Sheriff: A&M Student's Body Cooked On Grill

Guys, talking to nomix is like talking to a brick wall(not a compliment nomix). Remember, he is from Norway.......his little self described frosty slice of heaven.

Well how swell.

There's not difference between my reluctancy to change my views and yours.

But then again, I see how the fact I have a different view on the subject than you, I must be a brick wall.

Oh, and I don't believe Norway to be a 'frosty slice of heaven', 'heaven', 'heaven on earth' or anything related to that. I do believe Norway is a good country. We take care of everyone, for instance, but there are lots of issues. Roads, health care which needs improving, and so on.

I am very sorry that I disagree, if that really bugs you that much, I am TRUELY sorry, but that's just my point of view.

In the same way your point of view is yours.

Allthough I do believe that caning someone in public is something that belongs in the 1850s, rather than the 21st century.

Really sorry, but, yeah, that's my view.

Capital punishment is arrogant, its premeditated murder.

nomix said:
In nature, we have the theories of Darwin controlling what happens to individs, while we are at a stadium in development in the west, where we can actually drop Darwinism as a principle for our societies, which we have done.
If you live in a capitalist country you naturally have Darwinism. It's an inherently competitive system, not everyone can succeed economically. That's also twisting what Darwin actually meant, it's not just "survival of the fittest", it's more like "survival of who ever is most successful at reproduction." In which case Europe fails as a whole (along with many other modern countries/regions), since the native population has sub-replacement level fertility rates. Sorry, I've been going over some of this stuff in class :D.

nomix said:
I am very sorry that I disagree, if that really bugs you that much, I am TRULY sorry, but that's just my point of view.
Lol, do I sense sarcasm? If people weren't opinionated, or just laid down easily, arguing wouldn't be any fun. So you keep being a 'brick wall', and so will we lol.

Capital punishment is arrogant, its premeditated murder.

Well, I guess we can forget our pages of informed and political debate; another 19 year-old with all the answers has summed it up in only 7 words. Very impressive.

Move out into the world, Jr.

Guys, talking to nomix is like talking to a brick wall(not a compliment nomix). Remember, he is from Norway.......his little self described frosty slice of heaven.
Yeah, you're hardly one to talk! ;)

I don't agree with nomix, but seriously...that was the lamest excuse for a rebuttal possible. "yeah, well...he's from Norway! Yeah, those freaks like to eat reindeer and shit!"

Yeah, you're hardly one to talk! ;)

I don't agree with nomix, but seriously...that was the lamest excuse for a rebuttal possible. "yeah, well...he's from Norway! Yeah, those freaks like to eat reindeer and shit!"

I may have went a little overboard but it seems he always takes the opposite position for the sake of taking the opposite position. But also, if you look at the governments of the various Northern European countries, the decisions they have made, and nomix's response to them you will get what I am talking about.

Last edited:
If you live in a capitalist country you naturally have Darwinism. It's an inherently competitive system, not everyone can succeed economically. That's also twisting what Darwin actually meant, it's not just "survival of the fittest", it's more like "survival of who ever is most successful at reproduction." In which case Europe fails as a whole (along with many other modern countries/regions), since the native population has sub-replacement level fertility rates. Sorry, I've been going over some of this stuff in class :D.
I'm all for market economy. But not Laizez Faire Market Liberalism. A mixture, would be my choice.

We can afford to take care of those who can't take care of themselves, so we do.

Oh, and there's rather extensive support for that policy in Norway.

Lol, do I sense sarcasm? If people weren't opinionated, or just laid down easily, arguing wouldn't be any fun. So you keep being a 'brick wall', and so will we lol.
I will. :) And that was my point. :)

Well, I guess we can forget our pages of informed and political debate; another 19 year-old with all the answers has summed it up in only 7 words. Very impressive.

Move out into the world, Jr.
Compared to a 26 year old who think HE has all the answers. Right?

His age is irrelevant when he has a valid opinion.

I may have went a little overboard but it seems he always takes the opposite position for the sake of taking the opposite position. But also, if you look at the governments of the various Northern European countries, the decisions they have made, and nomix's response to them you will get what I am talking about.
I can agree, if I agree.

I don't take the opposite position just for fun, I do it because - one might argue - I probably disagree with you on most social topics.

I don't turn on something I agree on.

And our government does do quite a lot of stupid stuff, but it's not like your government is the epitemy of intelligence either.

But we do take care of those in our society who can't cope, and I won't say it's an universal answer that any country not willing to send more troups to Iraq, and any country willing to actually speak with a democraticly elected government, is stupid.

That might be your opinion, but that's not the same as saying it is a universal truth.

Just admit it, it was just an argumentative remark from your side.

Well, I think I spent more than 7 words trying to explain my opinion. I don't have a problem with a difference of opinion, but I will dismiss sweeping generalizations and categorical statements that don't have any explanation and remain undefended.

Ok, my age comment was a bit out of line, I admit that and I'm sorry.

BlaRo said:
"yeah, well...he's from Norway! Yeah, those freaks like to eat reindeer and shit!"
I lol'd my ass of at that :lol: .

Blind_Io said:
Well, I think I spent more than 7 words trying to explain my opinion. I don't have a problem with a difference of opinion, but I will dismiss sweeping generalizations and categorical statements that don't have any explanation and remain undefended.
I agree. It's easy to make some end-all statement like "capital punishment is wrong". It's another thing to be able to articulate why you feel that way, and why others should agree.

Ok, my age comment was a bit out of line, I admit that and I'm sorry.
Yup, I do get your point. Actually argumentating for ones view is quite a nice thing.

What is all this, truth and reconciliation?

:lol:

http://img369.imageshack.**/img369/5476/chiefeh6.jpghttp://img369.imageshack.**/img369/321/cortanazb3.jpg

These two kicked the crap out of that ship.