Colin McRae:Dirt

Or you could just buy an Xbox 360 and stop worrying about upgrading your computer every year to play the latest games :p
'Cept 95% of the games I play are PC only (first person shooters and WoW) and this PC is over 3 years old. You had to upgrade from a Xbox 1 to a 360 in that time period, didn't you? :p

'Cept 95% of the games I play are PC only (first person shooters and WoW) and this PC is over 3 years old. You had to upgrade from a Xbox 1 to a 360 in that time period, didn't you? :p

I never bought the original Xbox, I went from a PS2 to the Xbox 360. So I paid $300 for a PS2 in October 2000, then I paid $300 (good deal) for an Xbox 360 Premium in August 2006. That's comes out to less than $5/month (plus games of course).

Can a graphics card last six years? Nope! Console gaming is always cheaper in the long-run, plus you can run every new game that is released during its life cycle.

Can a graphics card last six years? Nope!

Of course not, but PS2 graphics looked like shit when the 360 came out. While PC games gradually progress, console graphics nearly always improve in huge leaps, cutting the cost. Already the PC is once again easily surpassing consoles in terms of graphics.

But anyway, we could argue all day...

Of course not, but PS2 graphics looked like shit when the 360 came out. While PC games gradually progress, console graphics nearly always improve in huge leaps, cutting the cost. Already the PC is once again easily surpassing consoles in terms of graphics.

But anyway, we could argue all day...

But graphics aren't everything.

But graphics aren't everything.

Yes, but in today's world, they mean alot. People don't like games that look like poo, and there's no reason that they should look like poo with the hardware we have available. But yeah, I agree that gameplay should be the foucs for game developers. Unfortunately, they often put out a game that looks great but is lacking in other areas.

Anyway, back on topic: We're only a few days from the release date, atleast here in the US, woo-hoo :D

Only the demo so far bro. I pre-ordered the PC version, but it won't be in my hands till probably the 20th.

With that said, the game can be found elsewhere for those who feel like getting it early, so I'm waiting on that, but it does have Starforce, so we'll see if it even works.

You'll probably get it early, they fast forwarded the release, at least in Europe.
Anyway, I tried it, and my machine is enough to run it at high. Haven't tried Ultra so far. High looks pretty much like the Xbox demo.
I'm really not too fond of the graphic style (all you flamers: I said the style, the gfx is fine per se...) though. A bit over the Top. Nice to look at at first, but after a short while... Dunno. Strikes me as a bit comicky.

I agree it looks a bit off, but better than Forza in my opinion.

edit: New best on the Avelsbachring: 2:15:55

Last edited:
Yeah, about the graphics: I agree that the post processing/HDR is a bit overdone. Would be nice to have an option to turn that down a bit without disabling it completely. It's still the best looking racer I've seen so far.

At first I thought the handling was a bit weird, but then I got an X360 controller and I love it, especially the Impreza stage.

For PC users: there's a new patch out that supposed to fix a few bugs, plus boost the framerates a bit.

Picked up a rental copy today, havent changed handling physics from demo, the game is absolute gash.

Very disappointed.

I think the handling in the demo is great, perhaps I just got used to it :rolleyes:

so everyones *bought* this game or bought this game? i *bought* it and cant get it to work , stupid starforce shit

so everyones *bought* this game or bought this game? i *bought* it and cant get it to work , stupid starforce shit

Ah it is tricky buying it like that, very important to have the newest version of daemon tools! I didn't and it wouldn't start.

On a whole, its a great game, everyone should get it :)

And playing with the keyboard isn't that bad.

Latest Daemon Tools + YASU usually does the trick.

And playing with the keyboard isn't that bad.

You must be a better man than me, because I tried it with th keyboard and sucked royally. X360 controller FTW!

A little tip for people on the pc, turning the audio mode to software makes the game quite a bit more smooth.

It seems like that would be the case only if you had onboard sound. If you have a dedicated sound card, such as an X-fi, Directsound or OpenAL should be the best way to go