The "New Toys" Thread

don't know if anyones interested in golf here, but I got bored in Melbourne and don't have my entire set, so I went down to the golf shop 3 weeks ago to order this club just to practice in the driving range :D

http://img240.imageshack.**/img240/8903/cimg0424yd6.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.**/img223/737/cimg0425bo0op5.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.**/img240/7002/cimg0431cp5.jpg

EDIT: PICTURE ROTATED

Rotate the middle picture, its making me dizzy :p

Nice clubs! Dont know jack about golf but i have heard about Gallaway and "Big Bertha" so i guess they're good.

Buba said:
NAIDANAC A said:
you need a 32 like me :p

LOL nice monitor.

You all need a 37" like me... :p :p

I think Espensti recently bought a new screen, so I think he will own us...
For normal work use, I reckon a 24" Dell is very top notch. Enjoy it!

LOL.. naw..

you need a 42" like me!

Just picked up a westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD.. 1920x1080p.. dual DVI +hdmi inputs.. it's GREAT for the PC.. makes a pretty nice TV display too.. but since the tv runs though the PC and there is no tv tuner.. that makes it a monitor :) lol

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/pc-44-7-42-1080p-monitor.aspx

as far as i'm concerned, you can never have enough desktop space.. as a sysadmin i've got 2 17" monitors hooked up to my work pc.. and... i really need 5..

Very nice andy, how is it to use? love golf myself got penty of clubs but no golf balls left after the holidays

WheatKing said:
Buba said:
NAIDANAC A said:
you need a 32 like me :p

LOL nice monitor.

You all need a 37" like me... :p :p

I think Espensti recently bought a new screen, so I think he will own us...
For normal work use, I reckon a 24" Dell is very top notch. Enjoy it!

LOL.. naw..

you need a 42" like me!

Just picked up a westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD.. 1920x1080p.. dual DVI +hdmi inputs.. it's GREAT for the PC.. makes a pretty nice TV display too.. but since the tv runs though the PC and there is no tv tuner.. that makes it a monitor :) lol

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/pc-44-7-42-1080p-monitor.aspx

as far as i'm concerned, you can never have enough desktop space.. as a sysadmin i've got 2 17" monitors hooked up to my work pc.. and... i really need 5..

Nothing is better than the 5 Dell 20" screens on my desk at work. I especially enjoy being able to spread my work out, it makes it a lot easier to get things done. Now if I could only convince them to upgrade my monitors to 24" monitors :-D

My 155 inch projector screen is great for TV and Movies. Its only 720p but who cares, it's still damn nice.

I'm seriously considering another 24" screen for my desk at home (after I build a new PC), but I need to find another Dell 2405, since the 2407 looks different and might not match as well.

Got some new toys 8)

ohh yeah :)

http://img79.imageshack.**/img79/9698/dscf0012gz3.jpg

first off a psp (value pack) + a free 512 mb stick

after that I got a maxtor external 100gb hardrive :)

and today I got a real camera a fuji s9500/s9000 with it i got two 2 gig memory cards, 2 sets of 2500 mah batteries and a fast charger, mini tripod, uv filter and a polyrizer filter and a krumpler bag.

Nice for one week :)

Very nice Sir Clarkson, PSP is awsome, it's had to find something it can't do, how much was the camera btw? i need a new one

vRS said:
Very nice andy, how is it to use? love golf myself got penty of clubs but no golf balls left after the holidays

haven't had time to test it yet... will tell you when I do next week :D

This thing just came out this week from T-Mobile. I've been using it for a month now ;).
8100.jpg

My mom's power supply blew in her computer so I upgraded and gave her my trusted Enermax 350
Enermax420WNoiseTaker2.jpg

Just plonked $40 on these bad boys:
9685-photo-extra-1.jpg

I'm listening to Rob Dougan on them and they are orgasmic. Hell, my roommate's playing some random punk band 3 feet away and I can't even hear him. (I think my ears may be bleeding, though.)

