NCIS/NCIS Los Angeles

According to the writers of "Short Fuse"

Mark Harmon ad-libbed the headslap to the cutout during rehearsals. The cast and crew loved it, and so it became part of the script.

Other thoughts:

I was thrown off a bit by what was going on with the woman until the end. Other than that, it was awesome seeing Fornell again. The Tony-is-a-cover-model subplot was OK. Nice nod to Monsters Inc.'s Mike Wazowski at the end when Tony found his shoulder.

A lot of fans are noting that Abby's behavior has been a bit hinky of late. I haven't noticed, although chances are I'll end up watching all three shows from this season to see for myself. I did laugh when she told Jimmy to go back to the duck pond.

NEXT WEEK: "Royals and Loyals." Another dead petty officer, and there's British people! Besides Ducky, of course...

My dictionary does not know "hinky", please help me out...

when they say something is hinky, it means that its out of place, odd, kind of like someone was telling you something and you know it just doesn't sound right.

I read there's going to be a Abby-centered episode (Abbysode?) this season so maybe they are setting this up...

Sorry about linking to the actual CBS vid...normally I go through someone else's channel.

Episode heads-up; we have new ones through at least November 9.

After "Royals and Loyals," we have the following:

Oct. 19: "Dead Air."
According to the press release I have just read, it concerns the murders of a Naval officer and a radio shock jock. Palmer won't be in this episode.
Oct. 26: "Cracked." If the sources are correct, this is going to be the Abby episode.
Nov. 2: "Broken Arrow." Supposedly, this is the "DiNozzo Sr. returns" episode.
Nov. 9: "Enemies Foreign," the first of the two Eli David episodes.

This week TV Squad gives us an interview with everyone's favorite Autopsy Gremlin.

Going back to my previous thread regarding new episodes, you can also include November 16. The episode is titled "Enemies Domestic" and is the second of the two episodes to feature Eli David.

As for the October 26 episode, "Cracked":
It was confirmed in the press release issued today that this is "the Abby episode."

Scheduling update: the Nov 2. episode will be a re-air of "Code of Conduct" from S7, due to election coverage. "Broken Arrow" is now scheduled for November 9.

I won't go into deep commentary on "Royals and Loyals" other to say I didn't enjoy it as much as the prior three shows.

Trailer for "Dead Air" (this time I didn't link to CBS! :) )

I won't go into deep commentary on "Royals and Loyals" other to say I didn't enjoy it as much as the prior three shows.
Me neither. The Brit guy was kinda lame, and the ending was especially bad. How could she possibly think to gain anything by bringing and using a gun to that situation?

Me neither. The Brit guy was kinda lame, and the ending was especially bad. How could she possibly think to gain anything by bringing and using a gun to that situation?

with you two completely. after 3 great opening episodes this one slipped a bit. although that may be because i wasn't overall happy with the way the british were represented. the brit guy was seemed to rely on his "british accent" too much and not on his acting. looked like they didn't give a lot of thought to the ending either and it was a bit too obvious that the cia girl was the culprit.

this was probably the only time where i've actually preferred the NCIS: LA episode over the NCIS episode.

Promo for "Cracked"

be warned, spoilers lay ahead
from this weeks Michael Ausiello posting on the CBS Forums
SPOILER WARNING: Stop reading if you don?t want a major November sweeps plot twist ruined. And I repeat: Stop reading if you don?t want a major November sweeps plot twist ruined. Everyone else, onward and downward?
A main character is going to have a nasty and potentially lethal run-in with a deadly weapon!
?The shocking shooting opens a door to the past,? teases executive producer Shane Brennan, ?[and] explains a relationship which has kept fans guessing for several seasons.?

Some additional clues:
* The team member in question is Tony. Or McGee. Or Vance. Or Ziva. One of those four.
* The shooting (and its aftermath) serves as the centerpiece of a special two-part episode airing Nov. 11 and 23.
* I?ll narrow the list of possible victims to three in this week?s Ask Ausiello.
link: http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/136599.page
my guess is we're about to get our flashback episode we've been hearing rumours about. i reckon Tony is going to get shot, goes into a coma and we get dream flashbacks. on top of that maybe we're about to get some light on the Vance / Eli plot line.

My guess is

I think it will be Vance. Since Tony is already going to have a focus episode with Daddy DiNozzo, I don't think he'll be the one who's shot. Since we know Eli will be in these episodes, Ziva will have her own story involving him. As for McGee....no. That just seems random. Ask Ausiello is usually up Wednesday nights until his EW stint is done; I'll post the info as soon as I can.

Also, someone posted this in a different thread at CBS' board:

In the aftermath of a deadly attack, one team member flashes back to their first NCIS mission.

We've had teases of the "flashback" episode since before the season started; that sounds like Tony or Ducky are the most likely candidates. Maybe Vance, unless he's the one that gets shot.

"Cracked" thoughts; I'll post them tomorrow, if I remember. Without being too spoilery I will say that yes, this episode was chock-full of Abby.

REMINDER: No new episode Nov. 2 due to the US midterm elections.

Hot off the presses, Ausiello spills more about yesterday's spoiler:

Question: Can you please give me some good NCIS scoop, preferably about McGee? ?Z.
Ausiello: He?s not the team member who gets ?shot? in the big two-parter on Nov. 16 and 23. For those keeping track at home, that leaves Tony, Vance, and Ziva in the running. Oh, and I put SHOT in quotes because it?s not exactly a traditional shooting. The person will be wounded not by a gun, but by an explosive weapon.

I still think it's going to be Vance. But that's just me, and I will most likely be incorrect. :p

Preview for "Broken Arrow"

just seen on CBS.com

ncis.display.jpg

I just watched an old episode of Colditz with Robert Wagner and David McCallum from the 1970s.

They meet up again in NCIS (One of my favourite US dramas) I note. I am just waiting to grimace at the episode with the Brit in it (The uniform looks a bit off in the clip for a Royal Marine officer, I used to live in Poole where some train so I have seen them in the flesh). Oh and also we have cancelled most of the Navy anyway - see David Cameron budget cutter extraordinaire.

/Edit I was right the uniform was off (the crowns, oh my God!) but the episode was really good and I enjoyed it a lot. (They got that MI6 = SIS really).

Last edited: