I'll be buying my first motorcycle jacket soon.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
I might be going to China soon and I want to get a jacket. I am just wondering what is the perfect fit and which brand to get. The dealers closest to me are Vanson and Joe Rocket dealers.

EVERYONE wears richa over here, like there is no other brand

I have a cheap Joe Rocket jacket that I'm happy with. It's like a mesh material with a removable inner lining. It's good for hot weather riding (leather just boils me).

toodles

avanti said:
Are you actually going use it on a motorcycle, or just walk around with it?

All the "famous" brands are very good, Dainese, Clover, Spidi, Sidi, Arlen Ness Alpinestars etc etc.

edit: this is my jacket btw; Clover RC100, I love it!
http://www.clover.it/src/main.asp?page=products.asp&lng=en&idf=9&idp=77

Both actually :)
I just want to break in the new jacket before I leave for China. I'll be heading off college after and I might purchase my own bike. I already have a helmet, but that's all I have.

avanti said:
or just walk around with it?

those guys are such posers :lol:
just wearing a bike jacket to be cool, and to be able to raise your hand to every biker that comes by

(over here, every time 2 bikers cross/meet, they raise their hand as a greeting, don't know that happens in other countries as well.
but it's realy stupid when suddenly there's one on the side of the road, without a bike, waving like hell)

Well I picked up my new Vanson. Cost me $430, but all worth it. It's a nice graduation gift from my parents :)

bone said:
over here, every time 2 bikers cross/meet, they raise their hand as a greeting, don't know that happens in other countries as well.
but it's realy stupid when suddenly there's one on the side of the road, without a bike, waving like hell)

Yeah, we do that here too :D

But it depends, I have two bikes, the sports bike in the avatar and a offroad bike. When I ride the sportsbike and wave, everyone I meet on a sports/semi-sports bike wave back, but the Harley/cruiser guys never wave...

When I ride the offroad bike, nobody waves back.... :cry:

I use to like Harleys, but I feel that the bikes they make nowadays just don't live up to the badge anymore. They bikes they make nowadays don't feel like Harleys from the 60s and 70s.

My first bike is a 2004 Suzuki GS500E. Not a particulary fast bike, but a good beginner's motorcycle.

zeoniks said:
I use to like Harleys, but I feel that the bikes they make nowadays just don't live up to the badge anymore. They bikes they make nowadays don't feel like Harleys from the 60s and 70s.

My first bike is a 2004 Suzuki GS500E. Not a particulary fast bike, but a good beginner's motorcycle.

The GS500 is a very good beginner bike :thumbsup: As for the harleys, I like them, and wouldn't mind having one. But I would get a new one, now they are okay, in the "good" old days they were awful...

avanti said:
The GS500 is a very good beginner bike :thumbsup: As for the harleys, I like them, and wouldn't mind having one. But I would get a new one, now they are okay, in the "good" old days they were awful...

that's what makes them so great

a guy i knew bought one a while ago, and when he did, he set his msn nick to "it rattles...it leaks...it's mine"
that's what harley is all about imho

bone said:
that's what makes them so great

a guy i knew bought one a while ago, and when he did, he set his msn nick to "it rattles...it leaks...it's mine"
that's what harley is all about imho

If you owned it you would not think that's great... If he thinks its great he can't have owned a proper bike before..

We wave here too.

I've got a few jokes fellow sportbikers say about Harleys:

- The Harley engine is the most efficient way to turn gas (petrol) into noise.

- The Harley engine is the only kind that when it runs the piston is stationary and the engine moves around it.

- Harley: yesterday's technology, tommorow's prices