Any one else here from the Top Gear forum on History.com?

Welcome RB60! Okay, so there is three of us now. Does that count as a 'Noob Invasion'? :lol:

Actually, you two (jmurphy and RB60 that is) should know that I actually sent a PM to SIARPC (the History TG forum's resident troll) and asked him to come along. That way, we could have someone to pick, just like old times! Sadly, it seems that he has decided not too. Who will you joust with now murph? :D

SIARPC couldn't hold a candle to me. I was getting tired week after week making him look bad.

I'm sure it was easy for him, what with just copy-paste his previous post, update the episode number, and post as if it were new. Still, there seem to be a few trolls here; perhaps you can adopt one of them!

I share many of your sentiments about the History Channel forum. Bryan and I have spent the last 9 months defending and (edit mis-spelled/non-existent word) criticizing the show. It seemed like 9/10 posters on that forum were anti-Top Gear US, and for no reason other than it wasn't Top Gear UK

If I may be a devils advocate for abit, I think the reason why you encountered such vitriol is because.....you were posting on a forum operated by the same folks that aired the show. So it's a natural move for "viewers" of the network to go to the site, and chatting with other folks of the shows on History. I spend many a good time on IRT and Pawn Stars, and the fact that many new posters would pop up regularly over a topic that was a few seasons old is a sign that the forums was run (and ran) with viewers in mind. Whereas a site like here, the "viewers" of the network shows are either gonna:

a.) not know it exists
b.) don't bother to go on the forums and just torrent the episodes on the front page
c.) might have accounts here, and piggyback between sites.

In a sense, you asked.....no, were willing to be put into the situation of "defending the show" and getting frustrated at replying at the trolls over there. Instead of seeking a better car that is nice, clean, and mechanically sound with a good abstract (like here), you pretty much bought a lemon, refused to see the cut-and-shut bodge-job, the less-than clean Car Fax history, and the bald tires, and expect to be absolved of manslaughter when the car blows a tire and runs over the Swedish Bikini Team during a photo shoot (The History Community Boards).

Well, I was 'willing' in the sense that I stuck with it (defending the show). I wouldn't say I was frustrated. And I wouldn't say I bought a lemon, just a car that was a fixer-up'er, which is still cheaper than buying new. Murph and I weren't the only ones, but we may have been the most prolific, and honestly there were only one or two trolls that stuck it out; most posted the hate and left. And yeah, most posters were those who did not know about TGUK, which is fine. I joined the History forum because it seemed a logical place to start to post about TGUS; I never bothered to look for another until I had to.

That being said, I do prefer this forum greatly, mostly because of its focus on Top Gear. On the History forums you knew that Top Gear was not their primary concern.

Actually, I just started to watch TGUS this season. I didn't join History or this forum to post hatred...leave that to the trolls. A simple discussion is what I am looking to be a part of, weather it be positive or negative. So far, I have found the show to be entertaining, finding myself laughing out loud at times. There also have been parts that seemed a bit boring, but not enough to quit watching or post the pure hatred of the show or it's "stars" that some others have.
With that said, I'm still looking forward to the quarantine and hazing.

Read and abide by the forum rules and leave your muddy boots, bad grammar and text speak at the door and you'll be fine.

Grammar Nazis are rife here. :whistle:

Ah, but can they say "squirrel" correctly? :lol:

I can't speak for MWF, but I know I can, and I Grammar Nazied Sik Pony, of all people. And I also know that MWF may not know the difference between a squirrel and a marmoset, but he does know the difference between a Lancer and a Galant.

I was only on the history channel board for a short, short before they shut it down and only on the IRT board. I have since found a new forum (will actually two) but only one is actually new user friendly. I signed on to this board last year but was not very involved in it but I have decided to make another go at it. I think it is a matter of finding my niche on this board.