PSN most stores back and the Welcome Back Pack

Thanks.

Many people have dual accounts, wonder if they let you download from both?

i would think, how would they know? i may have 2 accounts on the same system but they cant prove its me and i saw nowhere where it said *per system.

I legitimately have two accounts on my system (one's my brother's) so I'll certainly find out.

Rumour:
Barring any additional problems, Sony plans to bring the PlayStation Store back online next Tuesday, May 24, according to a memo sent to Sony's game developer and publishing partners.

The company has sent a tentative publishing schedule to partners detailing when their games, expansions and other releases will become available to players. In the memo, obtained by Gamasutra, Sony unveils plans to do two content pushes per week for the next two weeks to catch up with the backlog of content.

"We thank you for your patience as we work to resume service of the PlayStation Store," wrote PSN content manager Jack Osorno to developer partners.

The first push, set to coincide with the PlayStation Store's reopening, will distribute content that was originally scheduled to publish on April 26. Three days later on the 27th, another round of games will go live, which were originally scheduled for May 3.

The following week, pushes will take place on May 31 and June 3, using content that originally had been planned to be spread over three weeks. At that point, the company will be back on schedule and, presumably, return to a single content push per week.

An update from this Gamespot article.

[UPDATE] After this story was published, US Sony reps offered the following statement: "We've not announced a specific date other than to say we expect to have the service fully restored by end of the month. Anything other than that is purely speculative."

PSN Scheduled Network Maintenance- Tuesday 24th May 16.00PM - 00.00PM GMT
There will be Essential Network Maintenance occuring today Tuesday 24th May from 16.00PM- 00.00PM GMT.

The following services will be unavailable during this period:

PC Registration
Console Storefront
PS3 Account Management
PS3 Network Account Registration
PSP Network Account Registration
Qriocity Account Management
If you attempt to log in during this period you will receive the site maintenance notification page.

If you are already signed in during this period you should be able to stay connected and you will not lose your gaming session.

From a thread on official forums... I smell a store. :p
Also I wonder if we get the Welcome Back pack today too?

Linky

Last edited:
8 hour maintenance? Better be a store. Dirt 3 players can't get online until the storefront is up. Not that I don't have plenty to do though.

I hope the store can operate good under pressure, could be what the update is for. I've got about 6 codes stacked up waiting to put in when it goes up, and I know I'm not the only one.

You have a link? I mean I believe you, since the blogs are usually piss poor at telling maintenance time AHEAD of time, and they're not really taking it down, since all you really can do is register anyways haha.

PlayStation Network will undergo routine maintenance today, between 16:00 BST and 00:00 BST.

If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00.

The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.

We?re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance

Linky

I just saw that and was about to post it. So that answers that question.

Sucks for anyone wanting to play Dirt 3 online.

Going by Sony's history of ass-raping their customers (a media player for W2K/XP that ties all files to the Windows installation with not way to restore them from a backup, Audio CDs that install malware, Memory Stick pricing, suing people for tinkering with the hardware) people will forget, forgive and continue to buy their products.
This has always puzzled me. What is it about Sony products that makes people fanboys?

Just when something happens that solidifies my boycott on Sony products (7 years now), like how they handled the PS3 launch, Sony will do something that makes me think they don't give two fucks about genuinely satisfied customers even more. They stick you with proprietary formats and products, totally screw you on support, tell you how you can and can't use their products, and then act like they're the most popular and revered company in the world. It's mind boggling.

Last edited:
This has always puzzled me. What is it about Sony products that makes people fanboys?

the same could be said about many companies. i've often wondered this about Apple products. i like my iPod, but i've never seen the point in the iPad and the amount of preaching going on about it from apple fanboys is beyond me.

the same could be said about many companies. i've often wondered this about Apple products. i like my iPod, but i've never seen the point in the iPad and the amount of preaching going on about it from apple fanboys is beyond me.
Apple isn't as proprietary as they seem, at least not compared to Sony. Apple has never tried to release it's own proprietary portable memory format (Memory stick), DVD format (UMD), or CD format (Mini-disc)...

