F1:Melbourne 2007

There's only two compounds per GP so it was probably the medium.
ITV team said it was soft and hard. also the new rules state that during the race they have to use both compounds. (unless it rains).

The honda B team really hammered the A team.

I am also angry that they have frozen engine development.

Looks like a long drawn out process. Why would the FIA approve Super Aguri and Toro Rosso then to race if they arent complying with the rules??

Becuase the cars comply with FIA rules. It's the Concorde Agreenment that these customer cars break. That's why the cars went through FIA scrutineering and technically (AFAIK) the protest made by Spyker has no grounds. Hence this is going to court and the process will take ages.

I like how Kubica only started in the middle of last season and he's already an easy Top 5...Noone seems to notice that but that guyis a great driver. I'm just waiting to see how long he can keep Fisi behind him....and with Massa coming from behind and Button hopefully being a bit quicker every one of the top 8 places will be a war zone. Like i said before, I'm loving this season!

I like how Kubica only started in the middle of last season and he's already an easy Top 5...Noone seems to notice that but that guyis a great driver. I'm just waiting to see how long he can keep Fisi behind him....and with Massa coming from behind and Button hopefully being a bit quicker every one of the top 8 places will be a war zone. Like i said before, I'm loving this season!

Kubica and Hamilition looked great during qualifying. It's great to see 1 new and 1 relatively new driver to do so great surrounded by established veterans.

I think Button and Barrichello are really going to have trouble at the GP because of their braking issues. The speed commentators were talking about how when the race goes on that everyone is able to go a lot faster on the track and if the Honda drivers can't brake effectively, where will that leave them?

I want Massa to do well but I think he'll have a lot of trouble getting around some of these unusually fast cars. Ferrari will have to have a great strategy, no problems with the car and Massa will need to drive impeccably in order to get into the points.

I like how Kubica only started in the middle of last season and he's already an easy Top 5...Noone seems to notice that but that guyis a great driver.
I think pretty much everyone and their mother notices that actually. He is a great driver and I hope he can improve still. He's aggressive and sometimes gets more than he bargained for but has got a great control over the car and obviously great passion for driving. I was really most impressed with him in Hungary last year. I mean the guy drove in the rain, on disintegrated tires and passed people left and right. He visibly settled since then, I did enjoy his go-for-broke style :mrgreen:

coulthard and the Hondas were just abysmal

DC probably got unlucky with traffic though ,but the Honda looks nigh on undrive-able... jensen was wrestling the thing the whole time.

kimi's just playing games lol.

hamilton really impressed, he's gonna be the next british champ IMO, hopefully he's not affraid to whip his kanckers out and overtake like a champ....we need another mansell in this sport.

itv-f1.comWhy would the FIA approve Super Aguri and Toro Rosso then to race if they arent complying with the rules??
Money! The longer the appeals process the more free press they get. Publicity is publicity is publicity, all of it is good. :james: Best emoticon ever!

i get the sneaky feeling hamilton is going to take this.. . The whole top 6-8 are intensely competitive, in race conditinos it really is anyones race. i cant stand that im in finals week.. i want to watch this badLY!

Money! The longer the appeals process the more free press they get. Publicity is publicity is publicity, all of it is good. :james: Best emoticon ever!

bingo

no such thing as bad publicity. you get your mug in the paper and mags and then later you write a book. people might not like you....but you dont care because you get paid money to sell your story.

im rather impressed to say this, not for jensen but for super aguri

"jensen button would be better off at super aguri" concidering SGs practice, quali and average weekend results.

the customer car issue is not an FIA issue, it's a concorde agreement issue. something for bernie to deal with.

im rather impressed to say this, not for jensen but for super aguri

"jensen button would be better off at super aguri" concidering SGs practice, quali and average weekend results.

nah, what it really says is that honda would be better off if they used last years car.

nah, what it really says is that honda would be better off if they used last years car.

yea, i can see where your coming from :)

either of the 2 would be better for button than this years "earth" car if it stays as it is

Depending on the details of their agreement with SA, that might not be an option. SA would have to buy all the intellectual properties (primary design concepts) associated with last years Honda to be able to race their car. This would mean that Honda has no stake in the intellectual property of last years car, meaning they couldn't race it as you have to own the intellectual property. :cry:
Where'd all you Honda fans go? :lol:

I wouldnt be suprised if halfway through the year, Honda change their livery. I keep hearing rumblings about Gatorade becoming/being a sponsor.

im not sure if this is the case but.

SA must of bought the car designs from honda, honda also supply engines
SA now own the right to that car
Honda would have to pay SA for the rights to use that car design? Wouldnt they?

Im pretty sure that honda have just sold SA the right to build cars using their design, so technically honda would have to buy it back? or am i making this up?

As I understand it, you have to entirely own the design of the car. It can't be a lease of the design, or a lease of manufactured chassis'. So no, Honda couldn't run their car from last year, because it is in effect SA's design. SA couldn't lease the design back to Honda either. Or something like that :cry:

I just think its typical Spyker/Midland/Jordan(final years) thinking.

We havent done well during the winter, we're slow, lets get the main competition penalised.

Daryl Beattie is talking to Mike Gascoyne on Channel 10 right now. He says he isnt suprised the stewards couldnt do anything, and they have reserved the right to protest in Malaysia and are getting some legal advice.

I just think its typical Spyker/Midland/Jordan(final years) thinking.

We havent done well during the winter, we're slow, lets get the main competition penalised.

The performance levels are irrelevant.

It's very simple - the current regulations require teams to design their own car. Spyker (and others) believe SA have bought a customer car - last year's Honda, and therefore have infringed the regulations.

The performance levels are irrelevant.

It's very simple - the current regulations require teams to design their own car. Spyker (and others) believe SA have bought a customer car - last year's Honda, and therefore have infringed the regulations.

yeah, suppose you're right. It's just I feel that Spyker/Midland over the past couple of years could have focussed more on improving their performance instead of protesting over other peoples cars.

Edit: Massa has taken an engine penalty. Now starting from P22.

Last edited: