Random Thoughts....

I'm listening to Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs on BBC Radio 2 on my Bush TR82 replica radio...

I believe I may have become a raving homosexual... :|

^ What made you want to get flamed in the first place? I reckon you've got balls to get on a place like this at your age.

I joined here when I was 16 and it was a big step from all the footy/roleplaying stuff that I was into at the time.

*shudders*

When I first joined, I was a douche. I was a smart arse, an attention whore, I called people gay before I even knew the meaning of the word and generally acted like your stereotypical 'Xbox Live' child. Not realizing what I was doing, I took pity upon myself and made a post like that. It's weird to think that I've spent four and half years in this community. I think I've matured interacting with this forum much faster than I would have without it but it was at an expense.

Last edited:
When I first joined, I was a douche. I was a smart arse, an attention whore, I called people gay before I even knew the meaning of the word and generally acted like your stereotypical 'Xbox Live' child. Not realizing what I was doing, I took pity upon myself and made a post like that. It's weird to think that I've spent four and half years in this community. I think I've matured interacting with this forum much faster than I would have without it but it was at an expense.

I can agree with you too by saying that I have matured in the way that I think and do now. I think interacting with older people makes you realise you have to be at their level rather than ours.

I searched my username in the forums for mentions of myself (yes, I am that narcissistic) and I must say, I was a lot more effervescent when I was 11 (yes, I joined when I was 11). Apart from this, I've also realized my grammar has not improved at all. In fact, I think I have in fact regressed and if we're heading in that direction, I don't think I've matured particularly either.

See Here

- http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/requested-flame-csl-lemans-gtr-17541/

Ooh vintage hidden_hunter

Ok I'll feed the ego :p

I think you've matured. Still a way to go but you're getting there. Heck, everyone is still learning and maturing. I think you should still enjoy the fun and pleasures of being a child though and stop (or at least reduce) your worrying about finances and life. Dont grow up too quickly.

Exactly, you are 15 and 16 and what to be 18 or 19. Then you get to 23 or 24 and still want to be 18 or 19. But hey, that's life haha

Exactly, you are 15 and 16 and what to be 18 or 19. Then you get to 23 or 24 and still want to be 18 or 19. But hey, that's life haha

lol I'm 24 and I want to be older...I'm a seriously old person for my age. Every year I get older I feel like I'm getting closer to my 'true' age, whatever that is. Maybe once I hit my 30s I'll finally feel comfortable with my age...

(end philosophical musings)

I really need to change into my pyjamas and get this report finished but it's sooo warm next to the column heater!

Really??? I'd love to go to back to being somewhere between 16-19 BUT only if I had the benefit of what I know now. It would be just awesome! Life would be such a breeze! That said, the older I get the more I realise that life doesn't really change that much! It just gets busier! My best mates are still my best mates, I still love doing the same stuff, my interests are still the same. The only thing that has really changed is a broader taste in music!

Really??? I'd love to go to back to being somewhere between 16-19 BUT only if I had the benefit of what I know now. It would be just awesome! Life would be such a breeze! That said, the older I get the more I realise that life doesn't really change that much! It just gets busier! My best mates are still my best mates, I still love doing the same stuff, my interests are still the same. The only thing that has really changed is a broader taste in music!

Oh God you couldn't pay me to relive my late teens :lol: such a painful time! Even looking two or three years in the past I've grown and changed so much as a person, and been through some stuff (terrible job, mental illness, possibly caused by said terrible job) which I would not go through a second time. I guess my philosophy is that I've worked damn hard to get to this age and I ain't doing it all again :)

I hope there is a special place in hell for businesses that take money they have not earned in entirety.

Even if it's just 25 cents - if you didn't earn it then I hope you choke on it. :)

Even if it's just 25 cents - if you didn't earn it then I hope you choke on it. :)

So a broken vending machine ate your money? :)

Ha. No, haven't bought anything from a vending machine in years - it was just a restaurant, this time around.

Oh God you couldn't pay me to relive my late teens :lol: such a painful time! Even looking two or three years in the past I've grown and changed so much as a person, and been through some stuff (terrible job, mental illness, possibly caused by said terrible job) which I would not go through a second time. I guess my philosophy is that I've worked damn hard to get to this age and I ain't doing it all again :)

I know what you are saying. I kinda hated college while I was there, got bummed out by the usual teenage dramas and also went through a long-term illness at the end of my teens. While I wouldn't want to relive the latter for love nor money, in hindsight I can see so many opportunities missed or things I should have been less cautious about. Still, live and learn and hopefully don't repeat the same mistakes in the future!! I just feel like I am reaching the age where I am meant to stop having fun haha and I don't like that feeling

I went to bed in the middle of a movie that was on a cable channel early this morning, and it is back on in almost the exact spot I stopped watching it. I think they want me to see this movie.

:blink:

I went to bed in the middle of a movie that was on a cable channel early this morning, and it is back on in almost the exact spot I stopped watching it. I think they want me to see this movie.

:blink:

I think I did that once as well, strangest thing ever.

I know what you are saying. I kinda hated college while I was there, got bummed out by the usual teenage dramas and also went through a long-term illness at the end of my teens. While I wouldn't want to relive the latter for love nor money, in hindsight I can see so many opportunities missed or things I should have been less cautious about. Still, live and learn and hopefully don't repeat the same mistakes in the future!! I just feel like I am reaching the age where I am meant to stop having fun haha and I don't like that feeling

lol you should do what I did and go back to uni...I guess in some way I am actually reliving my late teens by having gone back to study, but with the benefit of a few years of work and real life experience under my belt. I think it is actually a huge advantage to have 'lived' for a few years before starting engineering...especially when you look at things from a project management point of view. I see some of my fellow second year students who are 19 years old, and technically they're great and can calculate stresses and deformation and all that, but put them in a big project where they have to manage resources and time and work with other people and they're completely lost.