Noise canceling? They look pretty portable.

Speaking of headphones, I just got a pair of these for free:

14394-photo-extra-1.jpg

Previous owner wrecked the cord and pushed in one of the speaker cones, so I took them off his hands. A little soldering gun action to reattach the wires and liberal application of a vacuum crevice tool to pull out the cone, and they're good as new! The bass response is amazing, I cannot get them to distort no matter how loud I crank my receiver.

black 8GB iPod nano

will post pics later though i did a short review below

====

I just gotten hold of my iPod nano a few moments ago and will be doing a short review on it.

The iPod in my posession right now is a black 8GB iPod nano. It came with a USB data cable, updated white earphones, dock adaptor & Quick Start manual. It was packed into a clear plastic case resembling one used by watches sold today.

The black nano at first glance looks like an iPod knock-off that you can find in many many malls & tiangges these days. It is only upon touching it and using it a bit do you realize this is one piece of equipment that was well thought out and well made.

The original iPod nano used the same plastic & clear coating technology that made scratches visible enough to cause a lawsuit. This is my guess as to why Apple decided to reuse and shrink down the discontinued iPod mini anodized aluminum cases to wrap around the second generation iPod nano. The downside I see with this change here is that oils like olive oil & oils generated by the human body makes itself evident on the iPod nano's body. You can clean it off though so no fear with a clean cloth.

iTunes 7 on both Windows XP Pro & OS X 104.6 Tiger detected it flawlessly. I chose Windows file format to allow cross platform sharing of files. Transfering of data worth 7.2GB took about 40-60 minutes to complete to and from PC to Mac. If data transfer speeds is an issue you may want to get the previous iPod nano or a full-sized 30GB iPod. As of this writing I am still transfering the 7.2GB of data from Windows to a Mac. Will comment further on the data transfer via iTunes once the current transfer is done.

As the 30GB iPod & 8GB iPod nano share same price point of $249 their has been some debate on what to get. If you want the ability to watch video, play games, big LCD & space to spare then get the 30GB iPod. If physical dimension is an issue, you dont want something spinning inside, want 24 hr battery life, carry only songs you'll listen too within 24 hrs and want an exclusive color then the 8GB iPod nano is your bit

Just did my usual iPod upgrade. Sold my old one on eBay and have just bought a new 80GB model. Only costs me around $80 and I get the latest one with, most importantly, a brand spanking new warrenty. Now I just have to look around the net to see if there is a way of getting the new games without having to pay the $7.50 for each one. :p

overview-requirements.jpg

My girlfriend also downgraded from her 30GB iPod to a new 4GB pink iPod nano....because now it matches her pink Motorola V3 phone. :roll:

product-pink.jpg

Also I must say that I really hate iTunes, but I quite like version 7. It has taken alot of the things that were hidden in little menus are now easy to access. On the other hand my girlfriend hates it, because it is different. :lol:

I'm ordering a new toy. Will let you know in 3 - 4 weeks what it is. :thumbsup:

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Janus said:
Also I must say that I really hate iTunes
Not as much as me :D

Yeah, I take that back. After a lengthy time as it loaded all my music and videos on, and then spent ages doing something about generating cross fade points or something, and making me turn my firewall off as it constantly sets it off every time it goes online to get an album cover or something. So I finally quit it and it crashes. :roll:

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
btw I didn't know there was an 80GB model :|

Yeah, they just announced them last week and now they are in the shops. They have replaced the 60GB with the 80GB. Both the 60GB and the 80GB are the same physical size. Basically I upgraded because, as I said, after selling my old one it only cost me about $80 and I get a new warranty and well as the benefits of this new model, which are the 60% brighter screen and 20 hour battery life. As I fly long distances a couple of times a year longer battery life is a good thing for me.

The new nano looks great, going to buy a blue 4gb one in a week or 2. I don't like the new iTunes either, it's slower than the old one and iPod updates take alot longer.