Ariel Atom and N?rburgring

You mean there's more than one classic 'Ring layout? I thought there were only 3 combinations -- the classic track, the modern track, and the two combined.

I only know the classic version that's in GT4.

During the "tourist traffic" the start is in the middle of the long straight, so you can?t do a full lap. The brits came up with BTG which is now standard among the ringrunners that run during tourist traffic. It?s bridge to gantry, the bridge is at the end of the straight just before the little lefthander, the gantry is not far from Galgenkopf (the long double righthander just before the long straight).

This covers just the north loop without the Grand Prix track. There is a video on Youtube from the game rFactor, you can see the tourist version there.

Hey can someone tell me about the writings on the track of the ring. I saw them when playing gt4 but I didn?t notice any when watching that top gear episode when JC was testing that Jag. So at first I thought that for some reason the makers of the game put the writings on the track but looking at the pics of the atom overtaking cars I saw some on the tarmac.

It's just graffiti.

The fans of the 24-Hours Race at the N?rburgring do this graffitis the days before the race. It?s not the best idea because some of the paintworks get really slipery when it gets wet. Professional drivers are experienced enough to handel it, but some newbies might get in trouble - BUT this graffitis belong to the Ring like the 24-Hour Race itself.

Yeah, it's a part of what makes the 'Ring the 'Ring.