't go off in wild, immature tangents.

Pritzker Military Library - podcasts pulled from events at the Pritzker Military Library in Chicago. If you're as much of a military geek as me, you'll love it, especially their humbling Medal of Honor series.

So, what podcasts, if any, do you listen/recommend?

Adam Carolla Podcast

SportsCast w/Spider and the Henchman

Carcast

Dan Patrick Show

Petros and Money

This American Life

Doug Loves Movies

Film Vault

Fitzdog Radio

SMODcast

The Nerdist

B.S. Report with Bill Simmons

So mostly Comedy and Sports podcasts, great listening in the car.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, it can be a bit hard to keep track but here goes:

Autoblog

Engadget

Engadget Mobile

Android Central

Dialed In

Buzz Out Loud

The 404

TWiT - This Week In Tech

Windows Weekly

MacBreak Weekly

GDGT Podcast

Crackberry Podcast - I only listen to this one because of the PlayBook

WM Experts Podcast

Autoblog is really good, also, stuff you should know.

I mostly listen to gaming podcats, Drunken Gamers Radio, Gamers With Jobs, GameSpy Debriefings, PC Gamer Podcast (USA & UK version), Oddcast, A Life Well Wasted, Out of the game & Irrational Behavior + Interviews. Ive tried giantbomb, eurogamers podcast, rebel fm and other in the past but somehow didnt stick with them.
outside of gaming, This American Life and sometimes Smodcast.

backdraft, i wouldnt call pcgamers podcast good, personally I only listen to them for the pc news. they are usualy overcrowded with 5+ speakears and done on skype which makes conversation a bit stale and not as natural if it would be done in the same room. they did improve though, the older generaition of editors were crap, but the new guys with Andy, Evan, Josh, and now Chris are doing well. They just need to kick Dan out :p as an alternative i would suggest Games with jobs :)