2008 Nissan Altima Coupe.

Jay

the fool on the hill
From Autoblog:

Yes, the new 2007 Nissan Altima Coupe is the poor man's G35, as long as the financially challenged don't mind moving the coupe's motivating wheels up front. Though given a shorter wheelbase and shorter overall length than 4-door Altima, the Coupe looks like a cross between its sedan sibling and rich cousin, the Infiniti G35. Ahead of the doors it's all Altima, but aft of and including the C-pillar, it's all G35. The broad and defined shoulders that flow over the rear fenders and into the trunk are just gorgeous if you ask us.

The Altima Coupe will be staring down the Honda Accord Coupe and Toyota Solara Coupe in the marketplace, as well as perhaps the Pontiac G6 Coupe and Chevy Monte Carlo. It will be armed with either a 170-hp, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine or the yummy 3.5-liter VQ V6 rated at 270 horsepower and 258 ft-lbs. of torque, both available with either an Xtronic CVT or 6-speed manual. The interior is standard Altima stuff, except for seats that are more deeply bolstered, and the backseat doesn't look suitable for anyone other than Frodo and friends. Nissan hasn't released any info on price, but the Altima Coupe will arrive in showrooms next summer as a 2008 model.
http://img443.imageshack.**/img443/4650/6altimacoupeev8.jpg

We at my Nissan dealer are expecting these sell out faster than we can supply.

Source:http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/29/la-auto-show-2008-nissan-altima-coupe-the-poor-mans-g35/
Nissan site(flash):http://www.nissanusa.com/altimaCoupe/?intcmp=altimacoupe.promo.homepage.home.p2

It looks um futuristic ?

Oh dear, that rear end looks awful. Too many lines.

But yes, I can see this selling in the truckloads.

I think it is an unbalenced looking car. In order to sell tons they will have to discount them.
The new Accord coupe has to look better.

It looks nice from the front. Is it just me or does it look like the trunk opening is tiny?

It looks good for the money. The front looks a bit like a modified maxima while the rear looks like a scion tC + pontiac g6 + maxima + sorta bentley cgt.

I'd take the sedan over it.... That's at least edgy. This is just bland.

That said though, they can't go too far with an Altima Coup?. If they did, who'd buy the G35?

It's a mini 350Z for wimps. :p

What the hell happened to the back of it? It looks like they had several completely different design proposals and just overlaid them on each other - nasty.

That back end is a bit wrong, I strongly suspect someone tried to accent that rear fender in photoshop; either that or the lighting is really wonky.

I actually like it, but it will face an uphill battle against Accord. Even the Solara couldn't upset the Accord Coupe.

Those are large tail lenses.

I saw one of these in March at the Philly Auto Show. It looked good. Nissans aren't my thing having worked for them, and driven them alot. They feel too cheap, boring, and souless (excluding the Z... there is pedigree there, but still not enough).

Again, though, this one didn't look bad in real life. And in black... it hid the ugly lines.

Well I'm glad we don't get that car over here. Its butt ugly!

I agree on the small trunk opening thing. I rrrrrrrrrreally don't understand why car manufacturers don't make these cars with their sloping tail-ends into hatchbacks. The Mitsu Eclipse, the Jag XK, the Scion TC all have coupe-profiles, but they are hatchbacks. Arg. What's the point of having a huge trunk if you can't put in a 12x12x12 box?!?!

That said, I like the shape, and the price...the front/rear needs some aggression/detail work, respectively.

Looks like a scion TC from the back