Sony very obviously goes out of its way to try and compete directly with emerging standards, and only recently started winning those fights (i.e. Blu-Ray). It was that reason alone that I got tired of having Sony products; they never played nice with anything else I had.

The one thing I will say about UMD is that there really wasn't an existing format for tiny optical discs. Personally I'm not a fan of anything Sony outside of their gaming systems...

The one thing I will say about UMD is that there really wasn't an existing format for tiny optical discs. Personally I'm not a fan of anything Sony outside of their gaming systems...
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/650290/Memorex-Mini-DVD-R-Media-Spindle/

Only half an inch larger than UMD. Granted, it holds 23% less data... but surely Sony could have put resources toward solving that defect in tiny DVD's, rather than creating it's own proprietary DVD format for its own portable device.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/650290/Memorex-Mini-DVD-R-Media-Spindle/

Only half an inch larger than UMD. Granted, it holds 23% less data... but surely Sony could have put resources toward solving that defect in tiny DVD's, rather than creating it's own proprietary DVD format for its own portable device.

So instead of using a format that's larger and holds less data, they created their own.... and it's not like mini DVDs are common for any kind of media distribution.

So instead of using a format that's larger and holds less data, they created their own.... and it's not like mini DVDs are common for any kind of media distribution.
They created their own for themselves, for the sole purpose of keeping the PSP only able to play content stored on Sony-only media. UMD and Memory Sticks were the only supported mediums on the PSP. And if that's part of your argument, it's not like UMDs are/were common for any kind of media distribution, either. :p

But this deviates from my original inquiry: what is it about Sony that still has people at fanboy status with them? Anybody?

Last edited:
Double post ahoy; related to Sony, not PSN.

http://gawker.com/5805123/sony-hacked-at-least-five-times-since-friday

Hey, hackers! If you're bored, you might as well just point your computer at Sony. Everyone else is: Sony was hit by at least five hack attacks since Friday, exposing thousands more customers' information.

One of the largest was the hacking of Sony Ericsson's Canadian eShop database by the Lebanese group Idahca. The Hacker News reported that the hack exposed the "email, password and names of 1000's" of users, which were posted on the internet.

And earlier today, Sony reported that a Greek music unit experienced a breach which affected 8,5000 users, and two smaller hacks in Thailand and Indonesia this weekend. That's not all! The hackers from Lulz Security, who previously targeted Fox.com, also hit Sony Music's Japanese site today. They posted information from its database to their twitter account, though that didn't appear to include any customer information.

Sony is of course still reeling from the massive PlayStation Network hack last month that screwed over 100 million customers. Maybe all these hackers should band together and launch an electronic company. They've got a pretty huge mailing list to start from.

Sony fanboy here, I owned a Playstation 1, I owned a Playstation 2 and on day one, which I was lucky to get... Technically the first one was broken, and then the second one was broken (Both broken straight outta the box)... two months later, all was well with my third.

I've never owned an Xbox, never owned a Nintendo console. My last Sega console was a Mega Drive 1. Played on a Wii twice, played on a 360 once.

I have a Move, bought it day one and as great as it works, theres more games available for the Gizmondo.

I bought a PSP, which I had to buy as a bundle, therefore costing me a bundle. Also only used with ISO's because UMD's are awful and noisy. It currently resides in a drawer somewhere, where it's been for a few years. Along with it's Memory Sticks.

I said no to the NGP, because they've burnt me once. Will I get one? Probably.

If I may steal this from Jezza... "You can't rationalise consoles like these, they're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them and who can explain love. All I know is I love my little Playstations more then I love the others."

Yes they fuck you over time and time and time again, but they're always forgiven.

The PS3 does everything I want it to and more.

Last edited:
For me, the only things keeping me with Sony (PS3 broke and I plan to replace it) are my game library and the free online gameplay. If I had bought an Xbox in 2006, I'd have spend the cost of a new console on Xbox Live subscriptions anyway.... and that's assuming an original 360 would have lasted until now (all of my friends who own them have gone through multiple).

So, it's just process of elimination. Wii is completely different and not what I'm looking for.

Oh, and Logitech G25 + GT5 is just unbeatable (short of a few intense PC sims).