Any one else here from the Top Gear forum on History.com?

I've made the jump Bryan. This forum is FAR superior to the History Channel forums, not to mention more up to date news for Top Gear. Glad you were able to link over to this site otherwise I may not have ever discovered it.

i was one for awhile. nothing more than a bunch of bloody fanboi nit-wits regurgitating the same old crappy song.

this forum is light years better.

Glad to see you Murph! Hopefully even more of our friends from 'over there' make it over too. I sent a few of them PMs with the link.

And Initial_B, I agree with you pretty much. Jmurphy and I were one of a small group of non-haters and common sensers who fought that fanboishness. I think we were even making headway (it helped that TGUS was obviously getting better with each episode), but then history decided to close down their forums, and hopefully others will join Murph and I in this fine establishment! Cheers!

yay, another noob invasion

jk :D welcome!

yay, another noob invasion

jk :D welcome!

You should be happy. I've seen plenty of other automotive related forums die because people get pissy over stupid newb stuff.

I'm fine going into quarantine to prove my worth/potential contribution. :D

I share many of your sentiments about the History Channel forum. Bryan and I have spent the last 9 months defending and constructionally criticizing the show. It seemed like 9/10 posters on that forum were anti-Top Gear US, and for no reason other than it wasn't Top Gear UK (because Bryan and I succinctly pointed out problems with their arguments/complaints in each thread/argument/complaint/post) and even most of those 9/10 were 1 time posters that littered the board with their worthless crap and repetitious threads.

I'm looking forward to actually getting into quality discussions with real Top Gear fans, not a bunch of people (History Channel Forums) who started watching during Series 10.

Nope. Took a look at their forum but never was a member there.

Yea, I'm a convert from there as well. Quarantine? Hazing? ...Bring it on, I've seen it all before! (my current job could be considered both)

Welcome RB60! Okay, so there is three of us now. Does that count as a 'Noob Invasion'? :lol:

Actually, you two (jmurphy and RB60 that is) should know that I actually sent a PM to SIARPC (the History TG forum's resident troll) and asked him to come along. That way, we could have someone to pick, just like old times! Sadly, it seems that he has decided not too. Who will you joust with now murph? :D

Just be civil and you won't have a problem. The admins do have a low tolerance policy towards trolls here now. Which is a bit unfortunate as we've had some entertaining trolls. :evil:

Shouldn't be a problem. I'm afraid I can't remember RB60's posts, but I assure you that jmurphy and I are the epitome of civility, the Platonic Form of politeness.

And yes, every site should have a resident troll to kick around and keep things going.