Hammond's helmet - HE HAS IT!!!!

Hey, that's pretty cool - and a good excuse to save the thread from oblivion.

For all of those who said that they wish they could have contributed - i thhink the air ambulence thing is still going - its a great and worthy cause :)

damn good call!

Bah I wasn't here for the donation, and I feel bad about it.

However I LOVE the helmet so much. It's perfect, its even got a hamster in a zonda.

Tis the perfect gift, and I'm glad the hamster got his gift. I hope it fits but as the letter said and I agree, thats just bonus points.

Great job to all those that took part in it. The internet is fantastic.

so. any updates on whether he ACTUALLY got it or not?

i really doubt Hammond would be the pompous type to not actually send a letter/email/post on the forum for some sign of gratitude.

unless he plans to unveil it in the next season with the eleventy million viewers Top Gear has now..

We have an inside man who confirmed that he has the helmet. There is no information yet on a reply, and we didn't do it for publicity. I just hope he enjoys it. You're right, I think he will probably do something to let us know he got it. It took months to get the helmet to him, so let's just be patient. He's still getting back to 100% and putting the wreck behind him.

There were many gifts and donations sent in his name, and he did thank everyone who sent their good wishes and donations. We should consider ourselves part of that group. Many of us donated to the Air Ambulance Service and to the Hamster Helmet Project.

It would be cool to see the helmet on the show at some point, but that's up to Hamster. They may not want to encourage people sending all manner of things hoping for it to be included on the show.

so. any updates on whether he ACTUALLY got it or not?

i really doubt Hammond would be the pompous type to not actually send a letter/email/post on the forum for some sign of gratitude.

unless he plans to unveil it in the next season with the eleventy million viewers Top Gear has now..

I don't think any of us are expecting him to pop on here to say thanks, or to show it on Top Gear, because thats not why it was done. He has it, we all feel good about ourselves for making this happen and if we do get a reply back or a mention somewhere, then thats a bonus.

awesome job guys!!!!

What size ended up getting ordered? It'd be nice if it were usable, even though I doubt he would use it. It looks way awesome, btw. I'm sorry I wasn't around enough to be part of this.

Well it'b be nice if he shows it on Top Gear, but the general idea would be a quiet thankyou from Richard and to fly under the radar because we basicly are verging on the border between legal and ilegal.

Well downloading TG and FG isn't exactly legal now is it.

(well it is if you live in Canada, but thats another story)

I don't think they care, since it makes no difference with the way the BBC collects money.
At least, for all us non-brits.

... we basicly are verging on the border between legal and ilegal.

Sorry, you are wrong. There is nothing wrong with what we are doing. We don't provide any copyrighted material, we are a discussion board for the shows and all things automotive (as well as many things that aren't) and news site for updates about episodes, content guides and so forth. Hell, we know that some people at BBC lurk on the boards.

FinalGear is breaking no laws. This comes up a few times a year, use the search and read through the last few threads where this has come up.

I like to wear a sundress while i type, pretty sure thats illegal