Desperate help with music for my bankrupt uni.

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
Dear all,

As some of you might know from irc, my university went bankrupt just some time ago when the Mayor took back his support for the Uni prior to his upcoming elections, as the town doesnt really appreciate the idea of having an International University in a little german town.

At this point, the students have taken it up to themselves to find prospective sponsors for the University as to keep it from shutting down. In the process, me and five of my friends are preparing a media kit, a 60 second flash movie, to be shown at various conferences and meetings, to top company executives.

What inspired me to do this was this ad,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/alokharidas/376f1990.swf

What I am looking for desperately is some sort of music that will go with it, something similar to the one used in the sample clip i posted here.

If you have any questions, I will be more than willing to answer.

Thanks a big lot.

Alok

Last edited:
I've got the perfect track for you - where can I send it?

It's much like the one in the Aspirin one, with a sweeping ending that you should be able to use.

Last edited:
I can't help with the music Alok, but I hope your Uni manages to stay around.

Thanks a big bunch BCS, awesome tracks perfect for the job.

I know what you mean about becoming an international university, I don't mind international students that come and actually do Australian stuff (eg the euros and americans) what does piss me off is the Chinese that come and only speak chinese, only hang around other chinese etc.

I know what you mean about becoming an international university, I don't mind international students that come and actually do Australian stuff (eg the euros and americans) what does piss me off is the Chinese that come and only speak chinese, only hang around other chinese etc.

We had that problem with Romanians, then I have a mostly hollywood plagiarised speech and the clustering stopped.

Haha, its EXACTLY the same here. They come here, take all the courses, only speak chinese with their only chinese buddies and then go back. And studying is free here so we basically educate them for free. Its pretty weird.

That's so true! It's exactly the same situation at my university. Those Chinese student usually work really hard :blink: but they are not that good on the social side (yeah, with their Chinese friends). And their level of English isn't top notch either.

/offtopic

Last edited:
Be sure to keep us updated, eh!

Sure, the flash slideshow will be done by tonight or tomorrow morning. One thing that sort of itches me is that it is made by just one hungarian guy who seems to have a etched-in-stone idea in his head. He has the exact choice of music, which, everyone else he asked told him sounded too african. So I asked him to make two versions, one with his music choice and one with the music sampled from what you sent me.

I will post more info here after the proceedings.

Yeah, the chinese-international student thing is a pretty big problem. I'm chinese myself, and I find it awkward to be around them. With China's economy doing better than before, more and more people can afford to send their children abroad to study, but they mostly hang around other chinese, and only speak chinese. Oh...and if you're a guy, never EVER get into a relationship with a chinese girl that's studying abroad. They're only after your money. I've heard so many stories where this situation as turned bad.

And studying is free here so we basically educate them for free. Its pretty weird.

How is this possible? I'm not familiar with the International Uni system. Do German tax payers get mad? Just curious...

No atm everybody gets mad because they want to introduce a 500? fee per semester.
(Which is really pretty stupid imho)

The video is done, although I do not agree with the music completely. I have asked the guy who made it to use one of the track BCS(a big thank you!) sent me.

Here is the video, although the video is in high quality, gvideo kills it

[gvideo]3814086887569613069[/gvideo]

^ Video looks good, the music reminds me of The Lion King though, so I agree with you that it's prolly not the best choise.

^ Video looks good, the music reminds me of The Lion King though, so I agree with you that it's prolly not the best choise.

yea. The song is all African Rain Dance to me, in fact, the music is called Rain Dance

Sorry for maybe a bit cynical comment, but who is this video inteded for?

It says "look how much fun we have here, don't kick us"...
Where are the photos of people sitting in classes, reading books, doing labwork etc? :)