TG of the P *spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*waves at Torontonians from the St Lawrence River*

My sis is at York as I type.

I liked it! And Hammond is pretty proficient at bass, even if Jezza made my musician's ears bleed. And teeth grind. Bless his heart for trying so damn hard though.

*waves at Torontonians from the St Lawrence River*

My sis is at York as I type.

I liked it! And Hammond is pretty proficient at bass, even if Jezza made my musician's ears bleed. And teeth grind. Bless his heart for trying so damn hard though.

Jez kinda looked adorable trying to get it right.

Oh dear lord, I called Jeremy Clarkson adorable. :blink:

I wonder what the reatings were for TGToTP...

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm outraged by what people have said above especially Nuclear Fish saying they shouldn't have had the 'remember why we are here' clips. It's Comic Relief! It is for dying people in Africa! Have a heart.

I'm not saying that I don't like Comic Relief. I had a great day yesterday donating money and sponsoring my friends to do stupid things, but I just don't see why all the fun of TGOTP needed to be interrupted every ten minutes to show us stuff we've already seen millions of times. Everybody already knows what Comic Relief is about and why we're giving money, and they show enough of those clips throughout the rest of the night anyway.

How funny was Jezza on the drums. "I dropped my sticks" :D

Top Gear of the Pops got 6.1 million and 28% audience share and was the highest rated show on BBC TWO by a long way.

It was also the highest rated show in its timeslot just ahead of the BBC News on BBC ONE (6 million), Tonight on ITV (2.1 million), Ugly Betty on Channel 4 (0.8 million) and Law and Order: Criminal intent on Five (1.3 million).

Top Rated shows of the night

1 ) Comic Relief (21:00 - 21:30) - 11.4 million
2 ) Comic Relief (21:30 - 22:00) - 10.8 million
3 ) Comic Relief (20:30 - 21:00) - 10.6 million
4 ) Comic Relief (20:00 - 20:30) - 10 million
5 ) Coronation Street - 8.3 million
6 ) Comic Relief (22:30 - 23:30) - 8 million
7 ) Comic Relief (19:30 - 20:00) - 7.5 million
8 ) Emmerdale - 7 million
9 ) Top Gear of the Pops - 6.1 million

Last edited:
not bad for half an hour then is it.

I wonder if that is the last time we will see Dunsfold in use. Maybe Jezza's finale, when he yelled out "Goodnight Dunsfold" might have had more meaning to it!!

I think thats more along the lines of the 'Goodnight Wembly' (replacing Wembly with any stadium or venue) that bands shout at the end of a gig.

Yes I know that, but Im thinking that there could be more significance in it.

Hello everyone, this is my first post after lurking and thoroughly enjoying this place for a while.

Loved this last night- feared for a minute that we were going to get the rap song in full, but I should have trusted Jezza and known better!

Resented the Africa films being in 'my' Top Gear at first, but there weren't too many, and well, that's what it was all about, wasn't it?

Loved the Top Gear band- Hammond looked annoyingly good on bass; surprised they didn't have a silent Stig stood behind a microphone or something, too!

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm outraged by what people have said above especially Nuclear Fish saying they shouldn't have had the 'remember why we are here' clips. It's Comic Relief! It is for dying people in Africa!

Is it?

The overwhelming impression I get from CR is that it is there to raise the profile of celebrities.

Piers Morgan, Trinny, Cheryl Cole, Travis (performing their new single), Supergrass, McFly, Davina McCall, Tony Blair, Chris Evans, Fearne Cotton, Alastair Campbell, Alan Sugar, Sugababes, Girls Aloud

Comic Relief?

Guilt Relief.

If they want to do their bit for a charity telethon, then there is Children in Need.

There is the old argument that "time is worth more than charity". That is true for you and me, as an hour of our time is worth more than an hour of our wage. It is not true for the people who appear on these shows.

Davina McCall spent an hour on screen last night. Call it four hours prep for it, five hours work in total. She gets paid 8 grand an hour for Big Brother. Now what will have raised more, Davina McCall imploring people to give, or her sitting at home and writing a cheque for 40 grand?

Giving a little every week is worth a lot more than giving a larger amount once a year.

Anyway, rant over. TGotP was very amusing. James just reading that Coldplay thing out was fantastic. Anyone who enjoyed the songs for hospital radio bit should YouTube for "Ivan Brackenbury" - its hilarious.

I for one really liked the show. And McFly's song. Lessee if I can remember the lines a bit (sometimes those BBC subtitles are useful after all):

"Sofa, Hyundai, administration, (repeat)

We did your stupid challenge

And we wrote this song

Our reputation to lose

That's why I sing the Top Gear blues

chorus:

Jeremy's antique

The Hamster just squeeks

May's just such a geek

And I really wanna know who the Stig is

Who's the Stig??

(Sofa, hyundai, administration)

Our reputation to lose

That's why I sing the Top Gear Blues"

Or something.

And a quote from the news.

James: "First we have some news for you about a band called Cold Play *Jezza and Hammond groan at bad pronunciation* . 'No need to worry, they won't go emo for the follow-up on X and Y.' What in the bloody hell does that mean??" :D

I felt quite sorry for the poor chicken, though. What was it there for, other than getting its eardrums blown out?

The chicken was a reference to when Alice Cooper thew one into the crowd and they tore it apart. Apparently that wasn't intended!

I really enjoyed it. I thought the bands did very well (except Jizzy of course) I hate McFly usually, but at least they were good sports and actually wrote a song better than anything they usually do!

As this was the last episode until the summer, I won't be on here for a while. So see you all later.

Last edited:
The show was very funny in parts and well done. however I think it was a mistake allowing mac fly or whatever they are called on, what a load of talentless, dumb little kids, they could have at least tried to make their song slightly funny. It didnt come across that they have even a slight sense of humour. I thought that part was pathetic on their part. But the rest, well writen as usual and generally a good show. James has been showing a very funny side recently too which I think is really entertaining.

I don't know how but I was kind of expecting more from it. I realize it's for charity but it didn't really do it for me... the three guys playing was quite a scene though.

Why? It was funny, entertaining and for a good cause.........it was a one off for charity. Enjoy it for what it was, entertainment.

Guess I don't understand the negativity about it......sorry. :)

There were a couple funny parts, but overall, it felt rushed and didn't really have any good music.
It didn't take long for me to open a browser and surf the net while it was playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.