2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 arrives as quickest Jeep ever made

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
HOT DAMN. This thing looks amazing. 0.90 on the skidpad is pretty damn impressive too.

Source: Autoblog

The 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 will make its official debut on the floor of the 2011 New York Auto Show today and, according to Chrysler, it's the fastest Jeep ever built. How does 0-60 miles per hour in 4.8 seconds on its way to a governed 155-mph top speed sound? For those of you who live your lives a quarter mile at a time, the big Jeep will down the strip in the mid-13-second range.

Even with performance numbers knocking on supercar territory, not to mention a 465-horsepower 6.4-liter Hemi V8, Jeep claims the new SRT8 gets 13-percent better fuel economy than its predecessor. To keep the gas mileage respectable, Jeep has employed a new active exhaust system that lets Chrysler's cylinder-deactivating Fuel Saver Technology operate over a wider RPM band. The fuel economy numbers are so good that the SUV can now travel up to 450 miles on a single tank before needing another drink of dinosaur juice.

Straight-line numbers and (relatively) impressive MPGs aren't this big SUV's only trick. Thanks in part to Jeep's new Selec-Track system with five distinct drive modes (including Sport), Chrysler says the new Grand Cherokee SRT8 will also hold on for a .90-g skid pad performance. Even better, it can haul itself down from 60 mph in an abrupt 116 feet.

Inside there's a list of standard features as long as your arm, including SIRIUS satellite radio, a DVD and MP3-capable stereo and new steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Options include a 19-speaker, 825-watt Harmann-Kardon stereo complete with a 10-inch subwoofer, a dual-pane tinted sunroof and a power liftgate.

Look for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 to hit dealerships this summer, and stay tuned for live shots of the new SRT8 direct from the 2011 New York Auto Show floor later today.

2012-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8-opt.jpg

No full gallery yet. I'll update when more arrive.

Wow those are some small wheels for an SUV like this.

Did not see this one coming.....so a 6.4L Hemi SUV huh? And it looks like it eats ecoboxes for the hell of it? And it has a gazillion toys? And somebody was insane enough to concieve it and they are gonna put it on sale? In 2012? At a time everybody is going on and on about expensive feul and hybrid lawnmowers to save penguins? Insanity? Ow yes.......

FUCK YEAH!

I absolutely love how fucking vulgar this Jeep is. The SRT is great because it never takes itself too seriously (except when it come to going fast).

I think it will look better on a 20 inch version of these:
5878380058_large.jpg

(obviously without the Volvo logo)
It definitely needs solid spokes.

o_O wasnt 4.8 second zero to 60 time ferrari-territory only like, 4 years ago? (and one of those fake reviewer-edition modded ferraris no customer would see at that) Jesus...

It's a bit ugly but other than that DO WANT.

I think it will look better on a 20 inch version of these:
5878380058_large.jpg

(obviously without the Volvo logo)
It definitely needs solid spokes.

I agree, the wheels are just awful...first thing I'd do is look for some alternatives aftermarket.

Obligatory:
[video=youtube;sWS-FoXbjVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI[/video]

And fuck yeah, I want one of these.

I hate it. It's vulgar, hideous, has a stupid look on its face, the wheels look like they were stolen off a Mazda 3. If I'm going to spend that much money on a vehicle, I think it'll actually be a proper car, not some overweight bloatmobile coming from an awkward lovechild of Mercedes and Chrysler.